Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I'm kind of excited about the addition of Playstation Plus to the Vita next week.

I haven't played Uncharted yet. It will be nice to be able to download it and play it as part of my Plus account.

You and me both, I will be picking up Uncharted, Wipeout and Jetset. Excellent time to be a Vita owner. I already got a backlog and planning on getting free games.

Note: Sine Mora is out on the 20th :D

Bless

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
You and me both, I will be picking up Uncharted, Wipeout and Jetset. Excellent time to be a Vita owner. I already got a backlog and planning on getting free games.

Note: Sine Mora is out on the 20th :D

Bless

I already have Wipeout & Uncharted, but I'm considering trading them in, and putting the money towards another memory card for future downloads. My 16GB is nearly full already.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
I already have Wipeout & Uncharted, but I'm considering trading them in, and putting the money towards another memory card for future downloads. My 16GB is nearly full already.
Hey thats a good idea actually. Trade in Wipeout and Uncharted, get a 32GB card and then buy PS+ and re-download them.
I too am stuck with the 16GB from launch because Sony had to take care of other territories first.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
The Vita System software was updated to 2.0 tonight.

Cloud storage (for plus members) and wifi data transfer are working. And you can set your e-mail up on the Vita now if you really wanted to. The web browser is also improved if you use it.

The Plus Instant Game Collection should be available with the store update on Tuesday.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Downloaded 2.0, can't find any time settings for Plus updates+cloud uploads! Can't even find out how much room my cloud saves are taking up. It all seems very hands-off at the moment.

Near seems improved but it's still confusing as all hell.

Haven't noticed any other differences. The interface needs so many little improvements, I don't like how segmented it is too. Apps like messaging, friends, trophies... they should always be running in the background (as they don't affect game performance) or start up instantly. They'll get there no doubt.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
We need a serious GUI overhaul....

I want them to overhaul the interface.

Drop the horrible circular app icons and introduce a standard grid.

Allow me to add a wallpaper and not have to painfully do it per screen, where ven if I select the same wallpaper on all screens it insists on fading in and out the wallpaper on each screen.

Change the multitasking panel, its ugly and cheap looking.

And allow me to adjust the volume up at least 2 x as high because he Vita is way too quiet.

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
I really want a Vita. But the fact that is has nogaems is bothering me.

Can you download previous PSP titles on the thing?

But to be honest, I might just pick one up because of Persona.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

It has the best version of Little Big Planet and Wipeout, a jolly good Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 2+3 updated ports, Assassins Creed 3 Liberation, Rayman Origin, Disgaea 3 updated port, Super Stardust Delta, Gravity Rush, When Viking's Attack.

And plays almost all PSP games, all PS1, PS Mobile and PS Minis. My 32gb card is almost full :(.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed

I think you mean games not appealing to you. I've had my vita from launch and to tell you the truth its getting harder to keep up since August. Yes some PSP games can be played on the vita as well as PS1 games.

That line goes down the PS family brand I guess because everything PlayStation gets that label.

"Fill in a Sony console here" haz no gaemz..

Bless

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
I think you mean games not appealing to you.

Yeah you're right. Tbh, The Vita didn't excite me as much as the PSP.

But I'll be giving the Vita a shot and I'll be ordering one this weekend. (Saw one on Amazon for around 160~)

But I do love using the "sony consoles has nogaems" excuse whenever I can :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If your just wanting the big name games to be played on the couch, then I think the wii U offers some serious competition to the vita. I don't use my Vita outside of the home, if I don't get a glut of new titles in the new year (e3 last year was a vita wasteland) and if I enjoy the Wii u, I can foresee my vita being sold off after I've finished Persona 4...

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I just bought the iPad mini. Now Persona 4 Golden is out, and I know I can't live without it. I chose the iPad since I figured I "needed" a tablet. Vita I'd only buy for fun (or rather only for P4G)... but which one is more important in the end, fun or useful?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Thanks to Playstation Plus I now know how good Gravity Rush is! Didn't enjoy it at E3, but with the context of story and being able to hear the incredible soundtrack, I've been pulled in :).

Not so impressed with Uncharted though. Seems a lot more like the original (which I wasn't keen on) rather than its sequels.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Oh cool.

Also, how is Metal Gear Solid 3 on the Vita? After playing Metal Gear Solid 3D on the 3DS, I'm kinda weary about playing a Metal Gear title on a portable.

It's spot on. Plays flawlessly.

That being said...I've put my Vita on eBay. Sadly, it just wasn't for me.

I would've kept it for the sake of it, but having over £400 worth of hardware and software collecting dust less then a year after purchase is a little depressing.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Persona 4 = same game as PS2 version with few new additions and rough areas are looking a bit prettier.

I wish they made the game a little 'easier' to get into on Vita. The game takes a good 3 hours before it really starts kicking into place (given you'll be playing this 60-100 hours)...

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
Well I got the Black Ops Vita bundle along with Persona 4.

Black Ops was pretty trashy on the Vita. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

P4G is purtty nice though.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Persona 4 = same game as PS2 version with few new additions and rough areas are looking a bit prettier.

I wish they made the game a little 'easier' to get into on Vita. The game takes a good 3 hours before it really starts kicking into place (given you'll be playing this 60-100 hours)...

Honestly, that's par for the course for Atlus games. They care more about storytelling than gameplay. I kinda wish they'd hurry up with a new Persona, while I loved Catherine, I'm like a die hard Persona fangirl.

I picked up Ragnarok Odyssey, it feels strongly like a spiritual successor to Monster Hunter, which makes me kinda happy since there are no plans to import in any of the newer Monster Hunters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.