Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Yes they're mostly fake cases but there shouldn't be any difference regarding the signal with the real or fake cases. If the real cases doesn't degrade the signal then the copied ones shouldn't have a problem either. What made you think the fake ones would perform worse?

Yeah scientific analysis galor.....POWWW

Long story short you put anything around the iphone that connects the antennas that conducts electricity it creates an artificial death grip causing signal degridation. The pieces of polymer on this case and even cases that Element and Draco made for the 4/4s breaks that circuit causing hypothetically no signal loss.

Last edited:

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Yeah scientific analysis galor.....POWWW

Long story short you put anything around the iphone that connects the antennas that conducts electricity it creates an artificial death grip causing signal degridation.

You clearly know nothing about aluminum cases. Go read the Draco thread.

----------

Nothing like this.

Trust me I know more about aluminum cases than you think. I have had mostly all of them fake and real. Read my post again , I said that there shouldn't be any difference between the real and fake case because they're the exact clones. If the real ones have issues then the fake ones should also have issues.If they're the exact same style and both are made from aluminum , what would make them perform different? Since you guys sound like experts, please explain.:rolleyes:

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Trust me I know more about aluminum cases than you think. I have had mostly all of them fake and real. Read my post again , I said that there shouldn't be any difference between the real and fake case because they're the exact clones. If the real ones have issues then the fake ones should also have issues.If they're the exact same style and both are made from aluminum , what would make them perform different? Since you guys sound like experts, please explain.:rolleyes:

can you pull up the photos in this thread of the sector 5 authentic and the knockoff and tell me how they're exact?

different grades of aluminum can be drastically different in a build of anything

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
can you pull up the photos in this thread of the sector 5 authentic and the knockoff and tell me how they're exact?

different grades of aluminum can be drastically different in a build of anything

Give those chinese guys a couple more weeks and i bet you wouldn't be able to tell between the real and fakes.
Just look at the Vapor4 and Pro versions.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Give those chinese guys a couple more weeks and i bet you wouldn't be able to tell between the real and fakes.

fair enough, it does make sense that they could get their hands on the same materials as Element

but as stated elsewhere on this forum, their paintwork is horrible.....

I wish they'd sell some of those kits raw so the purchasers could do their own custom work

an imron paint job on a sector 5 would be INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia

I seriously hate those people that copy the hard work of others and mass produce it and selling it at a low price. seriously they have no ethical behavior at all. Imagine you're the owner of Element Case, and people just copy your products and sell them online at 1/10 of your original price, how would you feel? Try to stand in the original innovator/seller/ producers shoes before you actually buy those knockoffs. Call me a hypocrite but I myself own a company as well and i hate copied products. Once there's people who copied my company product and I made sure that particular company never made it to see another day.

That link is so going to element cases' original website and i seriously hope element case sue those imbecile a*holes. :mad:

If you can't afford to buy it, DON'T BUY. Don't get it on a knockoff version just because its cheaper. That makes you cheap too :D

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012

Not 100 percent true, they don't test their cases for signal interference, the polymer pieces could be different or the case dimensions could be off and part of the metal could touch the phone etc there's no guarantee there yes the real ones are more expensive but you're supporting the United States economy, I can't comment on the case price because none of us know the profit margin for the real ones after production, labor and taxes and I don't think Element would give that out

tan5

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Lucky Labs Tru Carbon really is!

No signal issues whatsoever. THANKS ELEMENT!:D

----------

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Kenjichaz808

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Hi can someone please give me the dimensions of this case? im trying to get a custom made dock for it and the guy making the dock needs the dimensions of the case so that the dock will fit properly. If anyone with the case can give me the size that would be greatly appreciated.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

Sure. Look at the pics, the fake cases are based on pre production renders that were released. That means the dimensions are incorrect and they've more or less guessed on proportions. If you look at the corners, the RF inserts look chucky and rough and the whole thing will be sloppily cut.

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC

Lucky Labs Tru Carbon really is!

No signal issues whatsoever. THANKS ELEMENT!:D

----------

Looks sweet man!!!! Question, I was waiting to get the LL carbon fiber to see if the sticky part was similar to the ultra suede backing like can you remove and re apply it or is it a one time thing? The reason I ask is I don't want to put the CF on for 6 months a decide to take it off and Sticky crap be all over the back, I know when it pulled my suede back plate off my iPhone 4S it was clean as can be.

tan5

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Looks sweet man!!!! Question, I was waiting to get the LL carbon fiber to see if the sticky part was similar to the ultra suede backing like can you remove and re apply it or is it a one time thing? The reason I ask is I don't want to put the CF on for 6 months a decide to take it off and Sticky crap be all over the back, I know when it pulled my suede back plate off my iPhone 4S it was clean as can be.

its a one time thing.

tan5

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Not 100 percent true, they don't test their cases for signal interference, the polymer pieces could be different or the case dimensions could be off and part of the metal could touch the phone etc there's no guarantee there yes the real ones are more expensive but you're supporting the United States economy, I can't comment on the case price because none of us know the profit margin for the real ones after production, labor and taxes and I don't think Element would give that out

AGREED!
Bought many ebay clones from china and never learned my lesson as they all had serious reception issues. The sector 5 is my first real deal and no issues. you can see the "Vapor 5" all over ebay in which I bought that too. NO LTE, NO WIFI, and at best i could barely get edge. Dont be ignorant thinking there are exact clone because if there was no reception issues with the clone then $20.00 couldnt get you the quality as with the real thing. its like a watch, a bag etc. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. This is a luxury, it was not meant to be for the masses. Its like a Ferrari on a small scale. Keep driving that KIA, just dont compare it to a Ferrari just because they both have 4 tires and a steering wheel.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
AGREED!
Bought many ebay clones from china and never learned my lesson as they all had serious reception issues. The sector 5 is my first real deal and no issues. you can see the "Vapor 5" all over ebay in which I bought that too. NO LTE, NO WIFI, and at best i could barely get edge. Dont be ignorant thinking there are exact clone because if there was no reception issues with the clone then $20.00 couldnt get you the quality as with the real thing. its like a watch, a bag etc. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. This is a luxury, it was not meant to be for the masses. Its like a Ferrari on a small scale. Keep driving that KIA, just dont compare it to a Ferrari just because they both have 4 tires and a steering wheel.

Maybe my writing is bad or are you guys having problems comprehending what you read. What I'm saying is it doesn't makes a difference in the performance of the case either if it's fake or real. If the real one have issues then definitely the fake ones would too because it's the exact clones.
I've bought almost all the aluminum cases in the market since the iphone 4 days, real and fakes and it doesn't make a difference at all!
Regarding the Sector 5 case, just give them a few more weeks to get their hands on the real one and they're going to clone that and I'll bet you won't be able to tell the difference.

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Maybe my writing is bad or are you guys having problems comprehending what you read. What I'm saying is it doesn't makes a difference in the performance of the case either if it's fake or real. If the real one have issues then definitely the fake ones would too because it's the exact clones.
I've bought almost all the aluminum cases in the market since the iphone 4 days, real and fakes and it doesn't make a difference at all!
Regarding the Sector 5 case, just give them a few more weeks to get their hands on the real one and they're going to clone that and I'll bet you won't be able to tell the difference.

I think you are having trouble comprehending that your fake element case is not the same as a real one, but believe whatever you like lol.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
I think you are having trouble comprehending that your fake element case is not the same as a real one, but believe whatever you like lol.

Haha whatever, You have nothing to back up what you said.
I think you're just mad that you paid $160 for a case that a few weeks later someone can get the almost exact thing for $20.
By the way I'm not condone what those chinese company are doing but I'm just stating the obvious!
And for your information I didn't buy the fake sector 5.;)

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Haha whatever, You have nothing to back up what you said.
I think you're just mad that you paid $160 for a case that a few weeks later someone can get the almost exact thing for $20.
By the way I'm not condone what those chinese company are doing but I'm just stating the obvious!
And for your information I didn't buy the fake sector 5.;)

Its not the same thing at all. Look at the pics, the fake cases are based on pre production renders that were released. That means the dimensions are incorrect and they've more or less guessed on proportions. If you look at the corners, the RF inserts look chucky and rough and the whole thing will be sloppily cut. You get what you pay for, the crap costs 20-40 bucks.

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010

You can't compare real vs fake!
The real one is spray on color, the color waste off about month of use...I have one vapor pro fake and I sell it in few days.....you cant compare finish of real and fake one....

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Its not the same thing at all. Look at the pics, the fake cases are based on pre production renders that were released. That means the dimensions are incorrect and they've more or less guessed on proportions. If you look at the corners, the RF inserts look chucky and rough and the whole thing will be sloppily cut. You get what you pay for, the crap costs 20-40 bucks.

Like I've said in my previous posts. Give them a few more weeks to get their hands on a production Sector 5, then you won't be able to tell.

----------

You can't compare real vs fake!
The real one is spray on color, the color waste off about month of use...I have one vapor pro fake and I sell it in few days.....you cant compare finish of real and fake one....

Maybe so but I've seen a few fakes with the anodize finish and it looks legit.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Like I've said in my previous posts. Give them a few more weeks to get their hands on a production Sector 5, then you won't be able to tell.

----------

Maybe so but I've seen a few fakes with the anodize finish and it looks legit.

I had this long drawn out paragraph typed out in response but you know what? Do you.....
lol, if you wanna drop $40 on a knockoff so be it, those knockoffs costs about $5-6 to make
Just don't knock me for giving $160 to the small business owner

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I had this long drawn out paragraph typed out in response but you know what? Do you.....
lol, if you wanna drop $40 on a knockoff so be it, those knockoffs costs about $5-6 to make
Just don't knock me for giving $160 to the small business owner

It's not worth arguing with somebody that claims a fake is as good as a real one, that's like saying a fake Rolex or fake Lois Vuitton bag is exactly the same as the real, it's a pretty easy argument but some people just don't give up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.