Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Same price at TARGET, but you get $60.00 target card

I rather get it from BB. Remember at Target you pay 499 or 599 before tax and then you get a gift card, Bestbuy is 60 off which will save you a llittle on tax. Help me out here in So Cali.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I want to thank the OP for this thread, I ended up getting an iPad 2 for my wife for much less than I thought I would end up spending, $340 plus tax, she will love it!

Wediafom

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Just a heads up: iPad 4 is $40 off not $60. Older generations are $60 off.
Might as well get it from Apple instead.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Just a heads up: iPad 4 is $40 off not $60. Older generations are $60 off.
Might as well get it from Apple instead.

Nope wifi fourth gen iPads were definitely all $60 off. Of course I think most, if not all, are sold out.

Wediafom

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
I just called Best buy and I was told 4th gen iPads are $40 off. Either way, I don't see much of a difference with that of apple's.

ash211

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
I checked today for the heck of it and they weren't sold out at Best Buy...only $40 off the 16gb ipad 4 but they had 32gb iPads for $60 off so I snatched up one of those. Ordered online but scheduled to pick up in store!

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I just called Best buy and I was told 4th gen iPads are $40 off. Either way, I don't see much of a difference with that of apple's.

The 16GB appears to only be $40 now. Perhaps that price was only good for a short period today. The 32 and 64 models are still $60 off.

Wediafom

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
That sucks! I should have ordered when they were $60 off. Oh well. Do you think we wil see the same price reduction for after Christmas sale?

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
They are back in stock. Just added a 32gb to my cart and it came up as $539. Maybe it's online only, since there is no "pick up in store" option. 20 bucks is 20 bucks :)

Edit: just saw the other replies that 32gb is 60 off, but 16gb is only 40 off.

Claefer

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2011
Ooh, I was thinking I should've went with the 32 GB version but I got my tracking number already and I shouldn't complain, really. $480 for an iPad is pretty sweet deal, I'd say.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
I also just ordered a 32 GB wifi one with $60 off and used $70 reward zone certificate :D Seems like a good deal to me!

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I don't know how long it was, but here was an email I received about the iPad 2 being $60 off:

agu2u9ah.jpg

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Grabbed an iPad 4 myself. Couldn't resist the price.

I have the Mini, had the 3 before I returned it for the Mini but I'm looking forward to seeing now how I feel about the 4.

I liked my experience in an Apple store with it but time will tell if it will perform as well in places where I'll be using it the most especially with wifi.

DonnieZ

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Had a buyer for my iPad 2 16GB WiFi model, so I figured I'd take this opportunity to upgrade to the iPad w/ Retina LTE model.

I had been hounding the local Best Buys and Apple stores since the 15th or so asking if they were in stock, and I finally found one last Saturday at the local Best Buy Mobile - 16GB VZW in Black so I bought it on the spot, however I kept it in the box knowing that Best Buy was having a sale on iPads on Black Friday.

Instead of fighting the crowd at the big box Best Buy, I went back to BB Mobile in the mall. Got there about 10:30P on Thanksgiving and I was sixth in line. They see me in there all the time, so the manager agreed to make an exception to do a price match / return exchange for me prior to 2PM on BF as the general store policy dictates.

I waited in line behind the few other people activating GS3s and finally it was my turn. He rang up the return on my old receipt and then tried to sell me back another LTE iPad, but they both rang up at $629. They did some looking and apparently the LTE models were NOT included in the sale. They started scouring the ads and though it was ambiguously worded (Save $40-60 on iPad 2 and iPad with Retina Display), they deduced that the LTE models were not included in the sale. The manager was cool though and said that since I waited in line for an hour to process the exchange, he would give me $40 off. I asked about the $60, and he said that was for the iPad 2, not the iPad 4. Since they were swamped, I said that's fine, but why would they discount the lower priced model more than the higher priced model. Ultimately, he went back and grabbed an iPad 4 16GB and it rang up $459, so he gave me the $40 off.

All this was around 1:00A, so I'm assuming the iPad 4 was always only $40 off, and only for the Wi-Fi only model.

Though it wasn't the $60 I was hoping for, at least I got money off of an LTE iPad, and it mostly covered the tax on the device.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
If you use your Amex card, you could get an additional 20 off when you purchase ipad from bestbuy

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Had a buyer for my iPad 2 16GB WiFi model, so I figured I'd take this opportunity to upgrade to the iPad w/ Retina LTE model.

I had been hounding the local Best Buys and Apple stores since the 15th or so asking if they were in stock, and I finally found one last Saturday at the local Best Buy Mobile - 16GB VZW in Black so I bought it on the spot, however I kept it in the box knowing that Best Buy was having a sale on iPads on Black Friday.

Instead of fighting the crowd at the big box Best Buy, I went back to BB Mobile in the mall. Got there about 10:30P on Thanksgiving and I was sixth in line. They see me in there all the time, so the manager agreed to make an exception to do a price match / return exchange for me prior to 2PM on BF as the general store policy dictates.

I waited in line behind the few other people activating GS3s and finally it was my turn. He rang up the return on my old receipt and then tried to sell me back another LTE iPad, but they both rang up at $629. They did some looking and apparently the LTE models were NOT included in the sale. They started scouring the ads and though it was ambiguously worded (Save $40-60 on iPad 2 and iPad with Retina Display), they deduced that the LTE models were not included in the sale. The manager was cool though and said that since I waited in line for an hour to process the exchange, he would give me $40 off. I asked about the $60, and he said that was for the iPad 2, not the iPad 4. Since they were swamped, I said that's fine, but why would they discount the lower priced model more than the higher priced model. Ultimately, he went back and grabbed an iPad 4 16GB and it rang up $459, so he gave me the $40 off.

All this was around 1:00A, so I'm assuming the iPad 4 was always only $40 off, and only for the Wi-Fi only model.

Though it wasn't the $60 I was hoping for, at least I got money off of an LTE iPad, and it mostly covered the tax on the device.

That was a lot to type to be wrong. The ipad 4 wifi versions were $60 off. This thread is full of people who bought them for that price.

DonnieZ

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
That was a lot to type to be wrong. The ipad 4 wifi versions were $60 off. This thread is full of people who bought them for that price.

Way to be a dick about it.

I'm just relating MY experience. The dude rang up the iPad 4, and I saw the price on the screen with my own eyes - $459.99.

Last time I checked, $499.99 - $40.00 = $459.99.

whitesand

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
We bought our ipad 4 (WOW its FAST) last week and then went in on Friday to customer service and got our $60+ off...

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
I picked up a iPad 4 32GB WiFi yesterday at Best Buy for around $484! After open box discount was $535 (it's perfect btw)...plus the -$60 deal on iPads they had going on (store manager said deal didnt apply to open box items, but after some convincing he gave me an additional 10% off, - $54) and I got it for an AMAZING price!

Deals are out there, you gotta find em ;)

Bosox3

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
The iPad 4 was on sale for $60 off, but only until 12 noon according to my store.

The store I went to honored the deal till closing time yesterday.
I bought my ipad 4 , 32gb Wifi yesterday and it was also -60 off, so I also picked up a rocketfish cheapo case for $8 till I researched what the best cases are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.