Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to a post on the MacRumors Forums, Apple is asking record labels to submit pictures and galleries of their artists to iTunes for use in iTunes 11's new Music Store layout.

NewImage32.png
This email was sent to artists by German music distribution service Feiyr. iTunes 11 was delayed at the end of last month and is supposed to ship by the end of November.

Article Link: Artists Being Asked to Prepare for iTunes 11 Launch in "Next Days"

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Well they have 7 days to stay within their "by the end of November" release date.

I am guessing next Wednesday.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
As long as it is NOT like the UI disaster called iPad Music app and retains the list view, I will be more than happy to oblige.

p.s.: When is iTMS music available in lossless format? It's about time.

Last edited:

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
So roughly a week? Seems kind of a slim timeline to upload all those artist photos, let alone to submit a bundle to apple for uploading.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
To quote Biden (and completely undermine what he was talking about) "This is a big ****ing deal".

Lets hope Apple got this right, the last thing they need with all this momentum is another Map sized media frenzy disaster.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I cant wait!

But I will...

I won’t touch any major version, of any software I rely on, from any company, at first release. Mass public release is always a far bigger test than any prior test could be. I want the benefit of those fixes! Or at least, to feel safe that none are needed. iTunes 11 looks terrific but I will leave it to the guinea pigs for at least 2 weeks.

I didn’t fully appreciate iTunes 11 from pictures, until I watched the keynote: it’s simple to use (as it should be, finally) but not dumbed down! The power I need is still there.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
The response was not from Apple but this other company so it could be purely speculation on their part. They also said "the next days" NOT "next few days" Petty I know but we shouldn't make this out to more than it is.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I cant wait!

But I will...

I won’t touch any major version, of any software I rely on, from any company, at first release. Mass public release is always a far bigger test than any prior test could be. I want the benefit of those fixes! Or at least, to feel safe that none are needed. iTunes 11 looks terrific but I will leave it to the guinea pigs for at least 2 weeks.

I didn’t fully appreciate iTunes 11 from pictures, until I watched the keynote: it’s simple to use (as it should be, finally) but not dumbed down! The power I need is still there.

Hopefully you are right about the "not dumbed down" part...

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
But but.. will it work on my 10.5.8 PowerBook G4 ? :(

Considering iTunes 10 still does, I almost wouldn't be surprised. But maybe not if they've actually undertaken a significant rewrite instead of bloat-adding this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.