Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
I keep seeing this update in my queue and at times I get very tempted to go ahead and hit update but something stays to me nahhhh...especially when I read people desire to go back to the old, but I'm not seeing those threads as much as I was when it was 6.0 so is 6.0.1 much better, worthy of letting go of 5.1.1?

I don't use maps on the ipad ever so thats not an issue, however I do bum around in youtube from time to time to catch old classic shows I forgot exsisted, so i may miss the convenience of having that app and its setup. Other than that do I have anything else to lose? What have your experience been since you left 5.1 do you regret it?

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
iOS 6 really feels more like iOS 5.2 to me. I suppose the addition of Siri is nice and if you are a heavy social media user the integrated Facebook and Twitter support is nice too.

Further there aren't any real changes for my feeling (besides Apple maps of course).

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I don't regret it all. If you use YouTube a lot, you can either add it to your Homescreen or use one of the many 3rd party YT apps. I've read that Jasmine is a pretty good alternative.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Ok thanks guys, its actually sounding like there no real major difference between the two other than Siri....Hmmm

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
iPad 3 5.1.1 jailbroken. I will never give up my jailbreak for any update.

Whoa whoa how in the world could I have overlooked this, I'm always relating JB to the iphone (had a jb iphone for years)...How is the jb community for ipad is it mature, or still evolving? Please tell me more..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.