Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarlettsweb13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have seen the pictures of the new iPod Touch, but what drives me crazy and the reason I am not pre-ordering is that I do not know what the real colors look like and pictures are just not good enough. If anyone was at the Apple event or knows the answer to my question, that would be great! I will most likely get either the blue or peach iPod. My problem is with the peach iPod. If the shade is closer to pink, then I will get the blue one because I do not want pink. However, if the shade is peach or salmon; I will get the peach one. Looking at the pictures, the iPod looks more peach than it does pink. I know this is a silly question, but is there anyone who can confirm this for me? I hate waiting to find out things. Thanks. :)

solmaker

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
I'm in the same aesthetic boat. I pre-ordered the red (which Apple is now unfortunately calling "pink"), based on Apple.com pictures that made it look nicely peach or salmon. I'm glad to see the IRL pics which make it look peach (or even darker). I do think the picture of this model's "loop" at http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/features/ is way too pink, so I've ordered the red-and-white loop set to give me some choice at http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD971LL/A/ipod-touch-loop-black?fnode=70.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I pre-ordered the red (which Apple is now unfortunately calling "pink"), based on Apple.com pictures that made it look nicely peach or salmon.
It was never called red or looked remotely red. It was peach/pink/salmon from the start. The red version is the (PRODUCT) RED model.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Once the screen got longer, i dont know why but it made me feel like the black one looks the best. It gets bigger so the colored one look like toys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.