Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Nosrettap
macrumors member

"Give me a new number": How does this work?

I'm purchasing a new Verizon iPhone 5 through Apple's website and one of the options is to "Give me a new number". I've never had a smartphone before, thus this seems like the logical choice; however, there doesn't seem to be a place to put in the number that you want.

Can you not choose your number? What about area codes - what area code does it give you?

Thanks
Nosrettap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:07 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosrettap View Post
I'm purchasing a new Verizon iPhone 5 through Apple's website and one of the options is to "Give me a new number". I've never had a smartphone before, thus this seems like the logical choice; however, there doesn't seem to be a place to put in the number that you want.

Can you not choose your number? What about area codes - what area code does it give you?

Thanks
I think it would give you an area code based on your address.

As for the rest, I don't know how it works.
ucfgrad93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Dragoro
macrumors 6502

No you cant choose your number, itll give you some choices of numbers and you can pick out of them.
Dragoro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosrettap View Post

Thanks
If you go to Verizon directly you will gain more options in the store. You can sometimes pick the last 4 digits if you like.
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone