Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:44 PM   #101
enophi1
macrumors 6502a

I have two black iphone 5 models here.

Week 36 / Week 39

Week 36 looked a lot bluer and cooler , I was pretty annoyed as it's the scuffed one.

Week 39 had a yellowish tint over the whole screen. I decided to try playing a game on the iphone until the phone got hot. It worked.

The Week 36 model is now the one that looks yellow compared to the week 39.

Don't know if this is "Glue Gate" or if it's different calibration (which I suspect) but playing around with the phone for a while cooled the yellow tint
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:16 PM   #102
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

I think a lot of this is people's mind, reading through this thread made me paranoid that mine was till I shrugged it off.
shenfrey is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:13 PM   #103
evorc
macrumors regular

It goes away no need to panic.
evorc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:04 AM   #104
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

I had one of the first iphone 4's on Verizon and used it without a single flaw or glitch for 2 years until I got my 5, came here to research metal bumpers that don't degrade signal now I feel like I'm in the paranoia zone
swervinsuburban is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:19 PM   #105
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
There's nothging to fix, it's not considered defective. Apple is known for using screens from different manufacturers with different color tints. There are many iPhone 4 and 4S with the same yellow tint. You just got lucky to have a different tint. To some other people blue tint is as bad as the yellow is to you. It's a personal prefference. I prefer the most neutral tint which is white. From all Apple devices I've own only iPod touch 3rd gen had the most neutral and accurate white. The rest was either yellow, blue or even pink tinted.
Wow, Of course you prefer the more natural white colour, hence the problem with yellow screens!

Sick and tired of people saying its normal, it doesn't matter the colour be it blue green, yellow or red - if it ain't white it's a flawed display.
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:23 PM   #106
TL24
macrumors 6502

Honestly guys I was one of those people that was obsessed with the yellow screen when I got my iPhone 5. I recently went into the Apple store I made a big discovery... The warmer screen actually made the colors stand out more than the bluer cooler screens! I compared them by Googling "calibration" and comparing pictures side by side and I came to the conclusion that the slightly warmer screen made the colors more lifelike and also made the colors pop.

So overall I'm pleased with my iPhone 5 and I wouldn't exchange it for a cooler hue one. Again, I don't have this "yellow" screen but I do have a warmer hue than the iPhone 5's in the Apple stores.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:30 PM   #107
cuti
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL24 View Post
Honestly guys I was one of those people that was obsessed with the yellow screen when I got my iPhone 5. I recently went into the Apple store I made a big discovery... The warmer screen actually made the colors stand out more than the bluer cooler screens! I compared them by Googling "calibration" and comparing pictures side by side and I came to the conclusion that the slightly warmer screen made the colors more lifelike and also made the colors pop.

So overall I'm pleased with my iPhone 5 and I wouldn't exchange it for a cooler hue one. Again, I don't have this "yellow" screen but I do have a warmer hue than the iPhone 5's in the Apple stores.
I agree with you that " The warmer screen actually made the colors stand out more than the bluer cooler screens! I compared them by Googling "calibration"

But when you open Safari or email, the background screen look very brownie and look depressed, also the black font is not stand out, it kinda blend into the color yellow of back ground, after 15 mins reading, you eye will feel tired
cuti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:57 PM   #108
TL24
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuti View Post
I agree with you that " The warmer screen actually made the colors stand out more than the bluer cooler screens! I compared them by Googling "calibration"

But when you open Safari or email, the background screen look very brownie and look depressed, also the black font is not stand out, it kinda blend into the color yellow of back ground, after 15 mins reading, you eye will feel tired
Good thing for me though is that my screen really isn't "yellow" - its in between cool and warm so it's perfect. Whites are perfect honestly, comparing it to the cool hue iPhone 5's there was a small difference but nothing dramatic like a totally "yellow" screen.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone