Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
EDIT: Deal is probably dead for good. Ben's Outlet increased the price to $4.99 a week or so ago after slickdeals put it on its front page, so I'm sure people went crazy on these things.

I was just checking to see today on Ben's Outlet if they still had the Verizon tablet sleeve I bought (in a pair) many months ago and to my surprise, they still have them, discounted to $1 with free shipping for BF! If you're looking for a decent sleeve, this is probably one of the better quality ones at under ~$15-20, the kicker being that it's only a buck. It has been going in and out of stock (b/t OOS and 5%), so if you're at all interested, hop on it ASAP. I ordered a couple of extra for my warchest. :cool:

http://bensoutlet.com/products/verizon-deluxe-leather-tablet-sleeve

Here is a mini-endorsement I wrote on OCN:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1229834/official-ipad-owners-club/530#post_18667223

Last edited:

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
Thanks for the heads up, bought 3 more... What a great price...

Yeah, no problem. I'm sure most people find it hard to take seriously at that price, but it's actually a killer deal for an incredibly decent sleeve. I remember seeing these in the Verizon store when I bought my iPhone last year and I couldn't figure out why anyone would pay $50 for a sleeve (had just bought an HP TouchPad so I was on the lookout for a case). Well, apparently, I wasn't the only one as I think they discontinued it last year shortly after I had seen it in the store and sold off bulk stock to 1saleaday/ben's outlet (hence, they come without retail packaging). I thought they were OOS for good last night, but I guess they keep trickling them back into stock (back to 1% at the time of this post).

Last edited:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I got one of these awhile back and they're actually pretty good. They fit an iPad 3 with Smart Cover perfectly.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Only a dollar? Wow. That's way too cheap. I don't even need it, but a can't pass up a dollar deal. Lol.

alexponential

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Wow! Thanks a lot! I just purchased an iPad online today for Christmas, and I obviously couldn't pass this up.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
nice. i thought this at $2.99 BOGO was a good deal.

i could have saved a $1 lol

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Just grabbed 2 of these as well, hope they will fit my iPad's that I have smart cases on. Anyway a great buy. Thanks for sharing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.