Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Elvis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Any idea how to rectify this problem? Twitter for Mac is saying Private Account on timeline and mentions so won't load tweets.:confused:

Edit: Just did a search on Twitter and it seems quite a few in the same boat today. Bad times.

Mac Elvis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Uninstalled the app and deleted all Twitter related files. Then reinstalled and got this message

The operation can’t be completed because the item “https_twitter.com_0.localstorage” is in use.

when trying to empty trash? Any ideas?

EDIT: Shut down MBA and rebooted. Trash now empty. Re-installed Mac app but still saying Private account. Very poort this Twitter, very poor.

EDIT: When I checked it Finder a preference file under documents keeps re-appearing after deletion. Any idea why this would happen?

Last edited:

Mac Elvis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Re-installed a 3rd time and its now working. Very weird as it seems to have affected a number of users.

bitshiftcop

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I've solved this by removing the twitter app from the Applications folder.
And then in ~/Library (the library folder in your home folder) do a search for "twitter" and remove everything related to the app. like com.twitter in preferences folder, caches folder, ...

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Looks like its related to advance security. Sign out of the Twitter app (via the Twitter app) then sign back in resolved it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.