Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
setting aside the mounting aspect...zerochroma has had a pretty versatile case/stand.

Hope the do one for the mini

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
How about this stand? I allows both iPad and iPhone to sit and charge at the same time. It's made of thick acrylic with a matte black surface. There are multiple charger cut-outs to allow various iPad / iPhone orientations.

It's very secure when using either iPad or iPhone, unlike some of the smaller center mount units on the market. I find it a great place to keep both during the day while at my desk or for overnight charging.

Attachments

• Photo on 11-21-12 at 10.23 AM.jpg
    Photo on 11-21-12 at 10.23 AM.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 134

hitek79

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I'm looking for something portable. I really like the one that ixbilaxli posted.

ixbilalxi

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
Check out the updates section. Many people already got their stands from the initial batch. They are ramping up production so you should probably just use the kickstarter to back the reward level you want now.

daytona

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Check out the updates section. Many people already got their stands from the initial batch. They are ramping up production so you should probably just use the kickstarter to back the reward level you want now.

Well, I guess I fall under the Dunce Group today. Searched for the "updates section" in this forum and came up with nothing. Any links?

Nervermind, I expanded my search to the "kickstarters" website and found it.

Last edited:

alexponential

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
It's cool, but how many people are actually going to be able to make use of the magnetic mount feature? Aside from what it showed with the car or the workout machine, most people don't have magnetic walls in their homes.

JohnFromLA

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
Boomerang for the iPad

I'm not sure it's going to make it to market though. The price isn't cheap, but it looks well thought out. Anyone know of anything similar in case this doesn't get funded?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/649000063/boomerang-first-ever-all-in-one-ipad-mount-and-sta

The project actually got funded a few days ago. I got one myself and I can't wait to check it out. I bought Vogel's Ringo a while ago and I must say it's pretty awkward to use. if this Boomerang lives up to the expectations I think this will be the best thing on the market. I spoke to the founder and he says they'll start delivering end of Jan

colshine

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
UK
The project actually got funded a few days ago. I got one myself and I can't wait to check it out. I bought Vogel's Ringo a while ago and I must say it's pretty awkward to use. if this Boomerang lives up to the expectations I think this will be the best thing on the market. I spoke to the founder and he says they'll start delivering end of Jan

Yeah, I've got one on order as well - looking forward to getting hold of it.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Back when I got my first-gen iPad, I explored various options for stands and at that time there weren't a whole lot out there yet. Now, of course, 4 iPad generations later there are, but in the meantime I am still perfectly happy with the inexpensive Gibson 3A Wire Display Stands that I bought at Amazon. You can get a pack of 4 of them for $15.29. They work a treat for standing the iPad in various positions and for having it either portrait orientation or landscape orientation. The iPad Mini fits on these, too. They work nicely for charging in addition to just having the iPad standing around at home or when traveling. They fold up easily for sticking into a travel bag, too. These come in black (looks great with the black iPad!) or white. Something to consider and a heckuva lot less expensive and just as convenient and often a lot more portable than many of the specially-designed iPad stands now on the market.

http://www.amazon.com/4-Pack-Gibson...qid=1355000935&sr=8-2&keywords=gibson+3a+wire

21qsqnKF32L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

uroscadez

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
It's not bad but basically it's like carrying a naked iPad and people aren't comfortable with doing that for a $500 device.

Hi there,

My name's Uros. I'm the creator of XVIDA's Boomerang and I can tell you I'm one of those who's extremely concerned about my iPad's well-being, which is one of the reasons I came up with The Boomerang. By far the most vulnerable thing on the iPad are it's corners. If it falls it's the first thing that will dent ..and that looks really ugly (to say the least, if you're lucky your iPad still works). And Boomerang protects the corners like few other accessories, because our custom designed corner pads are made of robust thick rubber that will absorb significant shocks...Furthermore Boomerang protects the back of the iPad and allows for the Smart Cover to take care of the screen.
Of course there are different tastes and it will not be to everyone's liking ... when production starts I'll do some drop tests to show we are serious about protecting our beloved iPads :)

best regards to all, Uros (XVIDA founder)

JohnFromLA

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
Boomerang

It's not bad but basically it's like carrying a naked iPad and people aren't comfortable with doing that for a $500 device.

Not sure I would agree-it says on their project site that it is compatible with Smart Cover and Boomerang offers additional protection for iPad's corners and back. But I have to wait till I get mine to see.

----------

It's cool, but how many people are actually going to be able to make use of the magnetic mount feature? Aside from what it showed with the car or the workout machine, most people don't have magnetic walls in their homes.

Yes, but it comes with a sticker that allows you to mount it on the wall, ceramic tiles, glass etc. I just watched their latest update and it seems to work really well:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...irst-ever-all-in-one-ipad-mount-and-sta/posts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.