Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Kfoster88
macrumors newbie

No sound when connected to USB in car

Hello,
I have an iPhone 4S, I'm having an issue when it's connected to the USB in my car no sound comes out. The car realizes its an iPhone, it says there are no songs, which is accurate. When connected the unlock doesn't not make noise, no text notifications, no keyboard sound. I have connected other iPhones and they are fine, so frustrating! Please help!
Kfoster88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:31 AM   #2
mikejg
macrumors member

Does your car have iphone compatability? Meaning can you plug your USB cable into your car and then play music through your car's audio system?

If so, then that is why. Your iphone is outputting the audio through the USB cable to be ouput through your car's speakers. If you had msuic playing from your iphone and you received a text alert, etc it would sound through your speakers. I do not know if there is a way to counteract this.
mikejg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:52 AM   #3
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Details would really help. What car? What stereo? What model(s) of other iPhones have you tried with your stereo?
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone