Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It may have been said but I wonder if FB will write in their TOS that they have rights to your content if you use this service. Another bad idea imo.

azz0r

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
Does anyone really want this feature? I was horrified when G+ sync'd my images automatically and its a ghost town.

Doing this on Facebook will scare the crap out of me.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
I won't be using this. It will:
  • destroy battery life
  • use unnecessary data which costs me money
  • I don't get any control about when/where it happens
  • Hell, I probably don't even know when it happens
  • gives Facebook access (+/- ownership ;) ) to ALL my photos, not only the ones I have consented to.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Facebook is slowly rolling out a new Photo Sync feature to its iOS users that automatically uploads all photos taken on the iPhone...

What including the ones when I got drunk and naked and fancied a go on that young pony in the field that time?...

No thanks Facebook!

Phew! my secret was nearly out then....

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
I was horrified when G+ sync'd my images automatically

That's weird. The Google+ app never did any such thing on my iPhone (automatically, that is - the option is available if I wanted to use it).

izyreal

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
USA
I am happy that Facebook is trying to continue inovating with regard to user experience, but this is a BAD idea! No thank you!

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Facebook is slowly rolling out a new Photo Sync feature to its iOS users that automatically uploads all photos taken on the iPhone to a private photo album on Facebook. The idea is to make it easier and faster for users to share photos with their friends.

TechCrunch has more on how it works:
Facebook's support site has much more about Photo Sync, as well. Facebook is using background uploads within the Facebook iOS app to move the photos, not anything special with location APIs or Apple's iOS 6 Facebook integration.

The app is very clear that all photos uploaded automatically are marked as private and cannot be viewed by others until specifically shared by the user. Users get 2 GB of complimentary photo storage.

Article Link: Facebook Rolling Out New iOS Photo Sync Feature

So, Facebook wants our dick pics?

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Facebook is Apple's friend. Their young CEO looked up to Steve and wants to be just like him. Facebook and Apple can make lots of money together. Facebook knows how to monetize identity and to make users give up personal information. Apple knows how to take money from its partners. It is a marriage made in heaven.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Facebook is Apple's friend. Their young CEO looked up to Steve and wants to be just like him. Facebook and Apple can make lots of money together. Facebook knows how to monetize identity and to make users give up personal information. Apple knows how to take money from its partners. It is a marriage made in heaven.

Facebook and Apple hit a roadblock a few years ago under Jobs. HP TouchPad and iOS 4.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yup, disabling this feature as well.

So, Facebook wants our dick pics?

Sounds like it. Storing them for later in case any of it's users become famous or run for political office.

My pictures are my pictures. If I want any of them uploaded to facebooks servers to be made public, I'll do so under my own will.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
What's the point of going to the social networking site with no people.

As if Google has any better reputation than Facebook when it comes to privacy?

Or...you could just not social network? Phones do have text messaging, picture messaging and email. So you can either put up with Facebook since everyone knows they dont care, you can mosey over to Google+ or you could just go outside and do something, click the "I do not want to participate or use this feature" or similar named area and get on with your life. :)

rsnapeuk

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2011
No thank you. Like I'm going to trust Facebook with all my photos. Sure they're 'Private' for now, until they change their T&C's.

mountainbiker80

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2007
Hell no!

So I take pictures today, for personal use...and FB decides to "update" their "security" settings next month and all of a sudden all my pics become public? NO WAY! I've already been burned by FB security setting changes twice. Not going to play the fool a 3rd time.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Prediction #1 There are going to be some painfully embarrassing photos on facebook!

Prediction #2 Some couples are going to end up divorced because of the auto upload

Prediction #3 Some people will lose their jobs because of the the auto upload

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.