Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Online retailer MacMall has kicked off their 60 hour Black Friday sale just now. The sale runs until midnight on Friday. Traditionally, 3rd party retailers have offered better discounts than Apple once sales tax is taken into account. MacRumors is an affiliate partner of MacMall.

Their full sale list covers both new and previous generation products. We've pulled out the current-generation products of interest and their respective discounts:

Click on prices to link directly to product.​
Discounts on the MacBook Airs are notable for a percentage of their total price, while the 15" Retina MacBook Pros have the largest dollar amount in savings.

When looking for the cheapest price, it's good to know which retailers charge sales tax automatically. MacMall charges sales tax in California, Illinois, New York, Tennessee, Minnesota, Georgia, North Carolina and Wisconsin.

We expect to see additional Black Friday sales at Apple's online store though that doesn't kick in until Black Friday itself. We will also cover other sales and discounts. Please send in any notable Apple-related sales.

Article Link: MacMall Kicks off Black Friday 2012 Sale on Macs, iPods and iPads

JamesInLA

macrumors member
May 28, 2012
Midnight Friday

They really might ought to be more specific than "midnight Friday," as that would be Thursday night, which probably isn't what they have in mind.

8ate8

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2010
Central Jersey
They really might ought to be more specific than "midnight Friday," as that would be Thursday night, which probably isn't what they have in mind.

Which is why retailers usually mention 12:01AM or 11:59PM when referring to midnight so that they can state the intended day, in order to prevent this sort of confusion.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
not impressed

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 660

thepowerofnone

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
old iMac model? Am I the only one who thinks it wouldn't be a surprise to see Apple launch it on Black Friday (albeit maybe without a discount)? Apple must be crazy to NOT launch it by then given a) the sheer scale of the potential takings on Black Friday and b) that they have to launch it by the end of the month and Friday 23rd is starting to cut it fine?

My only gripe is now a load of soccer mums are going to be buying little Timmy a new Mac, soaking up an already limited supply, with no idea just how long many people have been waiting for the iMac upgrade because they actually need the performance.

I am running an '08 entry spec Macbook with integrated graphics and I am trying to run finite element analysis, numerical analysis, CAD and Final Cut on it. Watching paint dry is comparatively interesting. Come on Apple! I NEEED this!!

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand
Those sales are good if you happen to need an Apple product at this time. But they definetely don't justify you running out to get the latest product

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
I am running an '08 entry spec Macbook with integrated graphics and I am trying to run finite element analysis, numerical analysis, CAD and Final Cut on it. Watching paint dry is comparatively interesting. Come on Apple! I NEEED this!!

What field of work are you in ?

Generally, people that use those programs don't need all of them.

AutoCAD and final cut ?

Sounds like you must be pretty smart yet you made an awful choice for a work machine a few years ago.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Best Buy Online ran a special this morning with the 32gb iPads at $50 off plus a $75 gift card. But I guess that was the 3rd gen model...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Best Buy Online ran a special this morning with the 32gb iPads at $50 off plus a $75 gift card. But I guess that was the 3rd gen model...

Those were 3rd generation iPads, so not as great a deal as it seemed.

arn

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
You cannot possibly expect Apple to release a new version of a product and then immediately discount it on Black Friday.

Right, like how they're discounting the iPad4 and 13" Retina MBP. ;)

I think you may have meant that the new iMac HASN'T been released yet. Still, and too long in 'coming soon' status.

thaifood

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Right, like how they're discounting the iPad4 and 13" Retina MBP. ;)

I think you may have meant that the new iMac HASN'T been released yet. Still, and too long in 'coming soon' status.

No, I meant that they wouldn't launch the iMac on Thanksgiving or Black Friday and immediately mark it down. The re-design will sell itself without a sale price on it.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I can't stand MacMall. They always seemed to have had an attitude when asked simple questions. I once had them leave me hanging on their online chat for 45 MINUTES before I decided to just pull the plug and take my business elsewhere (Apple.com). Not interested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.