Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:30 PM   #76
spork183
macrumors 6502a
 
spork183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Best advice for the Republicans: change what you believe in.
Problem is I believe in parts of what they believe in.

I believe in being fiscally responsible, but I also believe in taking care of those who haven't had the same opportunities I have. I believe in God, but I also believe that a woman has the final choice about her body. I believe in government support for education, but I'm against forcing anyone to learn religion in the public school classroom. I believe gay marriage is a bigger part of couple's rights and shouldn't be restricted. If it is that offensive to God, He'll take care of it. I believe in the 10 commandments (Please naysayers, hold off on the "you're killing fetuses" arguments), but I don't believe that they have to be displayed in public places, elevating them above other ideologies.

Finally, the Republican Party would do well to embrace our growing immigrant population, rather than alienating them (no pun intended) with draconian restrictions on integration and voting.

And finally, Sheriff Joe Pa in Arizona: You may want to get closer to Latinos, but they have a hard time talking to you through those bars...

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...s-re-election/

Spleen vented.
__________________
"I'll buy almost anything if it's shiny and made by Apple..."
-Macbook Wheel Ad
spork183 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:05 AM   #77
Vanilla Ice
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalMac View Post
What is YOUR opinion of Republicans future? Explain WHY its either Doomed or be Resurrected?
Seems like a lot of Americans want more of a “Hipster” Type of President, than one that would actually lead America in the right direction. My thoughts of what the next Republican nominee needs to do for his/her 2016 campaign.

1. Thrive for a Bigger Government.
2. Give out more hand me downs to the lazy by using hard working American tax dollars to pay for it.
3. Ignore the real problems that are going on in America and focus on things like socialist healthcare.
4. Go on more late night talk shows.
5. Be more of a Celebrity- n- Chief.

On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up they’re sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I can’t wait to witness it.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by Vanilla Ice; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Vanilla Ice is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:38 AM   #78
spork183
macrumors 6502a
 
spork183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Seems like a lot of Americans want more of a ďHipsterĒ Type of President, than one that would actually lead America in the right direction. My thoughts of what the next Republican nominee needs to do for his/her 2016 campaign.

1. Thrive for a Bigger Government.
2. Give out more hand me downs to the lazy by using hard working American tax dollars to pay for it.
3. Ignore the real problems that are going on in America and focus on things like socialist healthcare.
4. Go on more late night talk shows.
5. Be more of a Celebrity- n- Chief.

On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up theyíre sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I canít wait to witness it.
Wait, I've seen that bottle before. You're drinking the kool-aid! Either that, or purple drank. Hard to tell those two apart...
__________________
"I'll buy almost anything if it's shiny and made by Apple..."
-Macbook Wheel Ad
spork183 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:22 AM   #79
VulchR
macrumors 68000
 
VulchR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
Obamacare, corporate welfare pawned off as a solution. Its like putting a rug over dog **** and then claiming the mess is cleaned up.
Agreed - a fully socialized system would have been the best solution, just like it is for schools, the armed forces, police, etc.

Obama should have simply re-tasked the US Public Health Service to actually provide ... public health services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
...
On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up they’re sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I can’t wait to witness it.
You can't be serious.
__________________
My first was a Mac+. Now I own an iPhone with 3.5x the pixels, a colour display, WiFi, 512x the RAM, >1500x the data storage, and 100x the speed. And it fits in the palm of my hand.
VulchR is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:10 AM   #80
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Seems like a lot of Americans want more of a “Hipster” Type of President, than one that would actually lead America in the right direction. My thoughts of what the next Republican nominee needs to do for his/her 2016 campaign.

1. Thrive for a Bigger Government.
2. Give out more hand me downs to the lazy by using hard working American tax dollars to pay for it.
3. Ignore the real problems that are going on in America and focus on things like socialist healthcare.
4. Go on more late night talk shows.
5. Be more of a Celebrity- n- Chief.

On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up they’re sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I can’t wait to witness it.
6) Continue to brainwash followers into believing 1-5 are the reasons they lost the election.



The GOP has 4 years to figure it out - and if people like you continue to dismiss the ACTUAL reasons why they lost, 2016 will NOT be a new ball game. You're acting like a spoiled kid who didn't get his way - insulting those who didn't vote for Romney isn't going to help get your point (if you have one) across.

And because it's so ridiculous, I'm going to call BS on your #3. Instead you would have your canditate focus on taking away the rights of women, homosexuals, minorities, etc...? Clearly, that's focusing on what's really important. It's apparent that you and so many others still believe that the "right direction" was the 1950's. Because that was the only direction Romney was headed in.
Moyank24 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:28 AM   #81
leekohler
Banned
 
leekohler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
6) Continue to brainwash followers into believing 1-5 are the reasons they lost the election.



The GOP has 4 years to figure it out - and if people like you continue to dismiss the ACTUAL reasons why they lost, 2016 will NOT be a new ball game. You're acting like a spoiled kid who didn't get his way - insulting those who didn't vote for Romney isn't going to help get your point (if you have one) across.

And because it's so ridiculous, I'm going to call BS on your #3. Instead you would have your canditate focus on taking away the rights of women, homosexuals, minorities, etc...? Clearly, that's focusing on what's really important. It's apparent that you and so many others still believe that the "right direction" was the 1950's. Because that was the only direction Romney was headed in.
You got it. Until they wake up and smell the coffee, they will lose more and more.
leekohler is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:42 PM   #82
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up theyíre sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I canít wait to witness it.
ROTFLMAO. Wow. Just wow. Something up their sleeves? They lost their butts just two weeks ago. Not enough time to come out of shock and denial, much less craft some master plan. But you go ahead and keep telling yourself that.

Amazing.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:18 PM   #83
zioxide
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up they’re sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I can’t wait to witness it.
Thumb resize.

You either choose to ignore or are just completely blind to the changing demographics of this country and the fact that the Republican's current "appeal to the white man" election strategy is no longer going to work as white men become the minority in this country.

Changing demographics lead most to believe that TEXAS will go blue within 3 or 4 Presidential elections unless there are major changes to the Republican party. Good luck winning the electoral college when the biggest red state is no longer red and those 38 electoral votes are going blue too.
zioxide is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:38 PM   #84
Prof.
macrumors 601
 
Prof.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up they’re sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I can’t wait to witness it.
That something is a latino candidate on the ticket to fix their "latino problem..."
__________________
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men for the nastiest of motives will somehow work for the benefit of all"
- John Maynard Keynes
Prof. is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:53 PM   #85
zioxide
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. View Post
That something is a latino candidate on the ticket to fix their "latino problem..."
Didn't Palin teach them that they can't just run out a candidate and expect people to vote for them based on their appearance?

The Democrats also have a few potential latino candidates who they could nominate. Good luck convincing the majority of the latino population that the Republican party has completely changed their positions on all of the major issues to them in just four years.
zioxide is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:44 PM   #86
NT1440
macrumors G3
 
NT1440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
Didn't Palin teach them that they can't just run out a candidate and expect people to vote for them based on their appearance?

The Democrats also have a few potential latino candidates who they could nominate. Good luck convincing the majority of the latino population that the Republican party has completely changed their positions on all of the major issues to them in just four years.
I don't think it will be that hard considering collectively the country has the political memory and concentration of a gnat.
NT1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:52 PM   #87
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020
 
Thomas Veil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
On a serious note, The Republican party is not doomed. The party and its leaders have something up theyíre sleeves. 2016 will be a new ball game and I canít wait to witness it.
Why does that sound familiar?

Oh yeah. We here in the northern half of Ohio have been hearing stuff like that since 1999. The Cleveland Browns were going to become an elite team -- just as soon as we got Al Lerner as an owner...then Tim Couch as quarterback...then Randy Lerner as owner...then Butch Davis as coach...then Brady Quinn as quarterback...then Romeo Crennel as coach...then Colt McCoy as quarterback...then Mike Holmgren as president...then...........
Thomas Veil is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:38 PM   #88
NickZac
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
ROTFLMAO. Wow. Just wow. Something up their sleeves? They lost their butts just two weeks ago. Not enough time to come out of shock and denial, much less craft some master plan. But you go ahead and keep telling yourself that.

