Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:08 PM   #226
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
You might be right looks like no flight to EWR till tomorrow.

So i called FedEx they said its still in customs and could clear soon,
if it does then the guy told me Delivered tomorrow.
IF not then back to Friday.

I think it will be leaving around 5 or 6 pm to EWR, just
need to get that FedEx flight number.
well it might go to PHL and be trucked up to you or EWR and trucked down to me. FedEx seems to do it both ways

if it will clear customs soon and can get on an early evening flight to EWR or PHL, we are good to go in getting it tomorrow
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:38 PM   #227
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
well it might go to PHL and be trucked up to you or EWR and trucked down to me. FedEx seems to do it both ways

if it will clear customs soon and can get on an early evening flight to EWR or PHL, we are good to go in getting it tomorrow
yeah that possible its happened in the past.

It cleared customs and Nov 20, 2012 3:54 PM
Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN to where ?

Last edited by eim23x; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:26 PM   #228
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
yeah that possible its happened in the past.

It cleared customs and Nov 20, 2012 3:54 PM
Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN to where ?
mine still says it's in Memphis
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:01 PM   #229
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
It did not depart as mine did?
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:02 PM   #230
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
It did not depart as mine did?
nope. this is the last update:

11:55 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:44 PM   #231
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Just got a Newark scan

Nov 20, 2012 7:01 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
Location
NEWARK, NJ
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 PM   #232
Gopiballava
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Mine's still in Memphis. "International shipment release - Import" on Nov 20 at 1:00 PM. No scan since then. It updated, I think yesterday evening, to showing a Nov 23 estimated delivery date.
Gopiballava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 PM   #233
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
Just got a Newark scan

Nov 20, 2012 7:01 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
Location
NEWARK, NJ
why has my iPad been sitting in Memphis?!?!?! i bet you'll get your's tomorrow and i won't get mine until friday. dammit, everything was going so well.

i wonder what happened - perhaps the flights to PHL are less frequent than to EWR and they are waiting for a flight to PHL instead of trucking it down from EWR

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:41 AM   #234
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
That could be it, because it should have cleared customs same time

Lucky you...mine never left Memphis after it cleared customs although there was plenty of time for it to leave so I'd have it tomorrow ...so upset...I really wanted to have this for thanksgiving
Originally Posted by jb9217a

Now as of this morning on its way to Edison hub
Nov 21, 2012 4:15 AM
Departed FedEx location
Location
NEWARK, NJ

Nov 21, 2012 7:25 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Location
EDISON, NJ

Last edited by eim23x; Nov 21, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:46 AM   #235
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
mine went out for delivery this morning. i have off today from work so i've been waiting for the guy to come. i hear my dog barking and the front screen door open, then a slight thud, then the sound of the screen door closing. i walked down stairs to see a delivery label on my door and the FedEx guy get getting back into his truck and driving off. the guy never rang the door bell, never knocked, nothing. just slapped the label on and ran away despite it being obvious that my family is home - the lights were on, tons of cars are in my driveway....i mean what the hell.

now i have to take a special trip to FedEx tonight at 5pm when traffic will be a insane

nothing went right with this pre-order...it's been a disaster

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:51 AM   #236
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
mine went out for delivery this morning. i have off today from work so i've been waiting for the guy to come. i hear the front screen door open, then a slight thud, then the sound of the screen door closing. i walked down stairs to see a delivery label on my door and the FedEx get getting back into his truck and drove off. the guy never rang the door bell, never knocked, nothing. just slapped the label on and ran away despite it being obvious that my family is home - the lights were on, tons of cars are in my driveway....i mean what the hell.

now i have to take a special trip to FedEx tonight at 5pm when traffic will be a disaster
You should call and complain to the station. CS about the driver it all goes on report,
to what happen. that drive did not even ring or knock on door.

Last edited by eim23x; Nov 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:56 AM   #237
rtdunham
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
You should call and complain at the station. To what happened that drive did that.
Could we all agree to read our posts just once, maybe, to see that they make sense before hitting the send button? :-)
rtdunham is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:06 AM   #238
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
You should call and complain at the station. To what happened that drive did that.
complaining won't do a thing. they would never send the guy back. i will have to drive over there at 5pm and pick it up - not what i wanted to do on Thanksgiving Eve.

these guys always do this - their efficiency incentive must not be how many packages get delivered but how quickly they finish their route.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:55 AM   #239
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
complaining won't do a thing. they would never send the guy back. i will have to drive over there at 5pm and pick it up - not what i wanted to do on Thanksgiving Eve.

these guys always do this - their efficiency incentive must not be how many packages get delivered but how quickly they finish their route.
I know my drive wont drop it by till 3PM, yeah FedEx drive want to
complete there route faster to end the day. he might have had lots of
packages to deliver today.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 AM   #240
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
complaining won't do a thing. they would never send the guy back. i will have to drive over there at 5pm and pick it up - not what i wanted to do on Thanksgiving Eve.

these guys always do this - their efficiency incentive must not be how many packages get delivered but how quickly they finish their route.
Unless it is s 10:30 am package which is not it says by 4:30pm
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:39 PM   #241
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
complaining won't do a thing. they would never send the guy back. i will have to drive over there at 5pm and pick it up - not what i wanted to do on Thanksgiving Eve.

these guys always do this - their efficiency incentive must not be how many packages get delivered but how quickly they finish their route.
Ladies and Gentlemen my iPad has delivered 1:30 pm est, Thank you all for a good time, see you soon.
For next Apple product launch lol.

Last edited by eim23x; Nov 21, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
eim23x is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:20 PM   #242
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen my iPad has delivered 1:30 pm est, Thank you all for a good time, see you soon.
For next Apple product launch lol.
haha glad it got delivered.

i just got back from the local FedEx hub.

after all of the issues this pre-order gave me...now i am contemplating flipping it on eBay or Craigslist to make a profit and then re-buying an iPad 3 refurb (i had an iPad 3 but Apple allowed me to return it). but i cringe about going back to the dreadful A5X. that thing was horrendous.

decisions decisions...
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:30 AM   #243
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
haha glad it got delivered.

i just got back from the local FedEx hub.

after all of the issues this pre-order gave me...now i am contemplating flipping it on eBay or Craigslist to make a profit and then re-buying an iPad 3 refurb (i had an iPad 3 but Apple allowed me to return it). but i cringe about going back to the dreadful A5X. that thing was horrendous.

decisions decisions...
I have the iPad 3 LTE but i got it in 32GB which was a mistake, So this
is why i order the iPad 4.
If i was you to go thru all that hassle and then flip is really nuts lol.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:57 AM   #244
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
I have the iPad 3 LTE but i got it in 32GB which was a mistake, So this
is why i order the iPad 4.
If i was you to go thru all that hassle and then flip is really nuts lol.
so i decided that i would keep it.
i go to open it and i'm using it for maybe 10 minutes and i noticed that about midway on the left side all the way to the bottom of the left corner is very warm. my brightness is at 1/3 of the way and all i am doing is browsing articles on CNN. i know many people had this problem with the iPad 3 - luckily i didn't. however it seems that i am experiencing the problem with the iPad 4.

i went to play Metal Storm (that fight pilot game) and it got so hot to the point that my hands start sweating.

i am going to call up tomorrow and exchange it for another one. son of a...
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:08 AM   #245
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
so i decided that i would keep it.
i go to open it and i'm using it for maybe 10 minutes and i noticed that about midway on the left side all the way to the bottom of the left corner is very warm. my brightness is at 1/3 of the way and all i am doing is browsing articles on CNN. i know many people had this problem with the iPad 3 - luckily i didn't. however it seems that i am experiencing the problem with the iPad 4.

i went to play Metal Storm (that fight pilot game) and it got so hot to the point that my hands start sweating.

i am going to call up tomorrow and exchange it for another one. son of a...
Damn that sux, to be honest i wont have mine till next week, because i am in Israel friend just brought me my iPad mini yesterday. So until next Friday i wont have my iPad 4 to check it out and see if i have same issue. But mini is running fine so far.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:17 AM   #246
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eim23x View Post
Damn that sux, to be honest i wont have mine till next week, because i am in Israel friend just brought me my iPad mini yesterday. So until next Friday i wont have my iPad 4 to check it out and see if i have same issue. But mini is running fine so far.
yeah i expect the Mini to run cool to the touch b/c it's an A5 and the screen is even smaller than the iPad 2.

oh another thing i forgot to mention. when i was trying to cancel the order, i couldn't cancel the iPad 4 itself since it already had shipped. so i said cancel the AppleCare+. the refund went through, the $104 went back onto my gift card. however, despite it being 3 business days (5 days total) according to Apple i still have AppleCare+ and it was never returned. i asked the guy to confirm if i do or don't have it, but i want to make sure i have it since i decided to keep it. he put me on hold, came back and said "yes, you still have AppleCare+". he said that sometimes it can take a week to change on your account, but he said if on Friday it still says i have AppleCare+ it means that a glitch resulted in me getting it for free. LOL. can you believe that??

this order, while an order from hell, has turned into an order bearing holiday gifts on its own:

$50-off the iPad price
Free red smart case
$45-off coupon for the future
Free AppleCare+



be safe over there, i hear there is a cease-fire but right after it went into effect i heard that 10 more rockets were fired from Gaza

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:38 AM   #247
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
yeah i expect the Mini to run cool to the touch b/c it's an A5 and the screen is even smaller than the iPad 2.

oh another thing i forgot to mention. when i was trying to cancel the order, i couldn't cancel the iPad 4 itself since it already had shipped. so i said cancel the AppleCare+. the refund went through, the $104 went back onto my gift card. however, despite it being 3 business days (5 days total) according to Apple i still have AppleCare+ and it was never returned. i asked the guy to confirm if i do or don't have it, but i want to make sure i have it since i decided to keep it. he put me on hold, came back and said "yes, you still have AppleCare+". he said that sometimes it can take a week to change on your account, but he said if on Friday it still says i have AppleCare+ it means that a glitch resulted in me getting it for free. LOL. can you believe that??

this order, while an order from hell, has turned into an order bearing holiday gifts on its own:

$50-off the iPad price
Free red smart case
$45-off coupon for the future
Free AppleCare+



be safe over there, i hear there is a cease-fire but right after it went into effect i heard that 10 more rockets were fired from Gaza
That cool you really got a sweet Holiday gift.

I am in Tel Aviv suburb so one of the rocket came closet to my area but the Iron Dome blew it out of the sky which was cool.

On iPad mini what was that ppl said it cant play HD? i had Avengers HD from iTunes and it loaded and plays fine.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:19 PM   #248
Malesack
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
this order, while an order from hell, has turned into an order bearing holiday gifts on its own:

$50-off the iPad price
Free red smart case
$45-off coupon for the future
Free AppleCare+
Mine did not fair so well. I'think I can see my mini on this FedEx truck:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-texas-2-dead/
Malesack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:37 PM   #249
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malesack View Post
Mine did not fair so well. I'think I can see my mini on this FedEx truck:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-texas-2-dead/
holy crap. how do you know? did you call up and ask?
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:42 PM   #250
eim23x
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malesack View Post
Mine did not fair so well. I'think I can see my mini on this FedEx truck:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-texas-2-dead/
Yeah **** damn All those FedEx packages, someone could just go
near the truck and pull out the iPad and iPad mini boxes and take
them, But i would say 60% or more there damn from the look of the truck wreckage.
since mostly everyone here knows how they look.
eim23x is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cellular-Capable Retina iPad Mini Models Begin Trickling Into U.S. Apple Retail Stores MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 57 Nov 15, 2013 06:23 AM
WiFi + Cellular iPad Mini and Fourth-Generation iPad Launching in China Friday MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 40 Jan 17, 2013 01:26 AM
First Pre-Orders of LTE iPad Mini and Fourth-Generation iPad Models Arriving in U.S. MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 57 Nov 16, 2012 11:58 AM
Cellular-Capable iPad Mini Pre-Orders Arriving in U.S. as Early as Thursday, November 15 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 79 Nov 16, 2012 01:42 AM
iPad Mini: iPad Mini with Cellular launches 26 November in the UK! hourami iPad 1 Nov 14, 2012 05:07 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC