Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SerefAFC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."

Attachments

• mac apple.png
    mac apple.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,598

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
good enough evidence for me. It surely does make sense on Apple's part to at least tell people that it'll be available on Friday so people can prepare their Black Friday budgets accordingly.

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."

I would think this Friday too. Because they have the BF banner underneath the new iMacs. And it's not on every product page. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

BTW, your image is not readable. But thanks for the info.

MagicThief83

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
NYC
This Friday's a must!!!

http://store.apple.com/us_epp_134396/browse/holiday/shopping_event

Apple has to release the new iMac this Friday. As the ad states, "there's something for everyone, including you." There are many that want/need new iMacs, and if Apple doesn't release this Friday, then they're misleading folks. What do you guys think?

----------

My bad, it's the main store page, and the not original link I provided. See below:

http://store.apple.com/us

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
http://store.apple.com/us_epp_134396/browse/holiday/shopping_event

Apple has to release the new iMac this Friday. As the ad states, "there's something for everyone, including you." There are many that want/need new iMacs, and if Apple doesn't release this Friday, then they're misleading folks. What do you guys think?

----------

My bad, it's the main store page, and the not original link I provided. See below:

http://store.apple.com/us

I wouldn't read anything special in that message. They're not misleading folks - 'something for everyone' doesn't necessarily mean something you want or need. You want an iMac? Here's something else for you!

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
could be they come on friday, but the sales rep comment feels to me just as much as a the advertisement. THat you should check in, we have some sale and advise you to buy a lot of stuff... :) but we shall see.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Hmm, I can't say I agree.

She's just being told that she needs to advertise the day.

But I guess this could be why they pointlessly upped the price; so that it would come back down close to the original price come Black Friday.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
I've called to Apple 30min ago and the boy told me the same: call me on Friday, there are gonna be "surprises" hahahahaha

HurtinMinorKey

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2012
It would be epic fail for them to not have iMacs available for the entire holiday shopping season. So if it's not Friday, someone is getting fired.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Guess, if the imacs are available on Friday, do you think they will have the low end imac with 16gb in store?

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
It would be epic fail for them to not have iMacs available for the entire holiday shopping season. So if it's not Friday, someone is getting fired.

Could be next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...

Why would they fire the person? They said November. Not "by the third week of November". There are 9 days left in November by my count. No one is getting fired.

Besides, you're still going to buy one no matter when they come out, so what's the problem?

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007

Why would they fire the person? They said November. Not "by the third week of November". There are 9 days left in November by my count. No one is getting fired.

Besides, you're still going to buy one no matter when they come out, so what's the problem?

good points

HurtinMinorKey

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2012

Because a lot of holiday shopping is done on Friday. It's be a violation of retail 101.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Because a lot of holiday shopping is done on Friday. It's be a violation of retail 101.

Oh, yes... the "norm" that Apple follows so often.

Give me a break. You'll all be checking the Apple Store web site 24/7 until it's released, and you'll buy it no matter how angry you are at the release schedule.

Why would Apple be worried?

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Oh, yes... the "norm" that Apple follows so often.

Give me a break. You'll all be checking the Apple Store web site 24/7 until it's released, and you'll buy it no matter how angry you are at the release schedule.

Why would Apple be worried?

Because we're crazy frikies with a lot of free time! :mad: weeee-wanttt-the-iMac!

skyenet

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
Because we're crazy frikies with a lot of free time! :mad: weeee-wanttt-the-iMac!

Can't believe the amount of time I have wasted scouring for the latest info on 2012 iMacs during the past year. Come across some other interesting stuff but for the most it has been wasted hours and hours on the forums :(

Hopefully I will have my new iMac soon and then can get on with my life :rolleyes:

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I usually rely on online chat logs from sales people communicating in malformed English sentences for my proof.

"We should know any day now for when they will available to order"

sdo1982

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
North Vancouver
My old man called his local apple store in the UK, all he manages to get was "Dunno"
My friend at the big Apple reseller here in BC is still saying they are expecting limited stock by the 27th

So I can confirm I know nothing more than anyone else :p

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Can't believe the amount of time I have wasted scouring for the latest info on 2012 iMacs during the past year. Come across some other interesting stuff but for the most it has been wasted hours and hours on the forums :(

Hopefully I will have my new iMac soon and then can get on with my life :rolleyes:

That! :D

The wait will be over soon!

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010

I agree!!!!!!!!

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012

Couldn't say it better.
I recall the days when I waited for the d7000 from Nikon.
I read every tidbit on the camera, I was very active in Nikon fourm, and when the camera finally arrived ( one of the best buys I have ever did) I completely left ALL fourms or sites about it and as you said moved on with my life.
I really want to end this never ending wait.
I am sure apple want to finish with this fiasco as well.

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
My old man called his local apple store in the UK, all he manages to get was "Dunno"
My friend at the big Apple reseller here in BC is still saying they are expecting limited stock by the 27th

So I can confirm I know nothing more than anyone else :p

I'm interested in the 27" version. I'd be happy to place my pre-order and get in the queue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.