Amazing.
I think they do...I mean, they have to. That something up their sleeves IMO will be moving away from the moral majority because younger conservatives currently refuse to support republicans. The republican counter to the Dream Act is a pretty moderate compromise. Hopefully in regards to things like immigration and gay marriage they take a moderate stance and concentrate on things like defending the 2nd Amendment, limiting government spending, and taxes.
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in ENGLISH, thank a Veteran.
NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:39 PM   #89
spork183
macrumors 6502a
 
spork183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
I don't think it will be that hard considering collectively the country has the political memory and concentration of a gnat.
I take umbrage with that. Gnats have far more political concentration and memory than the average voter. Republican's just need this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnDRrwcbTE
__________________
"I'll buy almost anything if it's shiny and made by Apple..."
-Macbook Wheel Ad
spork183 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:32 PM   #90
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020
 
APlotdevice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
Didn't Palin teach them that they can't just run out a candidate and expect people to vote for them based on their appearance?

The Democrats also have a few potential latino candidates who they could nominate. Good luck convincing the majority of the latino population that the Republican party has completely changed their positions on all of the major issues to them in just four years.
I kinda doubt that a Latino candidate would make it through a Republican primary anyway.
__________________
Pebble SmartWatch - iPhone 5c - 11" Macbook Air '13 - TV - HTPC - Numerous Consoles
There is something deeply wrong with a society more offended by breasts than by entrails.
APlotdevice is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:42 PM   #91
dscuber9000
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by APlotdevice View Post
I kinda doubt that a Latino candidate would make it through a Republican primary anyway.
Not the way the Tea Party invades those elections. The Republican Party really needs to deal with those people.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" (Mid-2009) 2.26GHz | 320GB, 7200RPM | 4GB RAM
16GB iPhone 4S
dscuber9000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:34 PM   #92
Vanilla Ice
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
6) Continue to brainwash followers into believing 1-5 are the reasons they lost the election.



The GOP has 4 years to figure it out - and if people like you continue to dismiss the ACTUAL reasons why they lost, 2016 will NOT be a new ball game. You're acting like a spoiled kid who didn't get his way - insulting those who didn't vote for Romney isn't going to help get your point (if you have one) across.

And because it's so ridiculous, I'm going to call BS on your #3. Instead you would have your candidate focus on taking away the rights of women, homosexuals, minorities, etc...? Clearly, that's focusing on what's really important. It's apparent that you and so many others still believe that the "right direction" was the 1950's. Because that was the only direction Romney was headed in.

Good riddance. To make it clear to some of you that quoted me. Im not brain washed by the Republican Party. I made no excuses to a Romney loss. As far as Obama winning by a land slide, I wouldn’t go too far with that theory. Swing states vote numbers, Obama’s 22,731,920 to Romney’s 21,011,214 popular vote. Those numbers are very close. Moyank24, How am acting like a spoiled kid? I didn’t insult anyone who voted for Obama. It seems to me you don’t want me to state my opinion because I voted for the other candidate Yes Obama won the women’s vote. Obama also won 60% of Latinos and 95% of African Americans votes. Most of them I’m sure really don’t know what Obama has done during his 4 years in office. IMO they voted manly due to race then who’s actually fit for the job. Eh, 4 years will come and go. I think everyone needs to start paying attention to a Republican Senator named Rand Paul. I know I will.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Vanilla Ice is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:05 AM   #93
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
Thumb resize.

You either choose to ignore or are just completely blind to the changing demographics of this country and the fact that the Republican's current "appeal to the white man" election strategy is no longer going to work as white men become the minority in this country.

