Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
I just realizes when I play music on my iphone 5 and i can tell my music was loud but then fade in and out every single song! anyone have this problem with 6.0 or i must got a defected one!

Is doing the same thing when i open Djay app playing music!

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I just realizes when I play music on my iphone 5 and i can tell my music was loud but then fade in and out every single song! anyone have this problem with 6.0 or i must got a defected one!

Is doing the same thing when i open Djay app playing music!

You may have sound check on or off. I'm not sure if that's what you are describing. Does it do in the middle of playing a song or are different songs playing at different volume levels?

Mattp61

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2012
United Kingdom
I've been having the same issue but didn't post anything because I didn't know how to phrase it, but this sounds like the exact thing i'm experiencing, the thing is though, this is my second iPhone 5 and they have both done it, one thing to note though is that it only happens on full volume.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
You may have sound check on or off. I'm not sure if that's what you are describing. Does it do in the middle of playing a song or are different songs playing at different volume levels?

Sound check is off! What is sound check anyway? Well i did put full volume and its doesn't matter if its beginning of the song or middle still doing it.

My Iphone 4S which has the same music library and its fine!

EDIT: Just tested with both Sound check off and on and problems is still there even with medium volume sound! You can tell the big different with full volume
----------

I've been having the same issue but didn't post anything because I didn't know how to phrase it, but this sounds like the exact thing i'm experiencing, the thing is though, this is my second iPhone 5 and they have both done it, one thing to note though is that it only happens on full volume.

Oh maybe is the iphone 5 hardware problem? weird thing also is doing exactly same thing on Djay app.

Last edited:

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Are you playing music via phone's speaker or headphones? How loud to you have the volume turned up? If all the way and not using headphones, then what you are probably experiencing is the software preventing you from blowing the speaker. I have heard that too while playing music through the speaker at full volume.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Are you playing music via phone's speaker or headphones? How loud to you have the volume turned up? If all the way and not using headphones, then what you are probably experiencing is the software preventing you from blowing the speaker. I have heard that too while playing music through the speaker at full volume.

iphone's speaker! It fade out and in even at low to medium volume also! I will bring it into apple store and see what would they said!

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yeah if it's doing it all over the place no matter what your volume is, sounds defective. Sorry to hear mate. Hope they can fix it or you get a good replacement.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Apple Genius guys tested with a recording software and was confirm the speakers had problem. So he swap out the speakers for me and came back asking if my home button was working? :eek: Yup the Genius broke my home button and i was force to get a new phone which i did not want!!!

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Apple Genius guys tested with a recording software and was confirm the speakers had problem. So he swap out the speakers for me and came back asking if my home button was working? :eek: Yup the Genius broke my home button and i was force to get a new phone which i did not want!!!

They actually swapped out speakers before giving you a replacement iPhone?

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
They actually swapped out speakers before giving you a replacement iPhone?
Yes! The new replacement also has the same problems.

Why is OP yelling? Why is his/her grammar so horrible?

I am not yelling, did i woke you up? Why are you here? What does your quote has anything to do with the SUBJECT? Are you an English teacher?:rolleyes:

Have you ever had to restore a brand new iphone from you old one? I guess not! Thats why you have no idea! So please go back to your corner!

Last edited:

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
That's messed up. I thought my iPhone had the same thing, but hearing other songs turns out it was just my imagination.

They replaced your speaker and then broke your home button? I'd demand a new phone.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
That's messed up. I thought my iPhone had the same thing, but hearing other songs turns out it was just my imagination.

They replaced your speaker and then broke your home button? I'd demand a new phone.
The new phone also have the same issue. Guess I have to live with it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.