Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Not this Friday.
Anyway I think they will release it with the new iTunes. On Monday or Thursday.
What annoying is the fact that the same thing happened with iTunes 11, I hate this software, and I think this is the worst apple product ever.
So I was really eager to see what they did with it.
And amazingly apple took their time, just to announce in the very last day of October that they kicked it to the end of November.
Hope the iMac story will be different.

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
Well, it might be that NZ gets it later than the rest of the world. Might only be america and some of the other big countrey (germany, uk) at first.

elektrizitat

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2009
London
Yes, it would be a loss if they release the iMac on Friday.

So, let's say Apple have produced 50,000 iMacs and the current user demand is 200,000 iMacs.

Why would Apple want to release the iMac on Black Friday knowing full well they are going to sell out regardless?

Let's say those figures above are true - that's £70 (roughly) discount per unit. That's £3,500,000 that Apple will lose if they were to sell out their iMac Itinerary on Black Friday as opposed to after Black Friday.

Not going to happen i'm afraid.

Hoping i'm wrong of course :)

Or think of it this way; all those guys waiting for the iMac might suddenly be tempted by a MacBook instead due to discount and no iMac to buy. Release the iMac without discount, get them guys to pay full price! However I too think it will be next Tuesday....

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
A few posts here saying no chance on Friday due to the instant discount. But wouldn't that be a show stopper if they did? I mean, "Hey look, the new iMac is out and available on a day that offers instant savings!". How many do you think they would sell..

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
A few posts here saying no chance on Friday due to the instant discount. But wouldn't that be a show stopper if they did? I mean, "Hey look, the new iMac is out and available on a day that offers instant savings!". How many do you think they would sell..

Yes! Totally agree. But we all know that isn't apple's style :p

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

That'd be a stupid move, because it'd go out of stock and I'd be less likely to get one. :mad:

CandyDane

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
releasing this friday would give Apple tons of free press , so it really would not be a loss . they can jusitfy the discount as advertising dollars. besides I would bet most sales will get a student discount wether they are a student or not. so no real revenue loss releasing on Friday. !

Don't you have to be a student to get a student discount?

Dyn-tec

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Just checked at the apple online store...it says it is closed...figures are crossed...

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Just checked at the apple online store...it says it is closed...figures are crossed...

What are you talking about? Apple stores are online and there's no iMac. They are not taking the site down again today to update it with iMacs

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
What are you talking about? Apple stores are online and there's no iMac. They are not taking the site down again today to update it with iMacs

US store is down

Hopefully not just US is going to get the short supply of new iMacs first

MasterLibrarian

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Site up again. No new iMacs... :(

I suppose the new iMacs have some serious manufacturing issues and we are not going to see them sometime soon...

Last edited:

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
If you get really fed up you could always buy this instead.

It's an option! :D

l........and when it breaks, just bring it to your nearest Lavi dealer!! Fail.

----------

Site up again. No new iMacs... :(

I suppose the new iMacs have some serious manufacturing issues and we are not going to see them sometime soon...

Well, I am kind of in your camp, re the manufacturing problems, but I think it might be just constrained supply, not a basic problem. Just one component in short supply can screw up the assembly line. They said it would be out in November for the 21.5. Let's give them the time. Then we get the rope.

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Well, I am kind of in your camp, re the manufacturing problems, but I think it might be just constrained supply, not a basic problem. Just one component in short supply can screw up the assembly line. They said it would be out in November for the 21.5. Let's give them the time. Then we get the rope.

Second that! We're still in november. Let's be patient.

And THEN the rope and I might add the torches and the pitchforks! :)

sleek881

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010
Sunshine Coast, Australia
iMacs won't be available until December
skitch.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.