Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firedept

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Selling my sons iPod Touch 4 Gen 64 GB as he wants to upgrade to an iPad Mini. He has an iPhone 5 32GB for music so no longer needs Touch. I have restored it back to factory as far as I know through iTunes restore. Touch is showing configure on slide when you start it, so pretty sure I got that right. Now there is still about 1 - 1 1/2 years of AppleCare still left on it. Can it be transferred to the new owner? And do I do it through Apple or does new owner? Thanks in advance for answers!

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
AppleCare is registered to the device not the user. So neither you nor the buyer will need to do anything. Mention the remaining AppleCare you could get more for it.

firedept

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
AppleCare is registered to the device not the user. So neither you nor the buyer will need to do anything. Mention the remaining AppleCare you could get more for it.

Thanks. Got an extra $50 for it. Sold it for $275 total with AC. Which is only $25 less than a new refurb. Or $125 less if they put AC on refurb. Not bad for owning it 1 1/2 years. My son will be thrill as he now gets his iPad Mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.