Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Thanks for photos, looks good. Last question, does the front pocket stretch to hold the cable and charger? Hoping that it would not be too tight where it's pushing back onto the screen. Guess you can make sure the mini is in with the screen facing the back but would be great if it fix well together.

Plenty of give in the pocket so no worries there.

cutiedoggy

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
I got one from fabrixcases for my iPad 2, now that I have changed to the mini, I can actually send it back to get it altered to the Mini's size!

www.fabrixcases.com ;)

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
that's too big.

I have the larger one for my iPad. Bought it when I got the original iPad.
Dave said he will be making a iPad mini specific pouch soon.

The small one is a perfect fit for a naked mini. I ordered one and the fit is like its made for it. I wish it was bigger so I could put my mini with the Smart Cover and a back cover, but only a naked mini will fit.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
The small one is a perfect fit for a naked mini. I ordered one and the fit is like its made for it. I wish it was bigger so I could put my mini with the Smart Cover and a back cover, but only a naked mini will fit.

Care to post a pic? How's the opening for the charger at the bottom? Sounds great if it's a perfect fit.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

I'm guessing you meant the medium size one as the small is sized for an iPhone. Love to hear it's a good fit for the naked mini as that's how I prefer to use it--ordered one a couple of days ago and looking forward to using it.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i'm ordering the Coach e-reader sleeve! In fuschia (hot pink!) I'm just waiting til tomorrow to place my order so i get my double cash back bonus!

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Care to post a pic? How's the opening for the charger at the bottom? Sounds great if it's a perfect fit.

There is no opening at the bottom.

----------

I'm guessing you meant the medium size one as the small is sized for an iPhone. Love to hear it's a good fit for the naked mini as that's how I prefer to use it--ordered one a couple of days ago and looking forward to using it.

Yes, I meant the medium.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Check out this iPad mini / 7" tab tote bag I ordered from eBags.com!

STM Bags Jacket D7

I'm so happy I found this! It was just what I was looking for! It's currently on sale for $17.50. :cool:

Attachments

• 224359_1_1.jpg
    224359_1_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,679

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

Just received this leather sleeve (medium size) in black and could not be happier. Very sturdy--leather is thicker than I expected, and fits my naked mini perfectly. It's not too tight but snug enough to keep the mini in place even if held upside down. Quality overall is very good.

And before someone asks, I don't own a smart cover (and don't plan to) so I'm sorry but I can't test to see if it fits with the cover on.

If anyone is interested in pics let me know and I'll try to get some up tomorrow.

AlecEdworthy

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Leicestershire, UK
I just received my Kajav Berlin case and am really impressed. The leather is super soft and it has magnets in for holding the case closed and activating the auto-sleep/wake sensors. The front panel folds back similar to how the first Apple case for the iPad original did to give it a nice resting angle for typing and a standing up position for watching movies etc. The leather is going to take a little bit of working to ensure the iPad mini stands up for movie viewing safely as it currently wants to fall backwards a little too easily but that's just because the leather is so new I think and it'll soon sort itself out.

Sorry for the really poor exposure, I quickly shot the photos on my iPhone and didn't notice the massive exposure overcompensation at the time. If anyone wants more/different/better photos then just give me a shout.

Alec

Attachments

• Kavaj 1.jpg
    Kavaj 1.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Kavaj 2.jpg
    Kavaj 2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 124

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
I found the following slip case and really like it. I'm currently using an iPad 3 with a black leather SmartCover and DodoCase Bookback. I really like the combo, but I'm wanting to move to the iPad Mini once it goes Retina. Love the contrast baseball stitching.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/105166926/samsung-galaxy-tab-101-leather-sleeve

The only thing I asked for that's different (since these are handmade) was to have a top edge like the following rather than a notched one like in the first link:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/109983706/samsung-galaxy-s3-leather-case-free

I'm going to grab one of these and hang on to it for when I move to the Mini. I'm a med student and the appeal of having an iPad small enough to fit in my white coat pocket is my motivation.

PS - the person who runs the Etsy store doesn't have the iPad Mini size in right now, but says to expect them very soon. (Thus the reason I linked to the Galaxy versions.)

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Dodo case discount

If you would like 10% off on your dodo case order here is a coupon that you may use.

C121126-NFRGJ4D

http://www.curebit.com/x/X3iz4

Better hurry though since it expires at 12:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday, December 6th. :D

Enjoy.

Cheers

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I actually use the pouch I got with my P5 headphones. I think you can get it for like 25 euro's.
It fits perfectly, also with a case around it, and it even has a little extra compartment to put accessories in.

Attachments

• 20121205_165457.jpg
    20121205_165457.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 128
  • 20121205_165518 (1).jpg
    20121205_165518 (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
  • 20121205_165356.jpg
    20121205_165356.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.