Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:41 AM   #1
maschbaer
macrumors newbie

No access to Time Cupsule Harddrive from Recovery- or Mirgrationassistent

Hello,

I replaced my MBPs internal harddrive. Beforehand, I did a total backup with time machine onto my time cupsule.

Now I am booting from a ML Recovery USB Stick. In the recivery OSX I have the option to use a time machine backup to reinstall my system. Using this option the programm recognises the harddrive named "data" on the time cupsele connected via the network and asks for the passwort to access the drive.

The time cupsule acceps the password, however, it does not show me my backup on the drive and throws me back where I have to click the "data" drive and where I have to enter the password again.

The password is defenitly correct, as I can connect to the "data" drive on the time cupsule form another MBP. What I notice when I try to access the "data" drive in the time machine via the migration assistant on the other MBP is that I end up in the same situation as mentioned before.

What I tried so far:
-Reset of TC
-Change of drive name "data"

Any ideas?

regards,

Jan
Time Cupsule, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
maschbaer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals