Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:45 AM   #1
l3stat
macrumors newbie

Unhappy iMessage not registering with iTunes ID

Hope someone can help me out here.. Been facing this weird issue for the past 4 days. I own an iphone 4 and 5 with iOS 6.0.1 and due to some reason i deactivated my imessages the other day and since then i'm not able to register it again with my itunes ID keeps giving me the password error. Following are some of the steps i did in trying to solve this issue but nothing worked.

1. Reset my password for itunes ID
2. Erase all contents and settings from the phones and configure imessage again.
3. date and time set to automatic.
4. use a different ID on my iphones. But no luck.

I know for sure that my Itunes ID is working as i've got a macbook pro and imessages configured on that with the same ID... I tried signing in from my ipod and works there aswell...

A friend of mine signed in using his ID on my iphone and his ID is working on my phone..
l3stat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:15 AM   #2
l3stat
macrumors newbie

I guess no body really faced this issue. Anyways i called up apple support yesterday and frankly speaking they were shocked to hear this aswell. About after an hour of trying to troubleshoot the issue the call was redirected to one of the senior consultants at apple and he had no clue whats causing it so now he forwarded the issue to the engineering team. Am still waiting for them to resolve this.
l3stat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Zwille
macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem - I deactivated iMessage yesterday (during the outage) because I thought turning it on and off would fix it, but then it didn't accept the password anymore. It still worked on my iMac, so I was confused, and tried changing it to a password that's easier to type on the iPhone keyboard, but that didn't help either, and now it's not being accepted on my iMac or the iCloud website anymore, either, no matter what I do.

Googling just turned up the advice to leave it and wait until it works again.

edit: I just randomly tried the password I had before the outage and it worked. What the heck.

Last edited by Zwille; Nov 19, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Zwille is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:44 AM   #4
aldo818
macrumors regular

i ve had the same problem since i have my iphone 5 it works with my phone nr but not with my apple id. have been to the apple store several times called the service line no luck i tried reset passwords, reset phone, etc... I GAVE UP after several month.

IF you find an solution to make your apple id work on your iphone 5 please let me know.

I ve started several threads here before where i got some advice from but unfortually none worked for me.
aldo818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Prawnstar69
macrumors regular

http://absinthejailbreak.com/imessages-is-down-apple-confirms/
Prawnstar69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting