Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:08 AM   #1
conxobanx
macrumors newbie

iTunes: how to easily "locate" music on a new hard drive

Hi all,

I just upgraded my old (but still mighty) 2007 MB Pro with an SSD, plus I replaced the Superdrive with a new 750GB drive. It works perfect!

The thing is that in the past I was keeping all my music on an external hard drive (only the music, the library files were always on the MBPro), but now that I have the available storage capacity, I would like to move all music to the 750 GB drive.

So the question is how can I just point iTunes to the new location where my music resides, WITHOUT loosing all the metadata I carefully edited over the last 5 years..

I've tried editing the xml file, but it seems the .itl file has all the juice & Apple can't let us edit it.

Any suggestions would be very welcomed.

Many thanks
conxobanx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store