Changing demographics lead most to believe that TEXAS will go blue within 3 or 4 Presidential elections unless there are major changes to the Republican party. Good luck winning the electoral college when the biggest red state is no longer red and those 38 electoral votes are going blue too.
Yup..and Arizona is on the bubble too. As more and more states turn blue, what will they do? It's not like new states are turning red these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac View Post
I think they do...I mean, they have to. That something up their sleeves IMO will be moving away from the moral majority because younger conservatives currently refuse to support republicans. The republican counter to the Dream Act is a pretty moderate compromise. Hopefully in regards to things like immigration and gay marriage they take a moderate stance and concentrate on things like defending the 2nd Amendment, limiting government spending, and taxes.
Again, with only two weeks since the loss, it's much too soon to have some sort of plan. You can tell from the language they use that they REALLY thought they were going to win this thing. They weren't paying attention to poll numbers, weren't looking at the ground game correctly, and as they often do, were living in their own world. That's not to say they won't try and come up with something. But not yet. They need to get over the shock still and regroup and that takes time.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:48 AM   #94
leekohler
Banned
 
leekohler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Good riddance. To make it clear to some of you that quoted me. Im not brain washed by the Republican Party. I made no excuses to a Romney loss. As far as Obama winning by a land slide, I wouldnít go too far with that theory. Swing states vote numbers, Obamaís 22,731,920 to Romneyís 21,011,214 popular vote. Those numbers are very close. Moyank24, How am acting like a spoiled kid? I didnít insult anyone who voted for Obama. It seems to me you donít want me to state my opinion because I voted for the other candidate Yes Obama won the womenís vote. Obama also won 60% of Latinos and 95% of African Americans votes. Most of them Iím sure really donít know what Obama has done during his 4 years in office. IMO they voted manly due to race then whoís actually fit for the job. Eh, 4 years will come and go. I think everyone needs to start paying attention to a Republican Senator named Rand Paul. I know I will.
I can speak for my own family in Ohio. My parents have always been hardcore Republican. But they also have a gay son. My parents called me on election day to say they voted for Obama, because the GOP stance on gay rights was something they could not deal with.

Now, you may say the election was close, but these are the very things that will continue to cost the GOP votes. People are done with the GOP getting into people's bedrooms.

Get the GOP off the their moral high horse, and they might win.
leekohler is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:35 AM   #95
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Good riddance. To make it clear to some of you that quoted me. Im not brain washed by the Republican Party
If you don't want people to believe you are brain washed, I suggest you stop spouting the same tired, party line. Romney sounded like a spoiled, sore loser when he blamed the loss on the fact that Obama was promising free stuff. And here you are parroting it.

Quote:
It seems to me you don’t want me to state my opinion because I voted for the other candidate
I have absolutely no problem with you stating your opinion, no matter who you voted for. I was pointing out that if you and the rest of the GOP continue to make excuses for why the election is lost, nothing is ever going to change.

Quote:
Obama also won 60% of Latinos and 95% of African Americans votes. Most of them I’m sure really don’t know what Obama has done during his 4 years in office.
This is either incredibly insulting or completely ignorant. You choose. And inexplicably written right after stating you didn't insult anyone who voted for Obama. You are saying that the only reason Obama won was because everyone who voted for him was uninformed.

I could say the same for the 99.99% of white people who voted for Romney. It's obvious they voted for him because he wasn't black and not because of the plans he had for the next 4 years (frankly, does anyone really know what his plan was??). And all joking aside, I would argue that every woman who voted for that ticket was misinformed.

I said this to Dime, and I'll say it to you. You can continue insulting the people who voted for Obama - and saying that Obama won because the minorities who voted for him were blindly loyal and misinformed is insulting - or you can step back and try to figure out how the GOP has managed to alienate everyone except for white men.

The GOP could have run a female, latina, lesbian candidate on the same Platform and I wouldn't have voted for her just because - The vote may have been closer, but this election was lost because the platform and beliefs of the GOP are antiquated, sexist, and homophobic - not because Obama was promising free stuff for minorities. And until they realize this, nothing will change.

It's easy to say that your guy lost because the electorate was racist and uneducated, but it is grossly ignorant. It seems that you would rather make excuses than learn from a loss that truly should have been a win for the GOP.

Last edited by Moyank24; Nov 21, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
Moyank24 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:57 AM   #96
skunk
macrumors Demi-God
 
skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Republic of Ukistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Yes Obama won the womenís vote. Obama also won 60% of Latinos and 95% of African Americans votes. Most of them Iím sure really donít know what Obama has done during his 4 years in office.
If they were white males they'd have been making properly informed choices.
__________________
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
skunk is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:37 PM   #97
Vanilla Ice
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
I can speak for my own family in Ohio. My parents have always been hardcore Republican. But they also have a gay son. My parents called me on election day to say they voted for Obama, because the GOP stance on gay rights was something they could not deal with.

Now, you may say the election was close, but these are the very things that will continue to cost the GOP votes. People are done with the GOP getting into people's bedrooms.

Get the GOP off the their moral high horse, and they might win.
I semi agree with you about the gay rights issue. IMO Against it or not, Republicans should leave it to the people to decide. Instead of making homosexuals look like something thatís not of this earth. The only thing I have a problem with is the mainstream media that make good Republican Senators, Congressman or Governors that oppose gay marriage and make them look like horrible people to help the Democratic vote. Back in 08í when Obama was running, he opposed gay marriage and never got heat from the media.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
If you don't want people to believe you are brain washed, I suggest you stop spouting the same tired, party line. Romney sounded like a spoiled, sore loser when he blamed t he loss on the fact that Obama was promising free stuff. And here you are parroting it.
I have absolutely no problem with you stating your opinion, no matter who you voted for. I was pointing out that if you and the rest of the GOP continue to make excuses for why the election is lost, nothing is ever going to change.
This is either incredibly insulting or completely ignorant. You choose. And inexplicably written right after stating you didn't insult anyone who voted for Obama. You are saying that the only reason Obama won was because everyone who voted for him was uninformed.
I could say the same for the 99.99% of white people who voted for Romney. It's obvious they voted for him because he wasn't black and not because of the plans he had for the next 4 years (frankly, does anyone really know what his plan was??). And all joking aside, I would argue that every woman who voted for that ticket was misinformed.
I said this to Dime, and I'll say it to you. You can continue insulting the people who voted for Obama - and saying that Obama won because the minorities who voted for him were blindly loyal and misinformed is insulting - or you can step back and try to figure out how the GOP has managed to alienate everyone except for white men.
The GOP could have run a female, latina, lesbian candidate on the same Platform and I wouldn't have voted for her just because - The vote may have been closer, but this election was lost because the platform and beliefs of the GOP are antiquated, sexist, and homophobic - not because Obama was promising free stuff for minorities. And until they realize this, nothing will change.
It's easy to say that your guy lost because the electorate was racist and uneducated, but it is grossly ignorant. It seems that you would rather make excuses than learn from a loss that truly should have been a win for the GOP.
Howard Stern, Jay Leno and other talk show stars hit the streets and ask people who they were voting for and why. The majority that choose President Obama had not a clue about him. They didnít even know who the Vice president was. People in my work force, some in my family and friends that claim to of voted for Obama only know about the killing of Bin Laden. I mean really? What else? I understand the Obama voters here on this forum are more up to par with Obamaís accomplishments and fails. My points are not mainly towards you guys. I must say youíre the first that I heard about Romney stating ďhe loss on the fact that Obama was promising free stuff. ď Good for Romney if he feels that way. Like I said before, Iím not making cry baby excuses of why he lost. Numbers donít lie. 95% of African Americans voted for Obama and itís mainly due to race. 95% is HUGE! Same with the 60% Hispanic votes. It hurt Romney big time. This is going to be part of what the GOP agenda. How do we gain those votes? 2016 is going to be different. I wish Obama the best since he is my president and I do support him. If he has just as bad of a 2nd term like his first, the left wonít win 2016.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Vanilla Ice is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:49 PM   #98
iJohnHenry
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: On tenterhooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
Howard Stern, Jay Leno and other talk show stars hit the streets and ask people who they were voting for and why. The majority that choose President Obama had not a clue about him.
THIS is the basis for your statement? Segments edited for 'entertainment value?

