Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ldb3

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
Im having the same issue with auto opening & closing with the red dot in Acrobat Pro, and have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. I have installed from CS5 installer, CS6, Installer, and Stand Alone Acrobat installer in both Acrobat Pro X, and XI. It all started when I installed CS6 the first time.

Im sure whatever damage is done was done then and an uninstaller isn't deleting the problem.

Any more suggestions? Ive been through this entire thread and tried it all.

Thanks,
LDB3

billdakelski

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
gave up

I gave up and reverted to v9, it is buggy too (patchs will not update), but at least it works

ldb3

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
OK, I had to Uninstall all copies of Acrobat Pro, Re-install with the stand alone XI intaller,(NOT CS5, or CS6), and select trial copy on install. From there, it auto recognized that I already had CS6 apps installed and did not ask for registration and not it works fine. For how long? Who knows?

LDB3

DoctorDiseno

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Don't pretend you are not using an illegal copy of it! Hahaha!

Hahaha! I had the same issue. Tried uninstalling-reinstalling AND changing then the "amtlib.framework" folder inside the app and it kept not working.

That was the problem.

I uninstalled-reinstalled again, BUT didn't change that folder. It now works perfect. And it doesn't need to be hacked to work!

Try it!

ldb3

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
illegal copy??? I'm appalled at such a outlandish accusation.

"
I uninstalled-reinstalled again, BUT didn't change that folder. It now works perfect. And it doesn't need to be hacked to work!"

I did the same thing and it worked with no signs of a trial copy, BUT.... 12ish days later I got a "You've got 2 days left on your trial copy" message. At that point, I swapped out the amtlib.framework folder again(after it had been working) now it works fine.

DoctorDiseno

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
i'm sorry, I didn't mean to accuse anybody.

It was just some kind of Woody's "If the boot fits you". Sorry if I offended anybody.

"
I uninstalled-reinstalled again, BUT didn't change that folder. It now works perfect. And it doesn't need to be hacked to work!"

I did the same thing and it worked with no signs of a trial copy, BUT.... 12ish days later I got a "You've got 2 days left on your trial copy" message. At that point, I swapped out the amtlib.framework folder again(after it had been working) now it works fine.

I will try your solution, because my Acrobat started to ask for Adobe ID log in. Thanks ldb3

aguamala

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
Adobe Reader

I realize this might not help in everyones situation, but try installing just acrobat Reader (free). It works if you double click, at least for me. If you need something more robust, then open it manually in Acrobat Pro, which I believe is more or less designed to create PDF's from scratch rather than markup and comment on them.

I agree though, that was frustrating.

brazilianhelper

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
Solution

Hi guys,

This problem occurs because there are still traces of previous versions of Acrobat Pro 9. You need to remove everything from previous versions and reinstall Acrobat Pro X. Can be sure will work.

Cya dudes,

ferahl

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
Have the same issue with Adobe XI, would be great if there was a solution without reinstalling my master suite

zoran

macrumors 601
Jun 30, 2005
Same issue here too. Pdf documents will not open automatically when they are created from Indesign etc. and they will not close, they only will by terminating Acrobat. Im on Yosemite using Acrobat X 10.1.16. has anyone managed to solve this issue?

bent christian

Suspended
Nov 5, 2015
Same issue here too. Pdf documents will not open automatically when they are created from Indesign etc. and they will not close, they only will by terminating Acrobat. Im on Yosemite using Acrobat X 10.1.16. has anyone managed to solve this issue?

Have you made sure that "View PDF after Exporting" is checked on export? (for auto-open)

I have seen this lock-up/crash scenario on my system at home in El Cap as well. I think Acrobat 11 works, but 10 was not designed for use with Yosemite and El Cap. I ended up uninstalling Acrobat completely and have been using Preview. I have access to Acrobat at work for the rare instance I might need the real thing. I pretty much only use these applications to view PDFs and occasionally mark up a credit card statement, so Preview works fine for my uses. Sadly, I don't think Adobe has released a fix for acrobat 10.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I have had the same issue with Photoshop. When I double click a Photoshop file, it launches Photoshop (the application) but Photoshop won't open the file unless I go to File>Open. Funny thing is, Illustrator works just fine. In fact all of the other CS applications work just fine for me, except Photoshop. I just thought it was a bug but if someone knows the answer to definitive's question, I too would also like to know.

No way! This happens to me on CS6 all the time in PS, and I thought it was just my machine giving me a hard time. It bugs me big time.

zoran

macrumors 601
Jun 30, 2005
Have you made sure that "View PDF after Exporting" is checked on export? (for auto-open)

I have seen this lock-up/crash scenario on my system at home in El Cap as well. I think Acrobat 11 works, but 10 was not designed for use with Yosemite and El Cap. I ended up uninstalling Acrobat completely and have been using Preview. I have access to Acrobat at work for the rare instance I might need the real thing. I pretty much only use these applications to view PDFs and occasionally mark up a credit card statement, so Preview works fine for my uses. Sadly, I don't think Adobe has released a fix for acrobat 10.

Thanx, well... "View PDF after Exporting" is checked on, so it is strange that it wont open. Also one more bug is the fact that files will not close when one will press the red button on the window, they close either by File/Close from the menu, or by shutting down Acrobat. Isn't there some fix for this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.