Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
You might be right looks like no flight to EWR till tomorrow.

So i called FedEx they said its still in customs and could clear soon,
if it does then the guy told me Delivered tomorrow.
IF not then back to Friday.

I think it will be leaving around 5 or 6 pm to EWR, just
need to get that FedEx flight number.

well it might go to PHL and be trucked up to you or EWR and trucked down to me. FedEx seems to do it both ways

if it will clear customs soon and can get on an early evening flight to EWR or PHL, we are good to go in getting it tomorrow

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
well it might go to PHL and be trucked up to you or EWR and trucked down to me. FedEx seems to do it both ways

if it will clear customs soon and can get on an early evening flight to EWR or PHL, we are good to go in getting it tomorrow

yeah that possible its happened in the past.

It cleared customs and Nov 20, 2012 3:54 PM
Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN to where ?

Last edited:

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Just got a Newark scan

Nov 20, 2012 7:01 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

Gopiballava

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Mine's still in Memphis. "International shipment release - Import" on Nov 20 at 1:00 PM. No scan since then. It updated, I think yesterday evening, to showing a Nov 23 estimated delivery date.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Just got a Newark scan

Nov 20, 2012 7:01 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

why has my iPad been sitting in Memphis?!?!?! i bet you'll get your's tomorrow and i won't get mine until friday. dammit, everything was going so well.

i wonder what happened - perhaps the flights to PHL are less frequent than to EWR and they are waiting for a flight to PHL instead of trucking it down from EWR

Last edited:

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
That could be it, because it should have cleared customs same time

Lucky you...mine never left Memphis after it cleared customs although there was plenty of time for it to leave so I'd have it tomorrow ...so upset...I really wanted to have this for thanksgiving
Originally Posted by jb9217a

Now as of this morning on its way to Edison hub
Nov 21, 2012 4:15 AM
Departed FedEx location

Nov 21, 2012 7:25 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
mine went out for delivery this morning. i have off today from work so i've been waiting for the guy to come. i hear my dog barking and the front screen door open, then a slight thud, then the sound of the screen door closing. i walked down stairs to see a delivery label on my door and the FedEx guy get getting back into his truck and driving off. the guy never rang the door bell, never knocked, nothing. just slapped the label on and ran away despite it being obvious that my family is home - the lights were on, tons of cars are in my driveway....i mean what the hell.

now i have to take a special trip to FedEx tonight at 5pm when traffic will be a insane

nothing went right with this pre-order...it's been a disaster

Last edited:

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
mine went out for delivery this morning. i have off today from work so i've been waiting for the guy to come. i hear the front screen door open, then a slight thud, then the sound of the screen door closing. i walked down stairs to see a delivery label on my door and the FedEx get getting back into his truck and drove off. the guy never rang the door bell, never knocked, nothing. just slapped the label on and ran away despite it being obvious that my family is home - the lights were on, tons of cars are in my driveway....i mean what the hell.

now i have to take a special trip to FedEx tonight at 5pm when traffic will be a disaster

You should call and complain to the station. CS about the driver it all goes on report,
to what happen. that drive did not even ring or knock on door.

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
You should call and complain at the station. To what happened that drive did that.

complaining won't do a thing. they would never send the guy back. i will have to drive over there at 5pm and pick it up - not what i wanted to do on Thanksgiving Eve.

these guys always do this - their efficiency incentive must not be how many packages get delivered but how quickly they finish their route.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
complaining won't do a thing. they would never send the guy back. i will have to drive over there at 5pm and pick it up - not what i wanted to do on Thanksgiving Eve.

these guys always do this - their efficiency incentive must not be how many packages get delivered but how quickly they finish their route.

I know my drive wont drop it by till 3PM, yeah FedEx drive want to
complete there route faster to end the day. he might have had lots of
packages to deliver today.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011

Unless it is s 10:30 am package which is not it says by 4:30pm

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen my iPad has delivered 1:30 pm est, Thank you all for a good time, see you soon.
For next Apple product launch lol.

Last edited:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen my iPad has delivered 1:30 pm est, Thank you all for a good time, see you soon.
For next Apple product launch lol.

haha glad it got delivered.

i just got back from the local FedEx hub.

after all of the issues this pre-order gave me...now i am contemplating flipping it on eBay or Craigslist to make a profit and then re-buying an iPad 3 refurb (i had an iPad 3 but Apple allowed me to return it). but i cringe about going back to the dreadful A5X. that thing was horrendous.

decisions decisions...

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
haha glad it got delivered.

i just got back from the local FedEx hub.

after all of the issues this pre-order gave me...now i am contemplating flipping it on eBay or Craigslist to make a profit and then re-buying an iPad 3 refurb (i had an iPad 3 but Apple allowed me to return it). but i cringe about going back to the dreadful A5X. that thing was horrendous.

decisions decisions...

I have the iPad 3 LTE but i got it in 32GB which was a mistake, So this
is why i order the iPad 4.
If i was you to go thru all that hassle and then flip is really nuts lol.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
I have the iPad 3 LTE but i got it in 32GB which was a mistake, So this
is why i order the iPad 4.
If i was you to go thru all that hassle and then flip is really nuts lol.

so i decided that i would keep it.
i go to open it and i'm using it for maybe 10 minutes and i noticed that about midway on the left side all the way to the bottom of the left corner is very warm. my brightness is at 1/3 of the way and all i am doing is browsing articles on CNN. i know many people had this problem with the iPad 3 - luckily i didn't. however it seems that i am experiencing the problem with the iPad 4.

i went to play Metal Storm (that fight pilot game) and it got so hot to the point that my hands start sweating.

i am going to call up tomorrow and exchange it for another one. son of a...

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
so i decided that i would keep it.
i go to open it and i'm using it for maybe 10 minutes and i noticed that about midway on the left side all the way to the bottom of the left corner is very warm. my brightness is at 1/3 of the way and all i am doing is browsing articles on CNN. i know many people had this problem with the iPad 3 - luckily i didn't. however it seems that i am experiencing the problem with the iPad 4.

i went to play Metal Storm (that fight pilot game) and it got so hot to the point that my hands start sweating.

i am going to call up tomorrow and exchange it for another one. son of a...

Damn that sux, to be honest i wont have mine till next week, because i am in Israel friend just brought me my iPad mini yesterday. So until next Friday i wont have my iPad 4 to check it out and see if i have same issue. But mini is running fine so far.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Damn that sux, to be honest i wont have mine till next week, because i am in Israel friend just brought me my iPad mini yesterday. So until next Friday i wont have my iPad 4 to check it out and see if i have same issue. But mini is running fine so far.

yeah i expect the Mini to run cool to the touch b/c it's an A5 and the screen is even smaller than the iPad 2.

oh another thing i forgot to mention. when i was trying to cancel the order, i couldn't cancel the iPad 4 itself since it already had shipped. so i said cancel the AppleCare+. the refund went through, the $104 went back onto my gift card. however, despite it being 3 business days (5 days total) according to Apple i still have AppleCare+ and it was never returned. i asked the guy to confirm if i do or don't have it, but i want to make sure i have it since i decided to keep it. he put me on hold, came back and said "yes, you still have AppleCare+". he said that sometimes it can take a week to change on your account, but he said if on Friday it still says i have AppleCare+ it means that a glitch resulted in me getting it for free. LOL. can you believe that??

this order, while an order from hell, has turned into an order bearing holiday gifts on its own:

$50-off the iPad price
Free red smart case
$45-off coupon for the future
Free AppleCare+

be safe over there, i hear there is a cease-fire but right after it went into effect i heard that 10 more rockets were fired from Gaza

Last edited:

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
yeah i expect the Mini to run cool to the touch b/c it's an A5 and the screen is even smaller than the iPad 2.

oh another thing i forgot to mention. when i was trying to cancel the order, i couldn't cancel the iPad 4 itself since it already had shipped. so i said cancel the AppleCare+. the refund went through, the $104 went back onto my gift card. however, despite it being 3 business days (5 days total) according to Apple i still have AppleCare+ and it was never returned. i asked the guy to confirm if i do or don't have it, but i want to make sure i have it since i decided to keep it. he put me on hold, came back and said "yes, you still have AppleCare+". he said that sometimes it can take a week to change on your account, but he said if on Friday it still says i have AppleCare+ it means that a glitch resulted in me getting it for free. LOL. can you believe that??

this order, while an order from hell, has turned into an order bearing holiday gifts on its own:

$50-off the iPad price
Free red smart case
$45-off coupon for the future
Free AppleCare+

be safe over there, i hear there is a cease-fire but right after it went into effect i heard that 10 more rockets were fired from Gaza

That cool you really got a sweet Holiday gift.

I am in Tel Aviv suburb so one of the rocket came closet to my area but the Iron Dome blew it out of the sky which was cool.

On iPad mini what was that ppl said it cant play HD? i had Avengers HD from iTunes and it loaded and plays fine.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.