Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Also mine is white. I thought about black, but was afraid of wear and tear after awhile and then the silver showing through. I have seen some other people saying some of the finishes wear and then the aluminum shows through.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Also mine is white. I thought about black, but was afraid of wear and tear after awhile and then the silver showing through. I have seen some other people saying some of the finishes wear and then the aluminum shows through.

I just thought the silver would look better on the white. I have a black one coming too for my black phone. I'm not worrying about wear, I take pretty good care of my stuff.

BoomstickMafia

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
Poor packaging

Ok, I get why several have harped on the packaging now.

Not that the box even matters to me, it's just that you'd expect a little more (ok, a lot more) from a box for a luxury case.

My thoughts:

The box is surrounded by a paper sleeve. And here's why. Because the box that contains the S5 is a repurposed, unused Vapor Pro box. They wrapped the box with a black sticker to cover it up, but on the inside, they couldn't use a black sticker because they printed the S5 info on a white sticker and here is where you can see through the sticker and notice that the box was for a Vapor Pro. So I peeled back the sticker on the bottom and sure enough, there is an image of the Vapor Pro as well.

In addition, the transit case is also a hand-me-down. I'm sure it is the same transit case they have used for all other cases. Only problem is how much bigger the iPhone 5 is. The S5 does fit in it, but one should NOT have to manipulate the zipper to get it to close. It's such a tight fit, I feel like the zipper could very easily scratch the aluminum frame that is the Sector 5 - not cool, not cool at all.

Ok, my rant is over. The best news is that the case looks awesome. It's just a shame for the price point of the S5 that they repurposed the box and transit case.

I also must say that I have applied the ultra suede back plate and I like it far better than I ever thought I would. That said, it's coming off as soon as they rectify the CF. :cool:

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Sorry. iPad picture will have to do for now. Slr battery is dead

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 250

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
My bony for the silver just took a huge leap down.. I'm disappointed.

Can I change my order or that's not possible ?

To FE

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011

To FE
it never hurts to call and ask. Probably not though because they probably sold out their allotment for now.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Can I request pictures of the white iPhone with the FE edition ? Thanks.

Btw just noticed. The SE has the "FLUX" finish aswell. Just to clarify.

Last edited:

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
The FE and the SE gun metal is the SAME finish and color....only difference is transparent plastic,silver aluminium button and SE don't have a engraved logo inside of the case

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
The FE and the SE gun metal is the SAME finish and color....only difference is transparent plastic,silver aluminium button and SE don't have a engraved logo inside of the case

What ?
only difference is transparent plastic,silver aluminium button
?????

Do you mean the power button?

And no, its not the same color obviously.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009

To FE

I don't think it's the silver. it's just that this case doesn't look good on white iphones, period.

It's that monolithic uniformity of the black screen that works well combined with the case.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I don't think it's the silver. it's just that this case doesn't look good on white iphones, period.

It's that monolithic uniformity of the black screen that works well combined with the case.

Iam not sure. You are right, in a way, but then again I really liked the way the FE looked on the art description. Its more blue-ish there. Over at the unboxing videos and the screenshots all I can see is gray.

But I have changed my mind. Im going FE for my white iPhone. Wonder if Elements can solve this for me. My shipping isnt until the 26th so I hope they can/will sort it out.

As I stated before: If anyone here has pictures or personal screenshots of either the FE edition or the Silver one in sticky mode with the white iPhone, please ascend.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Can shure 215 plug fit in?
I believe this was answered 2 pages back .

https://www.elementcase.com/Sector-5-First-Edition-iPhone-5-Case-p/api5-1016-xx11.htm?trk_msg=MFV3SFPU2FV4LE3TF5P1E7RMBK&trk_contact=6A2DLLS37DG38NKEG345H8EKPG

If you guys look at the above link the FE looks pretty neat with the white iPhone.

I need personal pics of the FE matched with the white iPhone(sorry , I feel very disturbing)

Last edited:

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
I was not impressed either with the silver pic. Maybe I should have got the black case for the white phone. Anyone have clearer pics with white iphone. Silver or black?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I was not impressed either with the silver pic. Maybe I should have got the black case for the white phone. Anyone have clearer pics with white iphone. Silver or black?

I don't think neither the black nor grey works with the white.
The problem lies within the transition by the white and silver. I thought they would blend in better...
My bets are on the FE.

BUT the pictures we've seen so far for that is a little false marketing . The FE clearly shows a mere blue color , rather than the grey which it is IRL.

I'm in huge doubt. I think we , owners of the white iPhone should come to a conclusion .

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Well I got the white iphone specifically because of the black iPhones chipping problem. Many friends of mine who have black iPhones look like crap. The edges just start to show wear after little use. The phone should not have to be kept like a national treasure to stay nice. Just from setting it down it wears on edges and silver shows. But back to the white. Maybe it's the blue wraps that is the culprit. Can you get any better pics? I have had black bumpers on my white iphone that looked well, but wanted the silver to al blend together.

Hadi1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Depends on how far you are in. Preorders closed on the 16th. So not for a while if you order now

has the pre-orders for 16 been shipped yet? Anyone can confirm when they made their orders and when it was shipped?
I really hope i can get mine by Xmas :rolleyes:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Wow! I think it looks freaking awesome bro! The silver with the silver Button and blue wrap look really really sweet!

The silver button in combination with the case was the only thing that looked good. But adding the case and the blue wraps make it look awful.

Taste is like the ass. Cracked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.