Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:27 PM   #1
hitek79
macrumors member

Cool stand for iPad

I'm not sure it's going to make it to market though. The price isn't cheap, but it looks well thought out. Anyone know of anything similar in case this doesn't get funded?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-mount-and-sta
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:40 PM   #2
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
I'm not sure it's going to make it to market though. The price isn't cheap, but it looks well thought out. Anyone know of anything similar in case this doesn't get funded?

It's not bad but basically it's like carrying a naked iPad and people aren't comfortable with doing that for a $500 device.
nuckinfutz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:15 PM   #3
ixbilalxi
macrumors newbie

No mount but this kickstarter seems closer to completion.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-ipad?ref=live
ixbilalxi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:21 PM   #4
cali0028
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixbilalxi View Post
No mount but this kickstarter seems closer to completion.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-ipad?ref=live
that's pretty cool!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:09 PM   #5
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

setting aside the mounting aspect...zerochroma has had a pretty versatile case/stand.

Hope the do one for the mini
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:31 AM   #6
jmgregory1
macrumors 6502a

How about this stand? I allows both iPad and iPhone to sit and charge at the same time. It's made of thick acrylic with a matte black surface. There are multiple charger cut-outs to allow various iPad / iPhone orientations.

It's very secure when using either iPad or iPhone, unlike some of the smaller center mount units on the market. I find it a great place to keep both during the day while at my desk or for overnight charging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 11-21-12 at 10.23 AM.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	378820  
jmgregory1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:07 AM   #7
hitek79
macrumors member

I'm looking for something portable. I really like the one that ixbilaxli posted.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:32 AM   #8
daytona
macrumors member

Quote:
I'm looking for something portable. I really like the one that ixbilaxli posted.
I like it also, but I ma not finding ANYWHERE to puchase. It appears to be still in production mode (
daytona is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:27 PM   #9
ixbilalxi
macrumors newbie

Check out the updates section. Many people already got their stands from the initial batch. They are ramping up production so you should probably just use the kickstarter to back the reward level you want now.
ixbilalxi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:44 AM   #10
daytona
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixbilalxi View Post
Check out the updates section. Many people already got their stands from the initial batch. They are ramping up production so you should probably just use the kickstarter to back the reward level you want now.
Well, I guess I fall under the Dunce Group today. Searched for the "updates section" in this forum and came up with nothing. Any links?

Nervermind, I expanded my search to the "kickstarters" website and found it.

Last edited by daytona; Nov 23, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
daytona is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:24 PM   #11
alexponential
macrumors newbie

It's cool, but how many people are actually going to be able to make use of the magnetic mount feature? Aside from what it showed with the car or the workout machine, most people don't have magnetic walls in their homes.
alexponential is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:35 PM   #12
hitek79
macrumors member

Bump, these guys are getting close! I hope it makes it!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:55 AM   #13
JohnFromLA
macrumors newbie

Boomerang for the iPad

Quote:

The project actually got funded a few days ago. I got one myself and I can't wait to check it out. I bought Vogel's Ringo a while ago and I must say it's pretty awkward to use. if this Boomerang lives up to the expectations I think this will be the best thing on the market. I spoke to the founder and he says they'll start delivering end of Jan
JohnFromLA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:46 AM   #14
colshine
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFromLA View Post
The project actually got funded a few days ago. I got one myself and I can't wait to check it out. I bought Vogel's Ringo a while ago and I must say it's pretty awkward to use. if this Boomerang lives up to the expectations I think this will be the best thing on the market. I spoke to the founder and he says they'll start delivering end of Jan
Yeah, I've got one on order as well - looking forward to getting hold of it.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:17 PM   #15
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Back when I got my first-gen iPad, I explored various options for stands and at that time there weren't a whole lot out there yet. Now, of course, 4 iPad generations later there are, but in the meantime I am still perfectly happy with the inexpensive Gibson 3A Wire Display Stands that I bought at Amazon. You can get a pack of 4 of them for $15.29. They work a treat for standing the iPad in various positions and for having it either portrait orientation or landscape orientation. The iPad Mini fits on these, too. They work nicely for charging in addition to just having the iPad standing around at home or when traveling. They fold up easily for sticking into a travel bag, too. These come in black (looks great with the black iPad!) or white. Something to consider and a heckuva lot less expensive and just as convenient and often a lot more portable than many of the specially-designed iPad stands now on the market.

http://www.amazon.com/4-Pack-Gibson-...gibson+3a+wire

Last edited by Clix Pix; Dec 8, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Clix Pix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:11 PM   #16
uroscadez
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckinfutz View Post
It's not bad but basically it's like carrying a naked iPad and people aren't comfortable with doing that for a $500 device.
Hi there,

My name's Uros. I'm the creator of XVIDA's Boomerang and I can tell you I'm one of those who's extremely concerned about my iPad's well-being, which is one of the reasons I came up with The Boomerang. By far the most vulnerable thing on the iPad are it's corners. If it falls it's the first thing that will dent ..and that looks really ugly (to say the least, if you're lucky your iPad still works). And Boomerang protects the corners like few other accessories, because our custom designed corner pads are made of robust thick rubber that will absorb significant shocks...Furthermore Boomerang protects the back of the iPad and allows for the Smart Cover to take care of the screen.
Of course there are different tastes and it will not be to everyone's liking ... when production starts I'll do some drop tests to show we are serious about protecting our beloved iPads

best regards to all, Uros (XVIDA founder)
uroscadez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:12 PM   #17
besnfrd
macrumors member

http://twelvesouth.com/products/compass/
besnfrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:03 AM   #18
surgedc5
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to surgedc5
foldable stand, very portable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230878829186...84.m1497.l2649
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:09 PM   #19
JohnFromLA
macrumors newbie

Boomerang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckinfutz View Post
Not sure I would agree-it says on their project site that it is compatible with Smart Cover and Boomerang offers additional protection for iPad's corners and back. But I have to wait till I get mine to see.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexponential View Post
It's cool, but how many people are actually going to be able to make use of the magnetic mount feature? Aside from what it showed with the car or the workout machine, most people don't have magnetic walls in their homes.
Yes, but it comes with a sticker that allows you to mount it on the wall, ceramic tiles, glass etc. I just watched their latest update and it seems to work really well:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-and-sta/posts
JohnFromLA is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories