Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:35 PM   #26
brandyboot
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eznoh View Post
I've been thinking about this for 3 days now... i know ive seen an ad about quick and bubble-free screen protector... i just cant remember the name... thanks!
brandyboot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:29 PM   #27
poisonedsoup17
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donga View Post
since you're frustrated you could use a small pin and gently prick the bubbles without scratching the touch. the protector might have extremely small holes but you'll have peace of mind
You're full of ****. That ****ed up my screen protector.
poisonedsoup17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 06:27 AM   #28
timychann
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyboot View Post
I've been thinking about this for 3 days now... i know ive seen an ad about quick and bubble-free screen protector... i just cant remember the name... thanks!
They're only bubble free if you apply it properly. Do it in a steamy room AND use the hinge method if you want 100% no bubbles.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 03:51 AM   #29
class77
macrumors 6502a

Get a PowerSupport AG. Easiest screen protector to get on because it's slightly thicker and therefore easier to get on.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:10 PM   #30
friborgcr
macrumors newbie

What I do is use a small piece of cloth to push out the bubbles. It usually helps if you clean the screen first with the same cloth before applying the screen protector carefully, and you got to try a few times before getting it flat without a lot of bubbles. Lay it on a small bit at a time then use the small cloth to stick the protector on.
friborgcr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:28 AM   #31
iamcool123
macrumors newbie

I KNOW......... drop the screen cover on top of the phone or whatever then allow it to fall under its own weight I AM GENUIS
iamcool123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 07:34 PM   #32
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by montycat View Post
I have stopped using screen protectors on both my Touch and iPhone. The glass on my iPhone still looks new after a year of being "unprotected". It shares the same space in my coat with keys, coins and other abrasive objects. I also think screen protectors diminish the screens picture quality.
Bad idea, I have use a screen protector from day 1 with my iPod touch 5th gen. About 8 months later the screen protector is really scratched up. Plus I bought an expensive military "HD" one that cost about $30 each. The screen quality is not degraded at all. You get what you pay for.

To the OP, it takes patience, I was able to get mine with not even one bubble, most of the time I don't even know if it's still on.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:19 AM   #33
Shanghaichica
macrumors 65816

I'm rubbish at doing these. When I first got my nexus 7, none of the shops sold them so I was forced to fit my own and that was the only one I managed to get on any device without air bubbles. Now I just get the shop where I it from to fit if for me.
Shanghaichica is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 06:23 AM   #34
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

I use these:
Tech Armor Apple New iPod Touch (5th / Latest Generation) HD Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-Pack]
http://amzn.com/B008XV7VTG

I first line up the home button and curve on the corner. Then I make sure that the screen protector is parallel to the sides of the iPod touch. Then I check that the camera cut out is in line with the the front facing camera. Then I use a credit card to push down on the protector to the screen as I pulled bottom layer off. As I pull the bottom layer off I slide the card with it to get the least amount of bubbles possible.
Hope this helps.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 08:35 AM   #35
Jonzjob
macrumors newbie

I put a Zagg full body protector on my Touch 2nd gen jobbie several years ago. It was no problem putting it on and even though it seemed to have a few small bubbles under it they disapeared when it all dried out. You put it on wet, they supply the pure water and a cerdit card size plastic applicator for fitting it too. OK, cost more than a lot of others but as said before you get what you pay for.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields/142

And! They give a lifetime guarantee ! What more can you ask for ??
John.
Jonzjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2014, 01:01 AM   #36
Rupali
macrumors newbie

Arrow Applying perfect Screenguard to macbook Pro

Please check the following video that shows the perfect and best way to apply a screen guard on Mac Book pro bubble free.
http://tinyurl.com/mekv7vv
Rupali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2014, 07:37 AM   #37
tqaasret
macrumors newbie

Hi, What I should buy Zagg or Tech Armor for my iPod? Any advice ? Tech Armor is only $7 , but is it good enough ?
tqaasret is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2014, 10:57 PM   #38
alexander2020
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqaasret View Post
Hi, What I should buy Zagg or Tech Armor for my iPod? Any advice ? Tech Armor is only $7 , but is it good enough ?
Hello. I had my reservations about screen protectors too; until someone suggested me to take a look at Gearmaxx screen protector in ebay. It's easy to install and it looks AWESOME on my screen. It feels great too. I purchased it on ebay and it's definitely worth the investment. I suggest you give it a try. And yes, the shipping is free.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-iPod-T...item2a3146a174
alexander2020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2014, 06:03 AM   #39
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

I use this:
Tech Armor Apple New iPod Touch (5th / Latest Generation) HD Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-Pack] http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XV7VTG/..._ziCHtb0M1BW40
There is no such thing as a screen protector that is easy to install in my experiences. I use tech armor because if I run out I can ask for replacements, for a lifetime excellent customer satisfaction and support.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 03:25 AM   #40
markbravo2014
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrok18 View Post
Just got a new 2g touch at Costco then i went to best buy to see if they have any new cases and well they did. So i bought a iclear and it came with a screen protector but when i put it on it had all these air bubbles. So should i peel it off and try again or is it too late? Also what is the right way to put it on?
There are some screen protectors out there that are really easy to apply. you should either pay an expert to install the one you have already purchased or choose your screen shield wisely the next time. I got a screen protector from ebay and it was really easy to install (No pins or Credit cards were involved). The surface looks really good too. The brand's name is "Gearmaxx". Here is an ebay link for you!! http://stores.ebay.com/GEARMAXX
markbravo2014 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories