Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Buck Banzai
macrumors newbie

iTunes 10.7 keeps opening itself

Hi guys!

my problem is just as the subject says!
Itunes keeps opening itself

I tried everything but can't get around this. NOTE: didn't have ituneshelpper to open at login in the first place.
First i tried deleting itunes preference files - didn't work
Tried removing every app i could think of that could be interfering with iTunes - didn't work
Tried to trash ituneshelpper app from itunes package contents - nothing changed
At this time i think i had itunes 10.7 installed for a while i.e. i think it wasn't since upgrading that this problem began
then i tried uninstalling iTunes and do a fresh install - kept opening itself at login and periodically if i closed it
tired removing itunes preference files again to no success
tried to remove itunes helper at this time because it appeared at login items - no luck! even tough i removed it from login items several times it kept appearing there and even at exhaust (a login items app) all this after trashed the itunesHelper from itunes package contents again!!

At this time decided to re-install Lion again form HD recovery drive!
After this iTunes stopped opening at login only to find that i had to install the latest version (10.7) because the library was created by a newer version and as such it wouldn't open!!
after updating iTunes it started all over again!!!

And now for a little side problem - might mouse center and side buttons stopped working as well as secondary button!!! can't get around that also!!!

Help, please!!!

i'm running lion 10.7.5

Sorry fort the long post and thanks!!!
Buck Banzai is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion