Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tapdawg

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
No luck in Riverside, CA area even after soft and hard restarts on my grandfathered 4S.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Oh please no! Now it's going to be slower because of everyone using this. I usually don't mind it being slow, but if it gets much slower than it already is, then it's just annoying.

Ihatefall

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Facetime Faied "Connect to a Wi-Fi network to use FaceTime".
iPhone4 running 5.1.1. Palo Alto, CA

iOS 5 doesn't support that, you'd have to upgrade. But you're on 5.1.1 just jailbreak it and get facebreak or MIFi and then you can take the limiter off of everything wifi restricted

tracyj

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
i don't have it either after hard and soft resets. iPhone 5 with unlimited. in Atlanta

:(

Ihatefall

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Not working for me. iPhone 5, https://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/21/att-seems-to-be-extending-facetime-over-cellular-to-all-customers/

Just worked for two iPhone 5 with unlimited plans for us Boston, area (south coast area on 4G) . Had to do a hard reset. iOS 6.0

FolVike

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
Working here in Sacramento. IPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, ye olde AT&T 200mb $15 a month plan. Just turned phone off/on and Facetime switch was enabled.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Works for both mine and my wife's iPhone 5 near Sacramento, CA. Both on grandfathered unlimited plan. Nice job AT&T!

Could this just be a Thanksgiving weekend courtesy?

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Well looky here, seems like AT&T finally did something to the benefit of their customers for a change. Now if they can only give us truly unlimited data WITHOUT throttling.....

Ihatefall

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Working here in Sacramento. IPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, ye olde AT&T 200mb $15 a month plan. Just turned phone off/on and Facetime switch was enabled.
Becareful, one 2-3 minute FaceTime call is 30MB I believe. (Look up the original facebreak video)

Marcus PM

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
Not here

Not working for me in Seattle on a grandfathered 4S OS 6.0.1
Tried a herd reset too. Gave me a message to Call.

Ihatefall

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Well looky here, seems like AT&T finally did something to the benefit of their customers for a change. Now if they can only give us truly unlimited data WITHOUT throttling.....

Every time I get throttled I call and complain. Sometimes I get credited for the data $30! I suggest everyone call everytime they get throttled

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Becareful, one 2-3 minute FaceTime call is 30MB I believe. (Look up the original facebreak video)

AT&T does not count facetime cellular use towards your data plan. Just like MMS. Currently, that is how it works with their mobile share plans and that is how it will work once it is rolled out to all users.

This however does not apply if you facetime over cellular using a jailbroken method. Then it WILL count towards data for those on tiered plans.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Works for me with my IP5 on Grandfathered unlimited plan from Fresno, CA.

I turned off my WiFi and at home and was able to facetime call the wife just fine)

Also my wifes IP5 on regular I think $20 data plan works as well.

Thanks AT&T for finally getting your head out your ass on not screwing the people who have been around forever!

kybldmstr

macrumors demi-god
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
No go for me. iPhone 4S, 3GB data, Plan billed in New Orleans yet currently in Milwaukee. Both have LTE. Tried hard reset, no luck.

----------

AT&T does not count facetime cellular use towards your data plan. Just like MMS. Currently, that is how it works with their mobile share plans and that is how it will work once it is rolled out to all users.

This however does not apply if you facetime over cellular using a jailbroken method. Then it WILL count towards data for those on tiered plans.

Confirm this?

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
No go for me. iPhone 4S, 3GB data, Plan billed in New Orleans yet currently in Milwaukee. Both have LTE. Tried hard reset, no luck.

----------

Confirm this?

Just ask anyone with a mobile share plan. My partner works for the company so he let me know. I had no idea it works just like mms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.