Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:08 PM   #76
jctevere
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
I also always buy the phone that brings most profits. I do this with cars too. That's why I am driving Toyota Camry.
I'm not quite sure if you're being sarcastic or not...? For two reasons, first, the Camry is not the most profitable car - its actually 12th. Secondly, just because something is more profitable, does not mean it is better. In fact, one could argue the direct opposite - in that because it costs less to make versus another similarly priced product, it does not have all the same features or materials on par as the similarly priced product that costs more to make.
jctevere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:11 PM   #77
Lannoc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctevere View Post
I'm not quite sure if you're being sarcastic or not...? For two reasons, first, the Camry is not the most profitable car - its actually 12th. Secondly, just because something is more profitable, does not mean it is better. In fact, one could argue the direct opposite - in that because it costs less to make versus another similarly priced product, it does not have all the same features or materials on par as the similarly priced product that costs more to make.
I get what you are saying, but do you think Apple products have high profit margins because they are cheaper to make? I would think they are more expensive to make?
Lannoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:02 PM   #78
MacDav
Banned

Percentage of stores with iPhone 5 in stock by carrier. You're welcome.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:08 PM   #79
Compile 'em all
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Scuff-gate is fiction.
Are you high? I got two iPhones one on launch day and replaced it twice. Both times it had scratches out of the box. Finally on the 3rd one it is trouble free.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:50 AM   #80
Ramchi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma*Police View Post
But they are amazed by some of the iPhone 5's innovations, including the perfected external antenna (a real breakthrough), the design itself (the materials used and manufacturing behind it) and the dual core custom silicon that's very energy efficient and more powerful than Samsung's quad core. All that with a larger display in a markedly smaller, lighter form factor is what made one of our engineers say, "wow, Apple has some damn good engineers."
I wish this is true with iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 getting weak wifi reception of all devices and worst battery life than SGS 3.

But iPhone 4 & 4S outshines iPhone 5 in every department I have seen so far.

I am not sure whether first batch of Apple products always meant for beta testing. May be I am doubting this delay is to address all these issues? May be we need to buy Apple products only after 6 months(only to find out your phone may become outdated in another 6 months)
Ramchi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:57 AM   #81
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

I got mime from Verizon In four days.

Last edited by ViperDesign; Nov 25, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
ViperDesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:57 PM   #82
jctevere
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannoc View Post
I get what you are saying, but do you think Apple products have high profit margins because they are cheaper to make? I would think they are more expensive to make?
I was merely showing that you could argue both sides - meaning that the profit margin of a phone is an irrelevant factor in deciding which phone is "better" or which phone you should purchase.

I'm not 100% positive what both the GS3 and the iPhone cost to make (just in materials and labor) but I'm fairly sure that the GS3 is slightly higher. But I think that the iPhone 5 is a much better phone (especially here in the United States).

Not to mention, that the estimates on pricing, do not include costs associated with the software. Android is given free by Google to Samsung (or other Android makers), Apple has to build everything from scratch themselves - significantly raising software costs.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramchi View Post
I wish this is true with iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 getting weak wifi reception of all devices and worst battery life than SGS 3.

But iPhone 4 & 4S outshines iPhone 5 in every department I have seen so far.

I am not sure whether first batch of Apple products always meant for beta testing. May be I am doubting this delay is to address all these issues? May be we need to buy Apple products only after 6 months(only to find out your phone may become outdated in another 6 months)
I think you're just trolling. So you have an GS 3 and an iPhone 5. Yet you claim issues of "weak wifi reception" which wasn't even the rumored issue. It was complaints of "blocked or slowed" wifi connection to certain security WiFi connections. My iPhone 5 has no issues with wifi and signal strength/speed is excellent. The iPhone 5 is better then the iPhone 4 and 4S in every respect and I get better battery life then those models. Not to mention, the iPhone 5 also outperformed the GS 3 in battery life testing comparisons.

It seems to me you just read this article:
http://smarthouse.com.au/Phones/Mobile/U7B2S7U6

Then rehashed some things, said you had both an iPhone 5 and a GS 3 and tried to pass it off as true or factual, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.
jctevere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:16 PM   #83
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
This is only a good thing. I still see very few iPhone 5s out in the wild (besides my own.) I have to think the demand is there, but people still think it's too hard to get.
I believe there's several factors at work, all skillfully manipulated by Apple. One of Apple's great strengths is to create the proper illusion in order to keep demand & sales maximized.

It's about creating urgency "better hurry & get yours" balanced by "oh my gosh they can't build them fast enough". Masterful marketing led by the world's greatest salesman, (RIP, SJ) set Apple up for the success they currently enjoy.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:06 AM   #84
Want300
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman9000 View Post
What time did you try? I've never been successful.
I did it at like 10:05 pm when I tried and it showed them in stock.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion