Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwimjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Two things that bug me about Apple TV, will jailbreaking give me these options?

1. I wish there was a menu for "recently played", where a list of the last 5 or 10 videos i watched that did not complete could be accessed quickly.. regardless of which device I use. I hate having to drill down though 4-5 menus to find the episode I started watching yesterday but never finished.

2. I wish there was a setting to hide shows or movies that have already been watched so they don't clutter up the list.

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
Two things that bug me about Apple TV, will jailbreaking give me these options?

1. I wish there was a menu for "recently played", where a list of the last 5 or 10 videos i watched that did not complete could be accessed quickly.. regardless of which device I use. I hate having to drill down though 4-5 menus to find the episode I started watching yesterday but never finished.

2. I wish there was a setting to hide shows or movies that have already been watched so they don't clutter up the list.

This isn't ideal but it is a work around...

Create a smart playlist in itunes,

Create the following rules:

1. "Last Played" ---> "In the last" ---> "X" ---> "days"
2. "Media kind" ---> "is" ---> "movie"

Again, not ideal and just an alternative what your looking for. You'll have to control using itunes to select the movies on ATV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.