Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:00 AM   #1
SerefAFC
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Hint that iMac's will be available this Friday?

Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mac apple.png
Views:	2466
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	378826  
SerefAFC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 AM   #2
clunkmess
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
good enough evidence for me. It surely does make sense on Apple's part to at least tell people that it'll be available on Friday so people can prepare their Black Friday budgets accordingly.
clunkmess is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:28 AM   #3
mazakii
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerefAFC View Post
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."

I would think this Friday too. Because they have the BF banner underneath the new iMacs. And it's not on every product page. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

BTW, your image is not readable. But thanks for the info.
mazakii is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:50 AM   #4
MagicThief83
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC
This Friday's a must!!!

http://store.apple.com/us_epp_134396...shopping_event

Apple has to release the new iMac this Friday. As the ad states, "there's something for everyone, including you." There are many that want/need new iMacs, and if Apple doesn't release this Friday, then they're misleading folks. What do you guys think?

----------

My bad, it's the main store page, and the not original link I provided. See below:

http://store.apple.com/us
__________________
MBA (2012, 11", 2.0GHz dual-core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD)
iPad (3rd Generation, 64GB, Black, Wi-Fi only)
iPhone 5 (64GB, Black, AT&T)
MagicThief83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Fantola
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Århus, Denmark
I think both models would be available to order same day.
27" (Ships 3-4 Weeks)
21" (1-3 Days)
Fantola is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:13 PM   #6
JustMartin
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicThief83 View Post
http://store.apple.com/us_epp_134396...shopping_event

Apple has to release the new iMac this Friday. As the ad states, "there's something for everyone, including you." There are many that want/need new iMacs, and if Apple doesn't release this Friday, then they're misleading folks. What do you guys think?

----------

My bad, it's the main store page, and the not original link I provided. See below:

http://store.apple.com/us
I wouldn't read anything special in that message. They're not misleading folks - 'something for everyone' doesn't necessarily mean something you want or need. You want an iMac? Here's something else for you!
JustMartin is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:16 PM   #7
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816
 
iMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
could be they come on friday, but the sales rep comment feels to me just as much as a the advertisement. THat you should check in, we have some sale and advise you to buy a lot of stuff... but we shall see.
__________________
27" iMac Retina | 13" MacBook Air - 2013 | iPhone 6 | iPad Air 2 ...etc
iMcLovin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Siderz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, UK
Hmm, I can't say I agree.

She's just being told that she needs to advertise the day.

But I guess this could be why they pointlessly upped the price; so that it would come back down close to the original price come Black Friday.
__________________
focus
Siderz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:22 PM   #9
MacMiguel
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I've called to Apple 30min ago and the boy told me the same: call me on Friday, there are gonna be "surprises" hahahahaha
MacMiguel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:24 PM   #10
HurtinMinorKey
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
It would be epic fail for them to not have iMacs available for the entire holiday shopping season. So if it's not Friday, someone is getting fired.
HurtinMinorKey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Mic2904
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Guess, if the imacs are available on Friday, do you think they will have the low end imac with 16gb in store?
Mic2904 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:28 PM   #12
comatose81
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
It would be epic fail for them to not have iMacs available for the entire holiday shopping season. So if it's not Friday, someone is getting fired.
Could be next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...

Why would they fire the person? They said November. Not "by the third week of November". There are 9 days left in November by my count. No one is getting fired.

Besides, you're still going to buy one no matter when they come out, so what's the problem?
comatose81 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:35 PM   #13
xgman
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose81 View Post
Could be next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...

Why would they fire the person? They said November. Not "by the third week of November". There are 9 days left in November by my count. No one is getting fired.

Besides, you're still going to buy one no matter when they come out, so what's the problem?

good points
__________________
{2014 27" r-imac-4.0i7-295x-32gb ram-1TBSSD+External TB enclosure>Samsung840evo ssd + Segate Enterprise 5TB-UAD Apollo/Marantz/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins Sound-Impulse 61}
{ipads}{iphones}{LG G3}
xgman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:43 PM   #14
HurtinMinorKey
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose81 View Post
Could be next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...

Why would they fire the person? They said November. Not "by the third week of November". There are 9 days left in November by my count. No one is getting fired.

Besides, you're still going to buy one no matter when they come out, so what's the problem?
Because a lot of holiday shopping is done on Friday. It's be a violation of retail 101.
HurtinMinorKey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:52 PM   #15
comatose81
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
Because a lot of holiday shopping is done on Friday. It's be a violation of retail 101.
Oh, yes... the "norm" that Apple follows so often.

Give me a break. You'll all be checking the Apple Store web site 24/7 until it's released, and you'll buy it no matter how angry you are at the release schedule.

Why would Apple be worried?
comatose81 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:59 PM   #16
MacMiguel
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose81 View Post
Oh, yes... the "norm" that Apple follows so often.

Give me a break. You'll all be checking the Apple Store web site 24/7 until it's released, and you'll buy it no matter how angry you are at the release schedule.

Why would Apple be worried?
Because we're crazy frikies with a lot of free time! weeee-wanttt-the-iMac!
MacMiguel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:03 PM   #17
skyenet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Near Glasgow - Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMiguel View Post
Because we're crazy frikies with a lot of free time! weeee-wanttt-the-iMac!
Can't believe the amount of time I have wasted scouring for the latest info on 2012 iMacs during the past year. Come across some other interesting stuff but for the most it has been wasted hours and hours on the forums

Hopefully I will have my new iMac soon and then can get on with my life
__________________
 2012 iMac 3.4GHz i7 27"  2012 MacBook Pro Retina 2.3Ghz i7  2011 2.3 GHz Mac Mini  2009 iMac 3.06 GHz 27"  2007 iMac 2.8GHz 24"  iPhone 5  Apple TV 2nd & 3rd Gen  iPads 1st & 3rd Gen
skyenet is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:03 PM   #18
JustMartin
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
Because a lot of holiday shopping is done on Friday. It's be a violation of retail 101.
So what percentage of iMacs are usually bought for the holidays and on Black Friday in particular?
JustMartin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:10 PM   #19
uptownnyc
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I usually rely on online chat logs from sales people communicating in malformed English sentences for my proof.

"We should know any day now for when they will available to order"
uptownnyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:10 PM   #20
HurtinMinorKey
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMartin View Post
So what percentage of iMacs are usually bought for the holidays and on Black Friday in particular?
No iMac update has ever been released later than Black Friday and before New Year.
HurtinMinorKey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:10 PM   #21
sdo1982
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Vancouver
My old man called his local apple store in the UK, all he manages to get was "Dunno"
My friend at the big Apple reseller here in BC is still saying they are expecting limited stock by the 27th

So I can confirm I know nothing more than anyone else
sdo1982 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:21 PM   #22
garrize
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyenet View Post
Can't believe the amount of time I have wasted scouring for the latest info on 2012 iMacs during the past year. Come across some other interesting stuff but for the most it has been wasted hours and hours on the forums

Hopefully I will have my new iMac soon and then can get on with my life
That!

The wait will be over soon!
__________________
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz i7, 24 GB RAM, 3TB fusion, 680MX
iPhone 4S 32GB
iPad 2 16GB
iBook G4 30GB (Late 2004)
garrize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:48 PM   #23
Johnf1285
macrumors 6502a
 
Johnf1285's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyenet View Post
Can't believe the amount of time I have wasted scouring for the latest info on 2012 iMacs during the past year. Come across some other interesting stuff but for the most it has been wasted hours and hours on the forums

Hopefully I will have my new iMac soon and then can get on with my life

I agree!!!!!!!!
Johnf1285 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyenet View Post
Can't believe the amount of time I have wasted scouring for the latest info on 2012 iMacs during the past year. Come across some other interesting stuff but for the most it has been wasted hours and hours on the forums

Hopefully I will have my new iMac soon and then can get on with my life
Couldn't say it better.
I recall the days when I waited for the d7000 from Nikon.
I read every tidbit on the camera, I was very active in Nikon fourm, and when the camera finally arrived ( one of the best buys I have ever did) I completely left ALL fourms or sites about it and as you said moved on with my life.
I really want to end this never ending wait.
I am sure apple want to finish with this fiasco as well.
Overg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:28 PM   #25
BriMercer
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdo1982 View Post
My old man called his local apple store in the UK, all he manages to get was "Dunno"
My friend at the big Apple reseller here in BC is still saying they are expecting limited stock by the 27th

So I can confirm I know nothing more than anyone else
I'm interested in the 27" version. I'd be happy to place my pre-order and get in the queue.
BriMercer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boot Camp Files Hint at New Mac Pro and iMac Models [Updated] MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 170 Nov 1, 2012 11:40 AM
Just a quick question about the UPDATE to the Boot Camp Files Hint about a new iMac nicklaz0r iMac 1 Aug 12, 2012 07:37 PM
Boot Camp Files Hint at New Mac Pro and iMac Models nicklaz0r iMac 1 Aug 9, 2012 06:36 PM
iMac 2012 GPU Hint ? Malone1878 iMac 11 Aug 9, 2012 02:03 PM
Will GM hint at upcoming iMac refresh? shatteringlass OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 2 Jun 24, 2012 08:50 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC