Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When do you expect this super MBA to come?

• Total voters

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Quad core MBA with Dedicated Graphics card, Retina Display and 12 hour battery life (on intense 3D apps). When do you expect for that day to come? 2016? 2018?

Other than that, I honestly think that the MBA is still too fat. Needs to be thinner. They have to flatten the back too. It seems curved and gets thicker in the middle.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
Quad core MBA with Dedicated Graphics card, Retina Display and 12 hour battery life (on intense 3D apps). When do you expect for that day to come? 2016? 2018?

Other than that, I honestly think that the MBA is still too fat. Needs to be thinner. They have to flatten the back too. It seems curved and gets thicker in the middle.

That'll be the day hey? I don't think we're really very close though, my money is on at least 2016. The power consumption, and size constraints are too much right now.

Also, I couldn't agree more, I would love a thinner Air. Leave it up to apple though to figure that one out, I'm sure they're working on it as we speak.

SuperJudge

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
The Triangle, NC
Other than that, I honestly think that the MBA is still too fat. Needs to be thinner.

I dunno. It's already approaching the physical limits of how thin you can currently make a computer. The only way I could see it getting any thinner is if they reduced the travel of the keyboard and eliminated all the ports for external connectivity.

Now that I've said that, I think it might be cool to have a laptop with only wireless connectivity. On the other hand, the lack of Thunderbolt and gigabit ethernet would make me very, very sad.

All that said, I don't think we'll ever see a MacBook Air with the specs you've described. A rMBP? Sure. An Air? Probably not. That's just not the market segment the Air is in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.