Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:54 PM   #1
macboy4
macrumors regular

"Monitor" Application in Login Items?

I was making some changes to my user account and I notice an application in Login Items called "Monitor". I've never heard of this and I couldn't find anything online.

Anybody know what this is?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Gregg2
macrumors 601

In the Login Items pane, you can highlight an item, then right click (or control-click) to select Reveal in Finder. The window that the item is in will then open.
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:59 PM   #3
macboy4
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg2 View Post
In the Login Items pane, you can highlight an item, then right click (or control-click) to select Reveal in Finder. The window that the item is in will then open.
Unfortunately, I already removed it and I don't see it as an option when I click "+".
Old Nov 12, 2009, 03:12 PM   #4
calderone
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by macboy4 View Post
Unfortunately, I already removed it and I don't see it as an option when I click "+".
To see it as an option, you have to navigate to its location. Since you removed it, you won't be able to find it unless you do a search in Finder.
calderone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2009, 02:06 AM   #5
shifty50
macrumors newbie

might be related...

Did you happen to install a LeapFrogConnect app recently? LeapFrog like the interactive children's toys? My son got some talking dog today that requires computer customization, and after I installed the LFC app, I now have 'Monitor' in my Login Items.

Revealing in Finder shows 'Apps/LeapFrogConnect/Contents/Monitor'

Hope this helps. Oh and Merry Xmas!
shifty50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Bob6stringer
macrumors newbie

"Monitor" Longin item - Yup - Gotta be Leapfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50 View Post
Did you happen to install a LeapFrogConnect app recently? LeapFrog like the interactive children's toys? My son got some talking dog today that requires computer customization, and after I installed the LFC app, I now have 'Monitor' in my Login Items.

Revealing in Finder shows 'Apps/LeapFrogConnect/Contents/Monitor'

Hope this helps. Oh and Merry Xmas!
I just had the same issue, finding "Monitor" in y login items. And I have confirmed its origin is the LeapFrog Connect software. Which never worked correctly -- and which LeapFrog will not support. (They stopped responding to the e-mail support thread we had going. I won't be buying my kid anything from them again, of course.)
Bob6stringer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:55 PM   #7
raydot
macrumors newbie

LeapFrog Connect

I can confirm this comes from LeapFrog connect. I was able to get it working but it kinda just does a whole lot of nothing.
raydot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X