Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1
konsoul
macrumors newbie

Setting up wireless network with no internet

Hi Guys,

Bit of a novice when it comes to this subject matter, I think I understand it and then when I try to implement things it doesn't work.

The Aim: Is to have a wireless network that will allow me to share/view files from my iMac or my external HD on a PS3.

The Equipment: PS3 (2nd gen), iMac 27" late 2009 8gb RAM, Wireless router, 2 ethernet cables, Western Digital 1TB USB 3 HD.

It's important to not that I don't have an internet connection here so it'd be a case of setting up a netwrok through the router I guess.

Can somebody please point me in the right way to set this up as ideally I'd like to have an ethernet cable running direct from the mac to the PS3 to stream video files rather than using the wide acclaimed PS3 Media Server (it is my understanding that this would remove the buffering problem I've heard people get using PS3MS).

Please help if you can. Thanks!
konsoul is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help