Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:37 PM   #26
rhett7660
macrumors 604

Have you turned off photostream?

Once everything is turned off.

Have you logged into icloud?
What password did you use? The old one or new one?
Any other iphones/macs/ipads etc in the find my "" section?

Change your password again.

Make sure to use a good strong password.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:08 PM   #27
rrares1996
macrumors 6502a

listen,delete your credit card from apple id,change the email,the password,log out from Icloud,delete the old backups from icloud,disable the photo stream feature,disable everything you can cause you are in real trouble if that guy can see your photos,not sure but still...
rrares1996 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:19 PM   #28
McGiord
macrumors 68040

Use the find my iPhone service, and see if you can see the stranger's device.

If your iCloud account is enabled in that stranger iPhone, chances are if also the find my iPhone is also enable that you can locate it and then decide what to do. Send a message, call the cops, call apple, give more details, etc.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:32 PM   #29
rrares1996
macrumors 6502a

Write on a paper your phone number,and tell the guy what you want and then take a picture of that paper and hopefully it will be uploaded to that stranger's photo stream.
rrares1996 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:57 PM   #30
melllvar
macrumors member

maybe its just a shared photo stream:

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/#photostreams
melllvar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:00 PM   #31
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrares1996 View Post
listen,delete your credit card from apple id,change the email,the password,log out from Icloud,delete the old backups from icloud,disable the photo stream feature,disable everything you can cause you are in real trouble if that guy can see your photos,not sure but still...
I don't know what you keep in your photo album, but if a hacker broke into mine, he'd just see a bunch of stuff that is of no use to him: family members, cars, textbook pages, and videos of my friend improv rapping in a public school on a weekend.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:10 PM   #32
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroZ06 View Post
I don't know what you keep in your photo album, but if a hacker broke into mine, he'd just see a bunch of stuff that is of no use to him
That's the key, leave nothing important or personal in there.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:21 PM   #33
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
That's the key, leave nothing important or personal in there.
I'd have to really try to leave important stuff in my photo library. Gather all of my personal info and passwords on a sheet of paper, then take a picture of that...
faroZ06 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:28 PM   #34
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 601

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Question:

Why are the two photos you shared different? That would mean the person chose to take a picture of their info screen twice... not even twice in a row. (The times are different, the charge percent is different, and the status bar is a different color.)

Not to say I don't believe you, I just find it odd that you have two pictures of their settings on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrares1996 View Post
Write on a paper your phone number,and tell the guy what you want and then take a picture of that paper and hopefully it will be uploaded to that stranger's photo stream.
Good idea! If this is going both ways, maybe they're just as confused about seeing your stuff as you are about seeing theirs... pretend you're a hacker and threaten them! Demand that they wire you money or you'll distribute pictures of them that you were able to hack their phone into taking remotely. (I'm kidding, of course.)
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:54 AM   #35
T'hain Esh Kelch
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via AIM to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via MSN to T'hain Esh Kelch
I'd call Apple and ask to talk with a superior, unless they took this serious. It is a major security issue, if their databases are ****ing.

If they don't care, I'll go to the media. Then things will wrap up, Apple will get tons of bad PR, and in the end Cook will show up at your doorstep with a free iPhone 5 and an apology - Case closed!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:31 AM   #36
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Just out of curiosity. Since that's not your phone why did you scrub out the serial number ?

Are you sure that isn't yours ?
I doubt the OP is a retard. Could have just been a courtesy to the Italian dude.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:08 AM   #37
spacemanspifff
macrumors regular

see vendor information in user profile
I think - like the other poster above, It's an iOS 6 thing.

He's clearly on the new system, you're not! He's shared his Photostream with you either by accident or because he knows you? However, you're not on the new system, so you can't un-share it!

I would hope that when Apple releases iOS 6 (perhaps later today/tonight?) then you'll be able to opt out of seeing this guys photos. Once Apple updates everything, if you still can't get rid of this guy, then call Apple and complain.

There should have been an opt-in message for you to accept? But again, maybe because he's using beta software something is screwed up.
spacemanspifff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:37 AM   #38
frunkis54
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspifff View Post
I think - like the other poster above, It's an iOS 6 thing.

He's clearly on the new system, you're not! He's shared his Photostream with you either by accident or because he knows you? However, you're not on the new system, so you can't un-share it!

I would hope that when Apple releases iOS 6 (perhaps later today/tonight?) then you'll be able to opt out of seeing this guys photos. Once Apple updates everything, if you still can't get rid of this guy, then call Apple and complain.

There should have been an opt-in message for you to accept? But again, maybe because he's using beta software something is screwed up.
Can't be that you can't see shared photo streams if you have iOS 5 installed.
frunkis54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:43 AM   #39
BFizzzle
Banned

cant you do like photo shares in iOS6? maybe someone you know is playing an elaborate prank on you..
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:23 AM   #40
pwissa
macrumors newbie

Unlnown photos

[QUOTE=konrad87;15590724]Hi

Yesterday I had the same problem in my new Iphone 5, I found in my photostream 15 pictures of a wedding of people i never saw.
pwissa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:20 PM   #41
LSUstang05
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
Question:

Why are the two photos you shared different? That would mean the person chose to take a picture of their info screen twice... not even twice in a row. (The times are different, the charge percent is different, and the status bar is a different color.)

Not to say I don't believe you, I just find it odd that you have two pictures of their settings on hand.
The two that he shared in the same post is one of his phone (iPhone 4) and one of the stranger's iPhone. If you scroll up the thread when he showed the stranger's iPhone settings first, he had blurred the serial number. When you compare it to the second photo, everything is the same including the time, battery percentage, model number, etc... So the two pictures he has isn't odd, he was just providing his info and the stranger's to try and quell any concerns that this was fake.
LSUstang05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:17 AM   #42
masc
macrumors newbie

I just had the same issue.

Bought a new iPad mini yesterday, made a backup from iCloud and while it downloaded my pictures and Apps, it came up to re-enter the password. I noticed the email address shown was actually not mine, but i did not really pay attention.

Later on, i went to my photo stream and found a picture which is not mine.
masc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:07 AM   #43
SimonTheSoundMa
macrumors 6502a

This happened to me when photostream first launched. I was receiving random peoples photos. After several calls to Apple Care, they said they had quite a few calls from other people experiencing the same issue. I cleared my photostream and it stopped. Haven't heard anyone else get this recently though.

Had the same with twitpic at one time too.
SimonTheSoundMa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:07 AM   #44
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

Go to the location thing where it shows you the GPS of where the photos are taken.
If possible go to that local and see if you can find them.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:18 AM   #45
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaissie View Post
Go to the location thing where it shows you the GPS of where the photos are taken.
If possible go to that local and see if you can find them.
This.

Go into iPhoto and see where they live. If you get there an its a fit bird smile and walk away. You just hit the jackpot.

oh and if you can see their photos there is a small chance they can see yours.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:48 PM   #46
PNutts
macrumors 601

Interesting conversation and I'll point out that the OP hasn't been back since September and as previously mentioned his screenshots show an iOS 6 beta device.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:04 PM   #47
FlatlinerG
macrumors 6502a

Did they stupidly setup Find My iPhone as well? Could have some fun with that if they did
...and many more.
FlatlinerG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:51 PM   #48
Defactomonkey
macrumors newbie

Login to iCloud.com and see if there is an iPhone 4s there. If there is then send it a wipe signal.
Defactomonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:38 AM   #49
masc
macrumors newbie

I checked the photos, there is no GPS location stored.
Also most of the EXIF data is missing, i assume he has transferred the photos to his phone (after editing with Photoshop or the like), and not made the photos with it.
masc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6