Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
perhaps since ive is now leading the design division, this yet unreleased bit of software is being tweaked some more before its release

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
perhaps since ive is now leading the design division, this yet unreleased bit of software is being tweaked some more before its release

they have had since october to tweak the software so it should be ready by now :rolleyes: they are still waiting till the very last minute to release it!

party

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Hong Kong
Cover Flow's gone?

My only problem with iTunes is how laggy the Cover Flow was (I loved it but it was just too laggy) and how they sort things. For example:

The A song is written by William Will/Adam Adams. The composer will be William Will/Adam Adams instead of William Will and Adam Adams. In my albums most of the songs are written by multiple composers and there will be a lot of different composers. The composer's names are not separated person by person. Anyone knows if it's fixed in iTunes 11?

Also, I don't really like how we are forced to look at the songs in one view option only. I hated cover flow but the Cover/list view was pretty nice and I liked how we can sort the songs by time, year, name etc. I'm soooooo glad they have opted out Cover Flow though.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
95% chance the banner next week will change to coming in december :mad:

There was a 95% chance when they changed the banner to 'November' that that would mean a release right before the end of November. Therefore the likelihood of it still coming out this month is still practically the same as it was at the beginning of the month.

stek

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Hi, Im musician and label owner,
Now i receive email news from my music distributor:

In few days - release of iTunes 11
Artists pages now have pictures and photo galleries!

Attachments

• ?????.png
    ?????.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,708

Psycna

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
''which is about to be released within next days''

Don't ***** with us Apple! just give us more specific info. Just give us a release day. After all the waiting, we deserve that.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Cover Flow's gone?

My only problem with iTunes is how laggy the Cover Flow was (I loved it but it was just too laggy) and how they sort things. For example:

The A song is written by William Will/Adam Adams. The composer will be William Will/Adam Adams instead of William Will and Adam Adams. In my albums most of the songs are written by multiple composers and there will be a lot of different composers. The composer's names are not separated person by person. Anyone knows if it's fixed in iTunes 11?

Also, I don't really like how we are forced to look at the songs in one view option only. I hated cover flow but the Cover/list view was pretty nice and I liked how we can sort the songs by time, year, name etc. I'm soooooo glad they have opted out Cover Flow though.

Why would you assume cover flow is gone? They never said that was no longer a view option. I hope it's still around. That is one of the few things I liked about the current iTunes.

Last edited:

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
then we must first wait for the complete profiles, and then release them? or and what they can do after?

I assume these pictures that bands can upload will be for the gallery that's within your music library. Seems like unnecessary bloat to me, if I wanted to see what the band was up to I'd follow them on Instagram or Twitter.

I don't know what it is about the iTunes team but they sure do love adding features that sound neat but get no use in the real world. Ping, iTunes DJ, Genius, Cover Flow, drop down arrows on songs I already own to take me to the iTunes store.... all bloat.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I assume these pictures that bands can upload will be for the gallery that's within your music library. Seems like unnecessary bloat to me, if I wanted to see what the band was up to I'd follow them on Instagram or Twitter.

I don't know what it is about the iTunes team but they sure do love adding features that sound neat but get no use in the real world. Ping, iTunes DJ, Genius, Cover Flow, drop down arrows on songs I already own to take me to the iTunes store.... all bloat.

Speak for yourself. I think this is awesome way to follow your artists, right where it matters: where you listen to and organize your music.

This is correcting a problem with Ping that was a completely separate from iTunes but clumsily bolted in. By including the social elements right in the artists page of iTunes, you can follow their new photos and concert dates while you listen to the music in your library.

If you don't like it, turn it off. The photos need to be clicked on to view.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Speak for yourself. I think this is awesome way to follow your artists, right where it matters: where you listen to and organize your music.

This is correcting a problem with Ping that was a completely separate from iTunes but clumsily bolted in. By including the social elements right in the artists page of iTunes, you can follow their new photos and concert dates while you listen to the music in your library.

Concert dates I agree with, very awesome feature.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I liked the premise of Ping, but totally not the way it was implemented.

A lot of people follow their fav artists on Twitter but it was never intended for storing files like music, photos and videos. The seizure inducing MySpace became the go to place for artists but with the rise of Facebook, people moved away and it became as non mainstream a place like Soundcloud or other music services.

It was a wonder that iTunes hadn't done this themselves. With Ping, they attempted to fill this hole but failed by making it a self contained service that you had to sign up for and go to . It had hooks into iTunes, but it was not a part of it. iTunes 11 fixes this. It does away with Ping but brings in its best features, this time built right in. You can still follow your artists by going to the list of artists in iTunes.

Right now there are photos, but I have no doubt that Apple will eventually hook Twitter feeds and music samples in there as well. Artists like Deadmau5 like to share what they're currently working on. Adding in a menu with uploaded songs that fans can listen to for free would be picked up quickly by a lot of musicians.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦

pictures should be pulled from a facebook wall or twit pic API then, not some mundane image uploader which for the majority of bands will go untouched or unupdated

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
pictures should be pulled from a facebook wall or twit pic API then, not some mundane image uploader which for the majority of bands will go untouched or unupdated

I agree. Why not just let artists link to their existing social media profiles? Very few are actually going to go around and update 3-4 different sites every time they post something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.