Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

sirilogo.jpg
Apple is looking for interns fluent in a number of different languages to work on Siri internationalization, according to a job listing first spotted by Belgian site Apple Nieuws Vlaanderen (via 9to5Mac).

The job listing, for Cloud Services Engineering Interns, asks for interns native or fluent in Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Korean, Norwegian, and Swedish to work on "delivering Siri in different parts of the world." Languages where Siri is currently unavailable on that list include Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish.

joblisting.png
Siri is currently available in English (US, UK, Australia, Canada), Spanish (US, Spain, Mexico), Chinese (China-Mandarin, Hong Kong-Cantonese, Taiwan-Mandarin), French (France, Canada, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Japanese (Japan), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), and Korean (Korea).

Article Link: Apple Job Listing Suggests Siri Coming in 9 More Languages

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Je ne comprends pas vos questions. Laissez-moi examiner l'Internet pour assurer celui.

Ich verstehe nicht Ihre Fragen. Lassen Sie mich das Internet auf dem überprüfen.

私は質問を理解しない。 私をそれがあるようにインターネットを確認することを許可しなさい。

No entiendo sus preguntas. Déjeme controlar el Internet para saber si hay ése.

Zo, krijg ik de baan?

:D

apolkowski

macrumors regular
Joke

It sound like a joke. Danish, Finnish, Norwegian. Why not Polish and Russian? If you count all Danish, Finns, Swedes and Norwegians, you will have them as much as or less than Poles.How can you count on boosting markets if you ignore them? Releasing products without major functions causes consumers to turn back and look for alternatives.
Dear Apple, there IS a world outside of old EU, US or China. And this world is full of potential customers. Do not ignore them!

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
make it work in English.

I was wondering how long it would take for this to be posted. And while I think Siri does not work very well, you do know it is possible for Apple to work on fixing it in English while also expanding the language it supports at the same time, right?

DarkWinter

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012

I think they're aiming for the world's longest Beta.

Why WOULDN'T you expand Siri to OS X and across more languages before it actually works? :rolleyes:

I could swear it's worse now than it was on launch day. Or maybe I'm just becoming more incomprehensible.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I'm really sorry about this but I cannot take any job applications right now. Please try again later.

BeachChair

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It sound like a joke. Danish, Finnish, Norwegian. Why not Polish and Russian? If you count all Danish, Finns, Swedes and Norwegians, you will have them as much as or less than Poles.How can you count on boosting markets if you ignore them? Releasing products without major functions causes consumers to turn back and look for alternatives.
Dear Apple, there IS a world outside of old EU, US or China. And this world is full of potential customers. Do not ignore them!

Probably more Apple customers in Scandinavia than in either Russia or Poland.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.