Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:47 PM   #876
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Nice!!! What is the cost of the Spectra shields and where can I get them?

http://theluckylabs.com/iphone/iphone-5.html

Last edited by trdspectacoma; Nov 21, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:36 PM   #877
superstardj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Just got my gunmetal FE and it's gorgeous. I also put blue spectra wraps on it. Please excuse the crappy iPad pics.
Attachment 378842

Attachment 378843

Attachment 378844

Attachment 378845

Attachment 378846
Looks awesome! Which blue wraps are those I have some I think they are the regular blue I may put on soon. Awesome, glad you finally got it
superstardj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:21 PM   #878
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Just got my gunmetal FE and it's gorgeous. I also put blue spectra wraps on it. Please excuse the crappy iPad pics.
Attachment 378842

Attachment 378843

Attachment 378844

Attachment 378845

Attachment 378846
Very nice. I think it's graphite not gunmetal.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:07 PM   #879
Hadi1985
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
I ordered a black one but the funny thing is on the order page it said it was a FE and black and I thought FE only came in graphite

Sector 5 First Edition iPhone 5 Case
[Sector 5 Color:Black]
[Purchase Confirmation:I understand that Sector 5 will not begin shipping until Nov 26th, 2012.]

So I don't know if they just didn't change the wording or if it was actually a first edition
Hi, when you ordered yours with "I understand that Sector 5 will not begin shipping until Nov 26th, 2012" when was it actually shipped? Right now it says that the case only ships after Dec. 3rd, I'd like to know how realistic it is to receive it by Dec. 10th!
Hadi1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:20 PM   #880
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadi1985 View Post
Hi, when you ordered yours with "I understand that Sector 5 will not begin shipping until Nov 26th, 2012" when was it actually shipped? Right now it says that the case only ships after Dec. 3rd, I'd like to know how realistic it is to receive it by Dec. 10th!
They ship out in weekly batches on how when they receive it in the batch.

it will not be shipped until after the 26th but before the 3rd of Dec. and so on.

I am in this same batch, I will probably not get mines shipped till most likely the 29th
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:21 PM   #881
Kenjichaz808
macrumors newbie

Dimensions?

Hey guys I just ordered this case and I am trying to get this custom dock for the case. Can anyone with the case give me the dimensions of the case?
Kenjichaz808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:59 PM   #882
superstardj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
Graphite, Gunmetal - same thing Gunmetal is a graphite color. I call mine gunmetal as well
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:16 PM   #883
Swayzee
macrumors member

Went on lunch and was able to catch the fedex guy just as i got to my house. The silver on white is beautiful. I will see if i can take pictures when i get home tonight.

Also, with the glass.t, it is perfect. Almost as if they were designed to go together. I wasn't expecting to like the suede back, but after putting it on, i was quite impressed. Wish i would've waited before buying the SGP back protector, but its okay since i have something to use as a backup in case i change my mind down the line.

Waiting on my aluminum spigen button that should come tonight.
Swayzee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:24 PM   #884
Pap
macrumors newbie

Nice! Would live to see some pics. Haven't seen a silver one yet. Hopefully I get mine late next week.
Pap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:55 PM   #885
superstardj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayzee View Post
Went on lunch and was able to catch the fedex guy just as i got to my house. The silver on white is beautiful. I will see if i can take pictures when i get home tonight.

Also, with the glass.t, it is perfect. Almost as if they were designed to go together. I wasn't expecting to like the suede back, but after putting it on, i was quite impressed. Wish i would've waited before buying the SGP back protector, but its okay since i have something to use as a backup in case i change my mind down the line.

Waiting on my aluminum spigen button that should come tonight.
Yes pictures please!!! Bet it will look awesome did you pick up any spectra wraps?? Bet the silver ones would really make it flow or maybe black for some contrast...what does everyone else think would be a good color wrap to go with his setup? Are you going to use the silver colored button? Don't guess the black one would flow too well huh?

Anyway congrats! We need more pictures people, think I might put my blue wraps on tonight although i really like the matte key lime ones I have on at the moment...
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:59 PM   #886
Swayzee
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstardj View Post
Yes pictures please!!! Bet it will look awesome did you pick up any spectra wraps?? Bet the silver ones would really make it flow or maybe black for some contrast...what does everyone else think would be a good color wrap to go with his setup? Are you going to use the silver colored button? Don't guess the black one would flow too well huh?

Anyway congrats! We need more pictures people, think I might put my blue wraps on tonight although i really like the matte key lime ones I have on at the moment...
Planning to use the silver button. And i have the blue spectra wraps right now.. i think it looks great. will post pictures when i get home tonight.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:04 PM   #887
Hadi1985
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
They ship out in weekly batches on how when they receive it in the batch.

it will not be shipped until after the 26th but before the 3rd of Dec. and so on.

I am in this same batch, I will probably not get mines shipped till most likely the 29th
So if I order mine now which isn't going to be shipped earlier than Dec. 3rd, by when do you guys think I'm going to receive it?
Hadi1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:20 PM   #888
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
Quote:
Graphite, Gunmetal - same thing Gunmetal is a graphite color. I call mine gunmetal as well
Quote:
Looks awesome! Which blue wraps are those I have some I think they are the regular blue I may put on soon. Awesome, glad you finally got it
Thanks, I call it gunmetal, but it really is a graphite color. The best way to describe the color is literally graphite drawn on a piece of paper.

They're the blue spectra wraps from lucky labs. I also have black and white and I may be willing to trade as I wish I got more colored ones maybe red or yellow. I have matte black and white.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:22 PM   #889
Aays06
macrumors member

Pics of silver on white please. I have ordered the same set up and wanting to see what it looks like. Have not seen any silver pics yet.
Aays06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:51 PM   #890
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aays06 View Post
Pics of silver on white please. I have ordered the same set up and wanting to see what it looks like. Have not seen any silver pics yet.
I've been waiting for this also. I can't understand why Element hasn't shown this. It's a natural combination. I have a white phone. The graphite looks good, but I went to the extreme of ordering a silver one also (a lot of money to see if I'm right). Please post pictures, someone.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:18 PM   #891
Aays06
macrumors member

Also mine is white. I thought about black, but was afraid of wear and tear after awhile and then the silver showing through. I have seen some other people saying some of the finishes wear and then the aluminum shows through.
Aays06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:22 PM   #892
BoomstickMafia
macrumors member

Poor packaging

Ok, I get why several have harped on the packaging now.

Not that the box even matters to me, it's just that you'd expect a little more (ok, a lot more) from a box for a luxury case.

My thoughts:

The box is surrounded by a paper sleeve. And here's why. Because the box that contains the S5 is a repurposed, unused Vapor Pro box. They wrapped the box with a black sticker to cover it up, but on the inside, they couldn't use a black sticker because they printed the S5 info on a white sticker and here is where you can see through the sticker and notice that the box was for a Vapor Pro. So I peeled back the sticker on the bottom and sure enough, there is an image of the Vapor Pro as well.

In addition, the transit case is also a hand-me-down. I'm sure it is the same transit case they have used for all other cases. Only problem is how much bigger the iPhone 5 is. The S5 does fit in it, but one should NOT have to manipulate the zipper to get it to close. It's such a tight fit, I feel like the zipper could very easily scratch the aluminum frame that is the Sector 5 - not cool, not cool at all.

Ok, my rant is over. The best news is that the case looks awesome. It's just a shame for the price point of the S5 that they repurposed the box and transit case.

I also must say that I have applied the ultra suede back plate and I like it far better than I ever thought I would. That said, it's coming off as soon as they rectify the CF.
BoomstickMafia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:15 AM   #893
Swayzee
macrumors member

Sorry. iPad picture will have to do for now. Slr battery is dead
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	379001  
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:42 AM   #894
Adutrumque
Banned

My bony for the silver just took a huge leap down.. I'm disappointed.

Can I change my order or that's not possible ?

To FE
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:47 AM   #895
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadi1985 View Post
So if I order mine now which isn't going to be shipped earlier than Dec. 3rd, by when do you guys think I'm going to receive it?
Depends on how far you are in. Preorders closed on the 16th. So not for a while if you order now
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:31 AM   #896
Adutrumque
Banned

Can I request pictures of the white iPhone with the FE edition ? Thanks.

Btw just noticed. The SE has the "FLUX" finish aswell. Just to clarify.

Last edited by Adutrumque; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:27 AM   #897
Dexy
macrumors regular

The FE and the SE gun metal is the SAME finish and color....only difference is transparent plastic,silver aluminium button and SE don't have a engraved logo inside of the case
Dexy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:32 AM   #898
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
The FE and the SE gun metal is the SAME finish and color....only difference is transparent plastic,silver aluminium button and SE don't have a engraved logo inside of the case
What ?
only difference is transparent plastic,silver aluminium button
?????

Do you mean the power button?

And no, its not the same color obviously.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:51 AM   #899
BoomstickMafia
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post

To FE
Maybe it's just the blue wrap turning you off.
BoomstickMafia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:00 AM   #900
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post

To FE
I don't think it's the silver. it's just that this case doesn't look good on white iphones, period.

It's that monolithic uniformity of the black screen that works well combined with the case.
NovemberWhiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories