Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:01 AM   #176
Vanilla Ice
macrumors 6502

All of those that disagrees with how Israel is handling this ongoing conflict. please do a little more research. For almost 12 years now, there have been over 9,000 rockets launched into Israel by Palestine. This needs to stop. If the US was getting attacked the same way by Mexico or Canada, The US would have handled it a long time ago. Something I actually agree with president Obama, "If somebody was sending rockets into my house, where my two daughters sleep at night, Im going to do everything in my power to stop that, and I would expect Israelis to do the same thing. Seems to me Israel is getting tired of these attacks and are going to put a stop to it. I wish them the best.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:02 AM   #177
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac View Post
They are shooting rockets with the intention to kill civilians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
For almost 12 years now, there have been over 9,000 rockets launched into Israel by Palestine.
True, but those rockets are so ineffective they may as well be stones. Additionally very few of which have been fired in the last 4 years (except after Hamas' leader was assassinated).

Quote:
If the US was getting attacked the same way by Mexico or Canada, The US would have handled it a long time ago.
Plenty of other countries have had terrorism, and they haven't handled it like Israel. The British didn't, the Spanish didn't and so on.

Quote:
Seems to me Israel is getting tired of these attacks and are going to put a stop to it.
Maybe Israel needs to stop their trade embargo, assassinating Hamas' leaders etc. etc.

Quote:
I wish them the best.
Then they need to stop over-reacting. The change in world opinion is going against them.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:13 AM   #178
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
True, but those rockets are so ineffective they may as well be stones. Additionally very few of which have been fired in the last 4 years (except after Hamas' leader was assassinated).
I'm not sure how I can respond to this other than if either side really wants peace, then both need to cease killing each other. It's a two-way thing, and its been going on for so many years the original reason for war has long been forgotten. Rockets are not stones and the IDFs alleged ethical violations should not be overlooked. It is a two way thing, and as President Obama said himself, a very complicated situation. Hopefully something greater than a temporary ceasefire is reached for everyone's sake. I honestly don't know how people can live like that or what the quality of life must be like, in a state of constant military action.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:45 AM   #179
Peterkro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
All of those that disagrees with how Israel is handling this ongoing conflict. please do a little more research. For almost 12 years now, there have been over 9,000 rockets launched into Israel by Palestine. This needs to stop. If the US was getting attacked the same way by Mexico or Canada, The US would have handled it a long time ago. Something I actually agree with president Obama, "If somebody was sending rockets into my house, where my two daughters sleep at night, Im going to do everything in my power to stop that, and I would expect Israelis to do the same thing. Seems to me Israel is getting tired of these attacks and are going to put a stop to it. I wish them the best.
Interesting view.Number of Israeli's killed by those around 9,000 rockets = 28.
Number of Palestinians killed by Israeli Military in that time = 5000 (in Gaza alone).
Obama is a hypocrite on the one hand OKing Israeli's aggression and condemning Palestinian resistance,on the other allowing CIA drone attacks in Pakistan and Yemen,killing,wounding and terrifying civilians.Maybe Pakistan should attack US bases in retaliation.
Peterkro is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:49 AM   #180
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterkro View Post
Number of Israeli's killed by those around 9,000 rockets = 28
Ain't for lack of effort.
kavika411 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:58 AM   #181
Happybunny
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Interesting view.Number of Israeli's killed by those around 9,000 rockets = 28.
Number of Palestinians killed by Israeli Military in that time = 5000 (in Gaza alone).
Obama is a hypocrite on the one hand OKing Israeli's aggression and condemning Palestinian resistance,on the other allowing CIA drone attacks in Pakistan and Yemen,killing,wounding and terrifying civilians.Maybe Pakistan should attack US bases in retaliation.
Maybe Pakistan should think about giving the Palestinians some of their nuclear weapons, that would level the playing fields in more ways than one.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:53 AM   #182
wrkactjob
Banned

Are there some Mossad types in Gaza dressed up as Hamas letting off typical Hamas home-made fireworks into Israel so Israel can justify responding with some of Lockheed Martins finest?

No of course not.
wrkactjob is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:57 AM   #183
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybunny View Post
Maybe Pakistan should think about giving the Palestinians some of their nuclear weapons, that would level the playing fields in more ways than one.
You really want to see WWIII?

