Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Chuchichan
macrumors regular

Upgrading to Mountain Lion...

I'm thinking of upgrading to Mountain Lion and when I do I'd like to do a fresh install. This would be possible?

Also, what is the best way to prepare iTunes for the transfer. There are two user accounts on my laptop which is on Lion now. Can I maintain the same settings, music, podcasts, etc? I understand that I would have to reimport the music again, but I'm worried about losing applications and settings in iTunes and have to redownload things again.

Thanks in advance.
Chuchichan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Edie Brickell
macrumors member

I would suggest taking a full backup of your Mac including your applications and iTunes via time machine. Also you can clone your full drive and save your data and application in another drive as backup purpose
Edie Brickell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion