Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
A buddy of mine wants to sell me his mint Mac Mini 2.6GHz i7 with installed 16GB memory from OWC. Magic Mouse, but no Apple Wireless keyboard. Should I take the deal for $960?

carter2

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
It's the tech equivalent of an irresistibly cute baby; the kind of hardware that stops passers-by, prompting compliments.
Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 800, full-sized HDMI, Thunderbolt, 4 x USB 3.0, SDXC slot, audio-in and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
So i will suggest after looking all these points this is a good deal to do for:D

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Doesn't sound all that great to me.

He's only had it for about a month.
Why is he selling?

Dduval

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
Unless you can get it for $800.00 or less, I would pass, plus I couldn't deal with the HDMI issue. Maybe think about putting those funds toward a new imac instead. My 2cents...

macman05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Unless you can get it for $800.00 or less, I would pass, plus I couldn't deal with the HDMI issue. Maybe think about putting those funds toward a new imac instead. My 2cents...

I might pass on buying it. Do you know when the 2012 iMac's will be released?

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Why Would Anyone Buy a Lemon?

Until Apple fixes the HDMI output problem, or at least addresses it with a way forward plan, anyone who buys a Mac Mini is buying a lemon.

I had the cash in hand and was ready to pull the trigger and then found out the 2012 Mini's "dirty little secret" thanks to these forums.

A pity, because the mini is a nice little machine.

Dduval

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I might pass on buying it. Do you know when the 2012 iMac's will be released?

No one knows the release date...I'm going to wait for them, I think. :) although I have really been looking at 2011 used iMacs. The deals are getting very tempting, lots of folks selling last years model so they can upgrade to the 2012's.

The thought of getting a great deal on a 2011 27" model and upgrading the hard drives to SSD's, upgrading the ram as well, I would have a faster machine (with the SuperDrive and larger screen)for about the same money (or less) than the newer models.

OWC turnkey upgrade program is calling my name...:D

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/turnkey/iMac_2011/27_Inch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.