Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
Apple has 9 more days in the month to deliver iTunes 11, if they don't deliver again the web is going to have a field day on them.

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
I wonder what would be worse: delaying iTunes again or releasing it next week because they said they would but have some bugs in the software?

See this is the thing i quite don't understand, how do you show a functionally working version of iTunes 11 on September 12th, say it will be available in late October then wait till the last two days in the month to let everyone know it's not ready yet, delay it into November which is 2 months (48 business days M-F) later and still not have the final version ready to be released to the public yet? It's embarrassing and Mr. Ferrari Eddy Cue isn't doing a great job managing his division. :mad:

Last edited:

Dr. James

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
Ecuador
See this is the thing i quite don't understand, how do you show a functionally working version of iTunes 11 on September 12th, say it will be available in late October then wait till the last two days in the month to let everyone know it's not ready yet, delay it into November which is 2 months (48 business days M-F) later and still not have the final version ready to be released to the public yet? It's embarrassing and Mr. Ferrari Eddy Cue isn't doing a great job managing his division. :mad:

Someone already pointed out a similar thing with Maps. The Maps demo in the Keynote was probably planned in every step, so it wouldn't fail. The result? They launched it and everyone hates it, because it wasn't finished.

Now, the iTunes demo was probably planned in every step also, so it wouldn't crash or something similar. Knowing now what happened with Maps, I'm sure they don't want to repeat the same mistake again, so I bet they are re-testing every detail so it completely works.

But those are just my thoughts.

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
Someone already pointed out a similar thing with Maps. The Maps demo in the Keynote was probably planned in every step, so it wouldn't fail. The result? They launched it and everyone hates it, because it wasn't finished.

Now, the iTunes demo was probably planned in every step also, so it wouldn't crash or something similar. Knowing now what happened with Maps, I'm sure they don't want to repeat the same mistake again, so I bet they are re-testing every detail so it completely works.

I agree. It would make sense that they are running iTunes through the paces to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

The Keynotes would make perfect sense to be totally scripted in the workflow to guarantee no crashes, stalls, or anything else.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
I agree. It would make sense that they are running iTunes through the paces to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

The Keynotes would make perfect sense to be totally scripted in the workflow to guarantee no crashes, stalls, or anything else.

I have no doubt the keynote are scripted down to the click, albums being played, what song is added to the Up Next queue, etc.

I feel like the sync of movie/podcast/tv show positions could be giving them trouble, especially with the wonkiness we've seen in the past few weeks with iCloud's stability. That's a feature that seems like it could be the most sporadic and I'd bet they're really testing it hard.

Or I could be completely wrong and they want to launch a streaming service along with iTunes 11 but I think we would have seen something during the keynote.

----------

I wonder what would be worse: delaying iTunes again or releasing it next week because they said they would but have some bugs in the software?

Equally bad for the same reason: incompetence.

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
Or I could be completely wrong and they want to launch a streaming service along with iTunes 11 but I think we would have seen something during the keynote.

I would like a streaming service, personally, but I agree... they would have hinted about something like that during the keynote.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
wish they would at least tell us in advance if it is getting delayed again to december instead of leaving us hanging till the last day of the month than saying so.

Last edited:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
wouldnt it be strange if they released it this wednesday? I know its probably a 0% chance.. just saying. we saw a iOS update the week of thanksgiving before = iOS 4.2.. but than again did apple have the week off back then?

Last edited:

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
wouldnt it be strange if they released it this wednesday? I know its probably a 0% chance.. just saying. we saw a iOS update the week of thanksgiving before = iOS 4.2.. but than again did apple have the week off back then?

No, I believe they started it last year.

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago

That's completely different, the app works fine it's the mapping data that is server side that's out of order.

Last edited:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i feel that it has been delayed again because we have not heard any rumored release dates or any news for that matter about iTunes 11 since end of october from either apple or other sources. well besides what cultofmac.com said last week which turned out to be false.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
i feel that it has been delayed again because we have not heard any rumored release dates or any news for that matter about iTunes 11 since end of october from either apple or other sources. well besides what cultofmac.com said last week which turned out to be false.

i really hope not. Apple are gonna have a field day if they do

Psycna

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
There's only 10 days left... I think we'll see the new tag that says ''coming in december''. Again...

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
If iTunes 11 didn't look so damn nice and such an upgrade over the current old archaic iTunes app this wouldn't be such a painful wait

Also doesn't help I use iTunes so much

----------

There's only 10 days left... I think we'll see the new tag that says ''coming in december''. Again...

Likely

gluckett

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009

You obviously aren't in the software industry. You can be months from having a product that is ready to ship, but the demo guys can pull off enough smoke and mirrors if they know exactly what to do and not to do. You get the main demo points working well enough to show while you're still fixing the rest. Or the other possibility is they found an issue during final testing that is a no-ship issue, especially if the fix is not a simple one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.