Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Danmickread
macrumors newbie

Gigabit switching

Hi i have recently recieved a new wireless router from sky (uk) but it only has 4 ether net ports and one is used for dsl connection so my question is what is the best way to get more ethernet ports ideally 6 and with gigabit through put because the sky router is only 100Mb/s.

Could i get some kind of gigabit switch and plug that into the dsl modem and then plug my sky wireless router into that so that all ethernets into switch will be gigabit and the i can use the sky router just for wireless.

Or is it best just to get a new wireless router with gigabit and dual band wireless. But what number of ethernet ports can u get these with.

Thanks

Dan
Danmickread is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking