|Nov 22, 2012, 02:32 PM||#1|
Simple website with user accounts
So, I want to create a simple website, and I have never done this (well, yes, but very basic and a long time ago). The website is supposed to have the following features:
- People can create user names (captcha?) and log in with them.
- They can submit some data (just a number and maybe the submission date)
- They can view a graph of their own numbers and an average of everybody else's
- They can log out
Now these features are very basic and don't need to be fancy. The number of users will probably stay below 100. Not knowing anything, I would have gone about it with PHP and a mySQL database, but I have never really used either. I have a lot of coding experience in C and some in Python and am generally not afraid of computers and editors. I own Rapidweaver (because it was included in a software bundle once) but have never used it.
My questions to you are:
1. Are PHP and mySQL the way to do this? Is there a better or easier way?
2. What would you use to draw and show graphs of some data on the website?
3. Would you recommend doing this with Rapidweaver? Can Rapidweaver easily manage a database, logins and a graph, or would I have to manually code the PHP and mySQL part anyways? Or would you recommend to use Rapidweaver for a layout and then edit the resulting pages by hand?
4. Do you (by chance) have any great tipps where I can get examples or pre-coded site sketches like this? It seems to me like many people would want this (a site with accounts), and I don't want to re-program the wheel. This is supposed to be a "could you just quickly code this"-project... as always...
Thanks, and I hope I didn't insult you all with my complete newbie questions.
|accounts, database, rapidweaver|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2 user accounts seem to slow me down||RinkoWingMan||MacBook Pro||1||Nov 16, 2013 05:55 AM|
|New to mac - user accounts?||aartoodeetoo||OS X||2||Jun 29, 2013 09:34 AM|
|User accounts||jon8214||OS X Mavericks (10.9)||1||Jun 12, 2013 10:58 AM|
|User accounts on iPad||crazyman3005||iOS 6||19||Dec 7, 2012 10:36 AM|
|Switching user accounts||Benbikeman||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||0||Jul 28, 2012 05:57 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.