Really?
thewitt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:05 AM   #184
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post

Really?
I think there are people on the justify-all-of-Palestine's-actions side who just want blood/revenge. I'd be interested to see a Venn diagram of people who want more so-called "proportionality" or "symmetry" in the Israel/Palestine conflict who nonetheless enjoy judging Americans - with regard to our death penalty and such - as wrongly blood/revenge thirsty.
kavika411 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:35 AM   #185
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Both Israel and Palestine been dead wrong for at least half a century. Israel has been abusing it's power and breaking the rules, while Palestine has been committing acts of terror regardless of any legit or not reason.
No, Hamas has been committing acts of terror. I'm tired of everyone, the media included, not making this distinction crystal clear.

Just like we went to war in Afghanistan and not with Afghanistan (supposedly).

@Kavika: some of us don't like violence or death, especially when individuals can simply be contained (in reference to the death penalty). What connection do you think there is between not wanting war (note that isn't justifying either sides actions in this conflict) and disliking the death penalty? Value of human life perhaps?
NT1440 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:43 AM   #186
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
@Kavika: some of us don't like violence or death, especially when individuals can simply be contained (in reference to the death penalty). What connection do you think there is between not wanting war (note that isn't justifying either sides actions in this conflict) and disliking the death penalty? Value of human life perhaps?
Interesting. I inquired about the nexus - if any - of Palestinian supporters who desire blood/revenge with those who judge disfavorably (sp?) America's use of the death penalty as nothing more than a desire for blood/revenge. You, however, rhetorically asked me to explain the nexus between being anti-war and anti-death penalty.

Neat trick, but think I'll pass.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:05 AM   #187
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040

Quote:
No, Hamas has been committing acts of terror. I'm tired of everyone, the media included, not making this distinction crystal clear.

Just like we went to war in Afghanistan and not with Afghanistan (supposedly).

I'm speaking in general, which is why I stated since at least half a century. Before Hamas was even formed, nearly the same conflicts between Israel and Palestine existed. This didn't start whith Hamas nor will it end with Hamas.

Also, how do make the distinction crystal clear? Do you speak for the people of Palestine. The media loves to seperate the people's views and the views of leaders as if the differ is always right from left.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:46 PM   #188
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
You really think Hamas would use nuclear weapons? Really?

Israel would have to very rapidly make peace if Hamas did have them, the current modus operandi wouldn't work (on either side).
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:16 PM   #189
Peterkro
macrumors 68020

Reports Israel has used white phosphorus today.
Peterkro is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:23 PM   #190
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
If true, its just as disgusting as when we used it live on TV during "shock and awe"
NT1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:25 PM   #191
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Got a link for that? I just google-news'ed that and found nothing. The only weapon I've found used by Israel today is pamphlets.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:32 PM   #192
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
All of those that disagrees with how Israel is handling this ongoing conflict. please do a little more research. For almost 12 years now, there have been over 9,000 rockets launched into Israel by Palestine. This needs to stop. If the US was getting attacked the same way by Mexico or Canada, The US would have handled it a long time ago.
The populations of Mexico and Canada are not living in a huge concentration camp, nor are their elected governments proscribed organisations.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:37 PM   #193
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
It's legal to use if you aren't using it on people/targets. So even if they were, you would also have to prove that they were using it for these purposes.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:42 PM   #194
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
It's legal to use if you aren't using it on people/targets. So even if they were, you would also have to prove that they were using it for these purposes.
Other than for terror campaigns, what "legitimate" use of white phosphorus is there?
NT1440 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:03 PM   #195
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Maybe, if you were in court. In real life you might have to come up with a better response.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:12 PM   #196
Peterkro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
You really will attempt to defend any type of outrage won't you?
Peterkro is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:23 PM   #197
wrkactjob
Banned

Gaza pounded despite truce talks with Israel in Cairo

"Yeah we are talking peace due to world pressure but up until that point ******* you and eat my Popeye missile!"
wrkactjob is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:29 PM   #198
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
All I know is Anderson Cooper needs to get the hell out of there! Their petty little arguments aren't worth the life of Anderson Cooper.
likemyorbs is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:20 PM   #199
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Other than for terror campaigns, what "legitimate" use of white phosphorus is there?
Smokescreens.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:25 PM   #200
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Smokescreens.
Uh, we've got plenty of other smokescreen weapons that aren't the equivalent of burning gel.
NT1440 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues