Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:57 PM   #1
LokkJaw
macrumors newbie

iMac Keeps Ejecting Windows 7 DVD

Hey guys, I've been working at this problem for two nights now... I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my 27" iMac. Currently, it has OS X 10.6.8. I have the same set up on my Macbook Pro. I used Bootcamp Assistant on the Macbook to easily install Windows. When I try and preform the same thing on the iMac, when promted to by Boot Camp Assistant, the Windows 7 DVD get ejected immidiately (after being spun and read for a few cycles). I know the drive is 100% fine as it reads DVDs with multiple data images on it, movies, pictures, etc. Also, I installed rEFit to see if I could get a direct boot prior to OS X opening up in-case there was a software issue leading to my problem - but unfortunately, since I dont have a directly connected keyboard, I cant "press any button to continue." I'm all out of ideas as to what could be causing this problem...

Thanks in advance,

Lokk
LokkJaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2
LokkJaw
macrumors newbie

Also, even when not in Boot Camp - the iMac wont recognize the disk as anything, it is simply ejected...
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Ccrew
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokkJaw View Post
Also, even when not in Boot Camp - the iMac wont recognize the disk as anything, it is simply ejected...
Imac doesn't like the disc formatting on the DVD. It happens. Sometimes it's a flaky disc, sometimes it's a picky drive.
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:22 PM   #4
LokkJaw
macrumors newbie

I'm putting money on the drive...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac