Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Iphone4sinwhite
macrumors 6502

iTunes - Automatically get CD info?

I have some DVDs with burned CDs on them. When I import them into iTunes under the name category the artist & song title appear together and they are grouped into a category of unknown artist. The CDs are sold through iTunes so they have the data. Is there a way for iTunes to automatically populate the data and organize the songs like those which I have purchased from iTunes?

Right clicking and selecting "Get album artwork" doesn't do anything.

Right clicking and selecting "Get track names" provides the following error message: "iTunes cannot get CD track names for songs that were not imported using iTunes.
To allow iTunes to look for CD track names for this song, import the song again using iTunes."
I imported the music with File>Add to library. Is this not importing using iTunes?

Is there anything else I can do besides typing it all in manually?
Iphone4sinwhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store