Good grief.

Comedy Central has better stuff, called The Colbert Report and The Daily Show.
iJohnHenry is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:52 PM   #99
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
The only thing I have a problem with is the mainstream media that make good Republican Senators, Congressman or Governors that oppose gay marriage and make them look like horrible people to help the Democratic vote. Back in 08’ when Obama was running, he opposed gay marriage and never got heat from the media
You're confusing "opposing" gay marriage and creating laws in an effort to restrict our rights. I don't care about his personal feelings towards the subject, I care about what he's done for us. Obama promised to repeal DADT. Done. He promised to stop defending DOMA. Done.

You can disagree with something without having to make it illegal. The Republicans could learn a thing or two....



Quote:
Howard Stern, Jay Leno and other talk show stars hit the streets and ask people who they were voting for and why. The majority that choose President Obama had not a clue about him. They didn’t even know who the Vice president was. People in my work force, some in my family and friends that claim to of voted for Obama only know about the killing of Bin Laden.
Wow. Howard Stern, Jay Leno and other talk show stars street interviews are your source now??

We can all come up with anecdotal evidence about how ignorant the electorate is. I would question the intelligence of any woman who voted Romney/Ryan....

Quote:
Numbers don’t lie. 95% of African Americans voted for Obama and it’s mainly due to race. Same with the 60% Hispanic votes.
And what percentage of those who voted for Romney were white men? Can we also assume that they only voted for him because of race?

The GOP has alienated minorities - this is a fact you can't deny. As you said, numbers don't lie. Do you really believe that if (Insert White Man) was running in Obama's place - no change in policy or platform - that Romney would have won?
Moyank24 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:44 PM   #100
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
I semi agree with you about the gay rights issue. IMO Against it or not, Republicans should leave it to the people to decide. Instead of making homosexuals look like something that’s not of this earth. The only thing I have a problem with is the mainstream media that make good Republican Senators, Congressman or Governors that oppose gay marriage and make them look like horrible people to help the Democratic vote.
When someone goes out of their way to oppose someone's equal human rights, as many of these Senators, Congressmen or Governors that you mention do, they ARE horrible people. And that goes for anyone reading this who votes against other people's equal rights too. If you do that, then you are horrible too. People's equality should not be something that even needs to be in question.

Quote:
Back in 08’ when Obama was running, he opposed gay marriage and never got heat from the media.
Partially because everyone knew that he really didn't oppose gay marriage, but also he did get some heat for the inconsistency. His one Romney-like disingenuous flip flop in order to be more appealing to voters. It's something in hindsight, that he did not have to do. But I guess at the time he thought he did.

Quote:
I wish Obama the best since he is my president and I do support him. If he has just as bad of a 2nd term like his first, the left won’t win 2016.
What bad first term? Your definition of "bad" is very strange. Turning around the economy from what it was is not bad. Reversing a discriminatory (and costly) practice like DADT is not bad. Getting Osama Bin Laden is not bad. And despite what you think now, making sure that everyone has insurance will ultimately prove out to not be a bad thing either. If every other industrialized western country can do it, so can we.

And he's still doing good things. So much for the notion that he is not a friend to Israel.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The conservative crackup: How the Republican Party lost its mind jnpy!$4g3cwk Politics, Religion, Social Issues 177 Sep 18, 2013 02:39 AM
Will Republican party survive? PracticalMac Politics, Religion, Social Issues 111 Dec 24, 2012 02:21 AM
Being Anti-Abortion undermining Republican party? PracticalMac Politics, Religion, Social Issues 46 Nov 19, 2012 05:35 PM
Retired Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson On Republican Party: My Party Is Full Of Racists Coleman2010 Politics, Religion, Social Issues 93 Oct 31, 2012 03:54 PM
Posted on Facebook by the Republican Party of Virgina Coleman2010 Wasteland 98 Sep 26, 2012 03:50 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC