Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:43 AM   #1
gwelmarten
macrumors 6502

ASUS UX32 - could I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 if I bought one?

Hi
I want to get a ASUS UX32A. There's one that comes with Windows 8 and an SSD, and the other that doesn't have the SSD but has Windows 7. They are basically the same price. I will be using the computer for work, running Windows applications, accounting stuff and banking stuff. Basically if I really want Windows 7, but also the SSD would be good. If I got the Windows 8 version with the SSD, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to downgrade to Windows 7 and keep all the ASUS drivers for things like the SSD cache and the multitouch trackpad. Is this the case? Should I just get the Windows 7 default one? Or will it be possible to safely downgrade the Windows 8 one?
Thanks,
Sam
gwelmarten is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Tags
asus, downgrade, ux32, windows 7, windows 8