Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Amazon dropped their MacBook Air 13'' by -$187.46. They're clearly the winner at this point.

czeano

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Not being charged sales tax during a purchase foes not mean you aren't liable to pay the sales tax. MacRumors' post here almost sounds like it's encouraging people in some states to skirt their tax obligation.

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
Target has $60 in iTunes gift cards for $50...and they still had a lot of them this morning when I went to the store.

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
I was going to post the same comment on life cycle or something similar for software update rumors. For example, 1Password 4 is due any day now, and many don't want to buy 3 as it may be a paid upgrade. Many have posted on the developers/company's forums asking if it will require a paid upgrade license and the moderator brushes the questions aside (which seems it may require $$$ to go from previous versions).

For large/popular applications, a small section on update rumors to facilitate members' buying decisions could be beneficial. As there are thousands, focus on the most popular and allow member to post threads on applications that may interest others. :)

No doubt about it, 1Password 4 will require a new purchase.

Justinf79

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2009
Oregon
Was thinking about getting the $99 iPhone 5 refurb, but I'm not sure what ATT's definition of refurb is. Will it still have any visible wear on it?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Was thinking about getting the $99 iPhone 5 refurb, but I'm not sure what ATT's definition of refurb is. Will it still have any visible wear on it?

I'd guess they come from Apple who refurbs them, so they prob look fine.

arn

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Amazon's sale on the 13" MBP is excellent. I just ordered one and will be returning the one I just bought. It's a savings of almost $300 which will cover the upgraded RAM and SSD. :D

Bluethree

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2010
Post Of The Day

BestBuy seems to be throwing down with competition discounts.

However I refuse to shop today; the fact that national box stores opened earlier than ever this year (Walmart even forced all their employees to work last night) means I will not participate in this out of control corporate market. The holidays should be about friends and family, not dashing into stores to help line the fat pockets of wealthy executives.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Congratulations on a great post and focusing on what's really important :):)

applegigs

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sorry but what on which planet is the Denmark you live in?
Apple Store online normal price 2999kr. Black Friday 2768
Humac normal price 2999kr.
Elgiganten normal price 2999kr. Black Friday 2799 kr.
Fona 2899kr.

Just love trolling, rolling ?
SALE ????

Hahahahahahaha... Most of the products are CHEAPER on a normal day in every store in Denmark, than the Black Friday prices at Apple Store Denmark.

iPad 2 for 2.799 DKR as a black friday price ??? Normal price in Denmarks Stores is 2.600 DKK - Without a discount :-/

Pay More - Even with a discount. See you NOT at the Apple Store DK

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Well hey, my boys have been saving $ from their paper route. They were getting closer, but still a few weeks out, but with the savings of $31 each, that covers 2 weeks worth of papers so they now have new iPod Touch 5th Gens.

I know Apple's margins are slim, but the boys will be happy with anything that helps them reach their goal sooner. :)

Justinf79

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2009
Oregon
Well just bought the $99 refurb iPhone 5, a black 16GB model. Nice upgrade from my N1. It's going to be my first iPhone, hehe. :D

spb3

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2012
does Best Buy pricematch Amazon?

I have to buy from BB since i have a store credit with them.

grassfeeder

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
that Amazon price on the 13" MacBook Pro for $962 was just too low to pass on....should be delivered by 4pm tomorrow. :)

sransari

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2005
annual iTunes load-up

Gotta love the 20% off the itunes gift cards. Saves me $40/year for the $200/year I spend on itunes anyway. :D

PS that 20% off macbook pro is tempting...that, coupled with no sales tax, free prime shipping, and 3% cash back using amazon credit card is quite a steal...

----------

Well just bought the $99 refurb iPhone 5, a black 16GB model. Nice upgrade from my N1. It's going to be my first iPhone, hehe. :D

good 1...wish VZ was offering the same...

speekez

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2003
Picked up a white 16gb 4gen retina ipad this morning at b&h photo for $458, no tax or ship. Price has gone up to $473.

BornAgainApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm such a sucker. I told myself back in September that I would pass on the iPhone 5. Well whattyaknow, I just picked up a refurb from AT$T for both myself and the wife. Couldn't pass up the $100 off. Thanks MacRumors :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.